Cant log in

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Created a character successfully.
    Tried to log in, made it half way through the completion bar when it reverted back to char selection screen.
    Since then I cant log in, it says my char is already in the world.
    Cant delete the character, says it is currently logged in.
    Cant play another char as it says I have a char logged in.
    Closed the game completely and waited 5 min before logging back in and trying again, same issue.
    ID# 1588 if it helps.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Update: Was finally able to delete that character and create another.
    Also appears to be a connection issue because I keep losing connection to the forums as well.
    Will just keep trying.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Did you have any luck getting in?

I'm having the same issue - I created a new character (ID: 2469) and clicked 'Play' from the lobby, the 'Connecting to Server' bar got about 40% of the way then I got kicked back to lobby. Couldn't try logging in again because it said my character was already logged in.

Tried shutting down the game and restarting, same issue. I tried making a new character (ID: 2498) but couldn't play that one because the first character was still logged in.

Tried deleting the first character (ID:2469) and I was able to click Play on the remaining char, but again the 'Connecting to Server' bar got about 40% of the way and then I got kicked back to the character lobby. Now it says I can't play the remaining char (ID:2498) because "Login Failed: Your character with ID 2498 is already logged in the world. If you've logged out recently, you may have to wait for it to be removed from the world." Also can't delete because you can't delete a character currently logged in.

Again restarted the client, but still can't delete ID: 2498. I'll keep retrying for a while myself!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Not always can even click on log in. Game crashes , nice optimization what can i say, you cant even change settings outside the game or during log screen.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Yes it seems to be another case of the login server going down due to a large amount logging on.

Probably going to just try again tomorrow, my advice to the developers would be, ditch the excess weight ( Players ) -> Email me a private login -> Give me a day to play alone -> then let everyone else back on to the queues 🙂

Or just increase the amount that can log on, perhaps your server just can't handle that many at once though.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Drustin Yep, I think it's just a matter of waiting to see if this particular load issue can be fixed.

No big deal, this is what stress testing is for. As far as first impressions go, I enjoyed the idea of 'backgrounds' at the character selection - and am looking forward to checking things out if the servers are rebooted.

Thanks to the team for making this a public test!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

That has to be the nicest 'we're fixing it' message I've seen in a game.

9fac2bf0-8a2a-4c33-898a-54e6c85eca17-image.png

Also, kudos to whoever wrote that - awesome to give extra information about what is being done!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Prometheus So , after hotfix patch game started to crash on Log screen on weak PCs. I thought it was problem with NvidiaShadow Play , but it was not, i turned it off. Probably this might be fixed by letting people change "basic" settings before we enter the game. Can add Dxdiag if you will need it.

@Equart said in Cant log in:

@Prometheus So , after hotfix patch game started to crash on Log screen on weak PCs. I thought it was problem with NvidiaShadow Play , but it was not, i turned it off. Probably this might be fixed by letting people change "basic" settings before we enter the game. Can add Dxdiag if you will need it.

This is a good idea, at least for testing purposes in the future.

@Avaera said in Cant log in:

@Drustin Yep, I think it's just a matter of waiting to see if this particular load issue can be fixed.

No big deal, this is what stress testing is for. As far as first impressions go, I enjoyed the idea of 'backgrounds' at the character selection - and am looking forward to checking things out if the servers are rebooted.

Thanks to the team for making this a public test!

I'm sure it'll get resolved and to agree with you on the last point, thanks to the team for the opportunity to try this out, I missed out on the pre purchase stuff as I bought into another game, which kept being delayed and I am a poor bloke so I'm currently knitting some winter hats to sell and then I will buy this damn great game !
    So yes thank you to @Prometheus and whoever else is part of your team, I don't know people that well yet ! 🙂

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

One small question torments: What is the point in Open Аlpha 2 Weekend, if it is impossible to log in due to a crowded server? If the servers are not designed for a large number of players during the tests, then how to understand that later there will also be no problems?

@Kiemas

The point is to test how the server copes with loads of people logging on at once, so far not awesome, but they are sorting this problem out.

They need this test to improve for later tests and will probably keep improving their servers and systems until it's ready for the full release, this is the basis of any development path, find issues, fix them, add new stuff, repeat.

There will always be problems later on, but finding as much early on i.e. now, means there will be less issues later down the road.

I can pretty much guarantee that when they release this game in 2021, I believe was the year suggested so far for release to open beta/full release, the first 1-7 days will have queues, crashes, problems logging in and bugs here and there.

But do you know what, EVERY game in the history of the world, has had these same problems on release, because there are always more people than you think who will log on all at once and usually crash the server.

Nothing you can do, but prepare the best you can, which is the whole point of this and every test on the game.

• Community Manager

@Kiemas The fact that the server couldn't handle the load today is exactly why stress tests happen. This stress test has brought new issues to light so in a way, it was actually a success. 🙂 I know it sucks for the players, but frankly anyone who has been part of a stress test before knows these things happen. The weekend isn't over yet, so don't give up hope just yet. 😛

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I logged in for some time, made my house and killed stuff, but the game was slowing down my pc after all that time open, so I tried to reopen it. Now cant login anymore, getting stuck like people said here. Will play some more another time 😛

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured