Weapon and Spells related?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Hi hi 🙂 So here I am, again 😛 , to make one more quick question.

Will the weapons be somewhat related to the spells/skills you use?

What I mean is, for example, will we be able to use all spells/skills with any kind of weapon or will there be specific weapons to specific spells/skills? (ex: use a sword slash with a staff, ahah)
    Waiting for answer ^^

Best regards,
    Frost. 🙂

• DymStudios - CEO

@frost said in Weapon and Spells related?:

Hi hi 🙂 So here I am, again 😛 , to make one more quick question.

Will the weapons be somewhat related to the spells/skills you use?

What I mean is, for example, will we be able to use all spells/skills with any kind of weapon or will there be specific weapons to specific spells/skills? (ex: use a sword slash with a staff, ahah)
    Waiting for answer ^^

Best regards,
    Frost. 🙂

The second option, quite obviously 😉 If you learn to perform, say, a Whirlwind with swords, then when resting you add it to the set of prepared spells/abilities (= your hotbar), that ability will be usable only if you're holding a sword. If you're not, it will be greyed out :slight_smile:

@prometheus Well that's pretty sweet, thank god it's like that 🙂 Thanks for the answer ^^

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

loving it lets see

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I know, the topic is quite old, but it os one of the first appearing, when I searched for weapons and skills^^
    as @Prometheus wrote already, different weapons are needed for different spells/abilities. I guess, that even some of the 6 Quests to discover new spells might be to fight with a specific weapon. Is this planned? I think it would at least fit in the style of quests, if there are also some spells where you need to die to discover them^^

But back to the topic: As we know, that some weapons and Armor will be only available at some planets because of the materials, and if they are linked to abilities, is it then possible for e.g. Beastmen to learn an demonic ability by using a weapon of tartaros, if they travel there? Or is it not possible to obtain a weapon which is not belonging to the own Race?
    There are so many options 😮 😄

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@alcriblp Spells are related to schools, not to races. So, if you use a weapon coming from Tartaros (don't think there is weapons related to races or planet too ^^), the spells will be the same.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

As I understood it, the abilities are not "linked" to certain weapons/armor - instead the latter is a requirement for the former. Judging from

If you learn to perform, say, a Whirlwind with swords, then when resting you add it to the set of prepared spells/abilities (= your hotbar), that ability will be usable only if you're holding a sword. If you're not, it will be greyed out

you can learn certain abilities that are tied to a certain proficiency (like Swordfighting), but not the item itself. However, in order to use that ability, you would need that type of weapon equipped (small, but important difference imo).

If learning demonic abilities as a non-demon is possible or if there are demonic abilities as such, I don't know tho.

I assume we can equip any weapon and start swinging it around until we learn some abilities?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Hmm, so basically we have the skill but need the specific weapon to use it. Alright 🙂
    Would have been actually very nice if some items like weapons would also offer the discovery of a new skill (so one of the 6 Quests)^^
    But I see, thank you for the answers 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured