Give us Attribute Resets please

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

But since there is only limited points you can allocate, if with carrying heavy load often, your strength increases... how would system determine which stat to decrease to compensate?

What if player is hard core and works on everything?

What about affiliated stats for certain sub races that rise in different quantity?

Manual reallocation over time would be much simpler to implement, and would give players more choice. Certain tasks could still be required, alongside time constraint, in order for player to get eligible for reallocatiin.

@Gothix said in Give us Attribute Resets please:

(...)Certain tasks could still be required, alongside time constraint, in order for player to get eligible for reallocatiin.

Am I correct in assuming you mean something like for example if you carry enough weight over a long enough period of time, you'd be allowed to decrease one other stat and increase strength by one manually if you want to do so?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

There should be a stat reset, at least for the purpose of testing.

@Tamdemonium said in Give us Attribute Resets please:

maybe but before going into a game you should know what you are doing no?

I played diablo 2 back in the day (pre expansion time). I had no idea about the game but it looked fun and i had a few friends that played it. i played a wizard/sorc and choose fireball as my primary ability. i was pretty much stopped at a later act because i couldn't do enough damage to kill the groups of mobs. i found a trainer that would allow me to swap my skill points (offline of course) into the Frozen Orb skill. and OMG did that frost skill do so much more damage.

There are times where you even read builds and decide to try them only for you to not enjoy the playstyle. Now compound that with the need to find knowledge to unlock spells and any given character could need 1-6 months to catch up to your main but may have only 5 attribute points difference.

@Logain something like that yes.

Because in many occasions system could have hard time to decide on its own, which stat to decrease for you, especially if you didnt "slack" in any area.

Early UO was awful. If you got your character gmed in a skill and happened to walk by a camp fire with 0 in that skill you all of a sudden lost your gm and added to a worthless skill. That gm back then could take months to get. They eventually introduced the system of locking/raise/lower so you could manage your skills. Then they came out with the skill balls where you could even remove a skill to transfer it to another character. I know my first UO character was awful. Gm tailor with gm magery and gm fencing lol.

• Personally i enjoy the development of several specialized characters more then just 1 super toon. For me it is not the race to be best it is to the creation of the best to fit my mood/play style.

@Tero-Kaze said in Give us Attribute Resets please:

Personally i enjoy the development of several specialized characters more then just 1 super toon. For me it is not the race to be best it is to the creation of the best to fit my mood/play style.

that sounds great until you need both characters in a certain spot and have to move them. that means, double resources to travel, equip, etc. now if you add in a character for dedicated gathering then you're outfitting 3 characters.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

PLAYER CHOICE ALWAYS!

Totally agree man! the atributes are very impactfull and being able to try different configurations or just completelly change our game style and try what works best!

Forcing the player to start over and collect skills and upgrade them again, just to have a different set of atributes you might not even like that much, is just not a good concept imo. + its just a form of grinding

I am totaly for D&D like character creation. I personally have enough of those games where decisions have no consequences.
    I find it good to try something and if it is not working to start over again as a learning process. It is not wasted time in my opinion since we will get faster to the same point since we gained knowledge about the game during our first try.
    Games these days are realy user friendly and alow a lot of margin for errors which you can correct.
    I like the old days like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale where you were sitting hours on character creation to get the best possible party together.
    So no attribute changes after creation for me. 👀

@LilCassiopeia totally agree!

@LilCassiopeia @Shivashanti @Logain @Xzoviac @Gibbx @Tero-Kaze
    I see two diferrent groups in this comments and I believe it extends to the larger crowd of future players of Fractured.

Group Block -- Blocked Atributes for harder and consequential gameplay
    and
    Group Free -- Atribute reset for freedom to change with relative ease.

If Group Block get's it's way a lot of players from Group Free will get frustrated at this aspect of the game. If we get freedom, Group Free won't get frustrated and Group Block still can play their way so having freedom to reset abilities makes no difference to the Block group.

I honestly don't understand why would you advocate for blocked atributes then. Just let each player decide how they want to experience the game! especially if the mechanic you thinking of implementing will somehow ruin the other guys experience (in their perspective)

Why force someone else to do it your way if they don't like it and it changes nothing in your experience?

You've spent hours unlocking skills, traveling to different planets, risking yourself to complete a skill chalenge and upgrade it, you hunted especific mobs farming for their bestiary knoledge and abilities for hours!!!

And now you realize from experiece playing or from a tutorial you read that you need to change your atributes. to optimize your gameplay for PvP for ex.

And now you guys want to go trhough all of that laboreous process again and again and again??? Help yourselfs just don't force me to waste my time like that. That is called GRINDING, and not having it is the main reason I and many others like this game. FREEDOM!

@PedroBillyMattos said in Give us Attribute Resets please:

@LilCassiopeia @Shivashanti @Logain @Xzoviac @Gibbx @Tero-Kaze
    I see two diferrent groups in this comments and I believe it extends to the larger crowd of future players of Fractured.

Group Block -- Blocked Atributes for harder and consequential gameplay
    and
    Group Free -- Atribute reset for freedom to change with relative ease.

If Group Block get's it's way a lot of players from Group Free will get frustrated at this aspect of the game. If we get freedom, Group Free won't get frustrated and Group Block still can play their way so having freedom to reset abilities makes no difference to the Block group.

I honestly don't understand why would you advocate for blocked atributes then. Just let each player decide how they want to experience the game! especially if the mechanic you thinking of implementing will somehow ruin the other guys experience (in their perspective)

Why force someone else to do it your way if they don't like it and it changes nothing in your experience?

just because there's a request to freely change attributes that doesn't mean it cant be limited to a set duration (cooldown).
    i'm the type that wants my attributes to change as i change play style. it doesn't have to be quick, like a month, but over 6 months if my play style changes from melee to ranged then i want my stats to show that. a person keeping high strength while casting spells; thus not using 2h weapons or heavy armor, should get weaker over time.

@PedroBillyMattos said in Give us Attribute Resets please:

(...)it changes nothing in your experience?

Because it changes everything in your experience.
    Have you ever tried to join a poker tournament, then tried to argue that you should be allowed to join in again if you lost your money, because it doesn't change anything for the other players? Have you argued with open world free for all PvPers that PvPn should be consensual only, because it changes nothing for their experience?

@PedroBillyMattos Oh man now that you put it that way it was a pain in the butt trying to add holocrons to extra characters in SWTOR. I just gave up and started only putting select ones that were easy to get to on successive characters.

Attribute change being "possible" doesn't mean it has to be "free".

It can be possible to change attributes, but it can be BOTH limited by long cool down, and super expensive, so it will also require considerable effort on your part to be able to do it.

So group block can still play knowing that choice has tangible consequence, and group free can eventually change their attributes if they will not like their current ones, they will just need to place some effort in that, and not get it for free.

@Gothix said in Give us Attribute Resets please:

Attribute change being "possible" doesn't mean it has to be "free".

It can be possible to change attributes, but it can be BOTH limited by long cool down, and super expensive, so it will also require considerable effort on your part to be able to do it.

So group block can still play knowing that choice has tangible consequence, and group free can eventually change their attributes if they will not like their current ones, they will just need to place some effort in that, and not get it for free.

I'm in the expensive and over time group myself.

it can cost 10k gold, 1000 of every resource to redo 1 point per month/quarter/bi-year/year. Then it can increase every time a point is changed. the game has gods, they seem pretty active. no reason why they wouldn't want to help our the followers.

@Jetah said in Give us Attribute Resets please:

(...)I'm in the expensive and over time group myself(...)

I think I'm in that group as well 😉
    That said, how would you handle 'races'? Since people here seem to despite the consequences of the initial choice on attributes for their gameplay, it would appear that shouldn't be much different for their choice of race (since it has an equal effect on attributes and hence gameplay)?

@Logain said in Give us Attribute Resets please:

That said, how would you handle 'races'? Since people here seem to despite the consequences of the initial choice on attributes for their gameplay, it would appear that shouldn't be much different for their choice of race (since it has an equal effect on attributes and hence gameplay)?

I think we should add a "save game" option as well, so if we make a mistake we can roll back and try again! 😂 😜

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured