@asspirin Those effects won't apply to evil Beastmen (abominations) and good Demons (Angels).
Reaper of banned souls.
Posts made by Specter
Week 90 - Weekly Drawing Winners
Engagement Drawing - Week 90
Each of the winners below has gained 1,000 Foundation Points!
Congratulations to everyone and thank you for being part of this awesome community! See you at next week's drawing!
If you're wondering what types of drawing exist and how to participate, check out this explanatory thread.
Please note: Drawing winners are drawn on Wednesday - so Week 90 ended on October 9th (last Wednesday).
RE: Post Your First Experiences From Playing The Alpha!
@Jetah Well, we're still in alpha 1, so I don't see what's wrong with this feedback section.
Known issues Porting Test Weekend (oct 11th 2019)
- The colors (haircolor, underwear, etc) of the character in the character creator don't match the selectable colors.
- The animations of all targeted "missile" abilities are missing.
- You can't place items in someone else's claim but the client isn't properly displaying this. As a result, it will look like you can but the server will block you from doing so.
- You will likely encounter white pillars with animals on top. Don't worry, these aren't almighty animal deities, just visible spawners. (FIXED)
- PvP is on by default and can't be turned off. (Toggle button does nothing).
- Ruins visibility distance is too short.
- The claim marker doesn't appear after claiming a spot. Relogging fixes this.
- Sometimes upon logging in, your character and the environment will look black and somewhat oversaturated. This goes away once you start moving.
- Logging out through esc --> Exit sometimes causes the client to freeze instead of closing properly.
Please report any technical/connectivity/stability issues you encounter here.
As mentioned a few days ago in the news post, the developers want to use this test to mainly test the following things:
- Client stability (should be stable as before)
- Server stability (should be stable as before)
- Launch issues (should be gone thanks to the new launcher)
- World loading issues (should be gone thanks to improved world streaming)
- Connectivity issues (should be gone thanks to the new communication protocols)
If you face any of the issues mentioned above, for example if you can't log in or get disconnected while ingame, please report it in this thread. Please keep the report as detailed as possible (including the log if you have it) to make it easier for the devs to identify the issue.
Spread The Word Contributor Rewards
Many of you have participated in the Spread The Word & Win An Alpha Key! contest a few months ago and have been waiting patiently for the Foundation Point reward ever since. Well, I'm happy to announce that with the porting out of the way, we finally had the time to add those points to your accounts! Every participant who has made one or more meaningful contributions has been awarded 500 Foundation Points per entry. What's a meaningful contribution you might ask? Well, I can tell you what isn't a meaningful contribution:
Simply spamming your referral link wasn't and still isn't a meaningful contribution. Many communities out there consider this to be spam and all it does is give Fractured a bad reputation.
Posting an advertisement on your personal Twitter or Facebook account unless it's a very big account. While technically this isn't a bad contribution per se, we already give points for sharing news articles on your Twitter and Facebook. Therefore I'm sure your followers are already well aware of Fractured if you've been doing those quests and adding another advertisement on top of that isn't going to make much of a difference.
Old entries. Obviously you can only enter a contribution once. Contributions that were already entered in a previous contest or one of the old Ambassador drawings do not count toward the contest.
More information can be found in the sticky about the contest.
Without further ado, here's the full list of the winners and the amount of points they've been granted:
Maybe you're looking at the winners above, thinking to yourself, "That's a lot of points, I wanted to participate too! ". Well, I have a good news for you because the contest is far from over! Judging by the low amount of participation I suspect a lot of you haven't been aware of it but anyone who has been spreading the word since A1-T2 up until A2-T1 has a chance to win a key for alpha 2, test 1! Of course you will also get 500 Foundation Points for every meaningful contribution you make, even if you don't win a key.
So what are you waiting for? Spread the word and get those sweet rewards, just make sure you keep your contributions meaningful as outlined above. Also, please post your contributions in the Spread The Word & Win An Alpha Key! thread, not this news thread.