@Mikey14117 the are plenty of titles that inspired us to make Fractured. In the MMO department I can name a few:
- Ultima Online for the freedom and the emotions given by exploration.
- Shadowbane for its town building and conquest mechanics.
- Haven & Hearth for its survival side.
- Guild Wars 1 / 2 for its character building.
- Vanguard for its race characterization.
- Talking modern stuff, I could name Albion Online - or better, its dev studio Sandbox Interactive.
- etc etc etc.
Outiside of the MMO world, classic single player Action RPGs for the exciting and skill-based combat - you name them, there are so many! Tabletop games (D&D above all) and classic RPGs games (BG, Planescape) also inspired us for their character attributes, styles of magic, alignment...
I could go on forever.
Of course, most of the games I've mentioned are just inspirations - don't start thinking Fractured has, say, survival elements as hardcore as H&H - that's not the case
In the end, we've felt that in the sandbox MMO world there was still a lot of room for innovation and I hope what we've revealed so far and the future spotlights will convey Fractured's potential in full! :slight_smile: