I wish casual players to have blacksmithing , leatherworking etc benches in their land.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

thanks . have fun.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Replace Casual Player with Solo Player, then it fits.

Maybe Solo Players could use the Forge for a fee?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Blectorn that's a nice idea too

A rent system for city facilities would be nice.

The only problem would be where to get the materials from, since clearly you can't access that city storages.

Can you craft from your wagon?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I don't mind not being able to have those advanced crafting stations in a private house, but being solo as citizen of a town, and not party of a clan, paying a tax should be fine, but still you share storage atm, only if the storage of ores & wood was private as well, or could storage in the private house, that would be nice, but overall, a solo player should be able to craft all in the private house, just have to do a lot of gold farming and lot of travel trades, also have bound-time to people not steal the ingots.

But over all, a solo player should be able to craft everything in the private house if he puts the effort into it.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Main thing that no one understand that crafting should be as well time consuming.

If the game doesn't accommodate solo players or casual players that's a niche they will lose in revenue.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@bawz agreed

• Optional renting would be fine.

If the upkeep or the materials needed to build such crafting stations are demanding and one has enough spare time to do so, fine with me. That would be a common need to install those things within clans or towns.

On the other hand I don't get why solo playing within a MMO?
    That're just my thoughts on the topic, no trolling or the like.

@kuunkhaai - It's hard to know, at this point, what the devs have in mind for the long term. Cities and the blacksmith function are still new content, shaking bugs out. Same w farming.

I'm guessing that as the world grows, some of these options will evolve. Being a lone smithy in the woods near a mining town might become a possibility, and a cool one!

I'm happy to report that the devs have been excellent so far about listening to players' ideas. They don't always fit the vision of the guys behind the game, but when they can be fit in they often are.

Keep making thoughtful suggestions! 🖖

Casual players should join casual cities then, i don't see a problem there. 🙂

• Shiva, but we also got hermit plots. Those should also have some purposes. I think that the focus of these alphas was the guild content, because that appeals to most people, but solo content will come eventually.

@Razvan said

Shiva, but we also got hermit plots. Those should also have some purposes. I think that the focus of these alphas was the guild content, because that appeals to most people, but solo content will come eventually.

+1 this

I noticed, in my travels, that there are always a few 'hermit plots' near fertile fields and mining nodes. This will be cool for the players who are dedicated miners or farmers for their guilds. They might not want to live in town but can use the town's resources & crafting centers. Wouldn't be a bad life at all!

I also saw that there are always a few 'hermit plots' near the entrances to mob camps. I really appreciated the players who built on those & placed public hearths for recharging 😍 🔥 :💞

But I also reckon there's some entrepreneurial potential for a player who wants to sell new armor and weapons to folks who just got theirs trashed by a legend 💰 🗡 🛡 ⚔ 🤑

Btw i didn't test it last test but can you buy a 'hermit plot' and join a city? Shouldn't be a problem or?!

@Shivashanti

Yes. You can be a citizen of a city without living in that city and instead living on the outskirts someplace else.

• @Ostaff said in I wish casual players to have blacksmithing , leatherworking etc benches in their land.:

@Shivashanti

Yes. You can be a citizen of a city without living in that city and instead living on the outskirts someplace else.

Dang. I missed the chance to test that! 🤔
    Thanks for pointing that out @Shivashanti .

So it' even less of a problem then, just live in a hermit plot and join a city to craft stuff, very solo friendly in my opinion, since you don't have to build up smelters (more then 100 stone iirc) and stuff 🙂

@Gnoor @Shivashanti

Pretty sure the 'hermit plots' outside cities and near mining nodes are the dev's way of encouraging exactly what you're talking about. City upkeep being a constant pressure on the city leadership, I'm guessing that joining a city will involve some expectations, tho.

A solo-style player might like to live close to the tanners and the smithies and the merchant shops of the big city but I doubt they'll be welcome to use those for long without making some active contributions.

The strongest cities/guilds will be those that have the best synergy & citizen solidarity - offering excellence in city services & support for player growth in return for equitable input for the good of the whole.

@PeachMcD

Yeah we will see how it works out when we get permission settings for crafting stations and maybe a fee for it or something like that.

Btw you need citizens to get a better city rank, so smaller guilds will be totally fine with hermit living players joining them without exchange of labor, just to get the better city ranks they couldn't achieve without the numbers of players/citizens.

Then again you also need top tier houses (maybe decorations aswell) to push the prestige points. So we have to wait and see what they have for us in the fleshed out system.

@Shivashanti - indeed yes! The game that launches will be VERY different from the one we're playing now, no doubt about it.

Isn't it fun to get a chance to see the whole creative arc? And have some input, as a community and not simply as an 'investor'?

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured