Human passives

• Hi,
    just wondering whether humans have some planned passives just as other races - according to wiki all beastmen have some form of shapeshift skill that gives them offensive / defensive abilities and demons have situational offensive and defensive buffs, human race has nothing so far, right?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Humans can use technology that the other races can't use.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Humans have steampunk, in addition to magic. Also, playing as human you start in a world with pvp rules, similar to Ultima.

Meanwhile, beastmen have no pvp, at all, while demons world is a free-for-all chaos, supposedly. So there are more things come into play when picking race, than it's passive bonuses.

• So no passives, right. Will those guns give something to humas that will be completely different to bow and unobtainable by other races? Or will firearms be only bows with different skin and maybe bigger dmg numbers (and huge reload times)? Same for "technology" - will it be different to magic? Or is it going to be just "spells with steam"?
    I hoped for example more talent points to compensate absence of other race passive bonuses (just as they have more stats with no stat affinity).

@asspirin said in Human passives:

So no passives, right. Will those guns / steam stuff give something to humas that will be completely different to bow and unobtainable by other races? Or will firearms be only bows with different skin and maybe bigger dmg numbers (and huge reload times)?
    I hoped for example more talent points to compensate absence of other race passive bonuses. Doesn´t matter, didn´t want to roll one anyway, just curious 🙂

There is more stat points at char creation so humans are more versitile/can be good at anything

• @Xzoviac The fact they have more stats just gives them versatility, but with this logic beastmen are also versatile - you want tank? Go bear. Caster ? Deer. Dps? Tiger or wolf. And beastmen will probably have passives to even widen the gap. Does human race have any advantage then? Im not arguing, it only seems to me that human race will not be very versatile, just allaround lacking.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@asspirin said in Human passives:

@Xzoviac The fact they have more stats just gives them versatility, but with this logic beastmen are also versatile - you want tank? Go bear. Caster ? Deer. Dps? Tiger or wolf. And beastmen will probably have passives to even widen the gap. Does human race have any advantage then? Im not arguing, it only seems to me that human race will not be very versatile, just allaround lacking.

Humans won't have passives, but they will have more points to spend on character creation. Another important human advantage is that they will be more resilient in other planets, so they will be able to stay longer with less debuffs.

• @Znirf Thank you for answer.

@Znirf said in Human passives:

Another important human advantage is that they will be more resilient in other planets, so they will be able to stay longer with less debuffs.

oh that's new! (or I dont remember it)

@Jetah Is it? We know demons get penalties and that beastmen lose their buffs leaving their planet.

This just means humans don't get bonus nor penalties.

• @Pwnstar Znif said "... they will be able to stay longer with less debuffs" - so they still get penalties, just not as severe. They dont get bonus, just penalties 😄

Sounds like humans have an advantage that's not a 'passive' buff of any sort, but a latitude - a breadth of available options unavailable to pc's native to Tartarus or Arboreus. I'd say that's plenty fair, and an interesting choice.

I'm looking forward to developing a human pc once my Beastling is solid and I know what mistakes I want to avoid 😉

@Pwnstar said in Human passives:

@Jetah Is it? We know demons get penalties and that beastmen lose their buffs leaving their planet.

i dont remember it being told before but i may have missed it.

• Wiki Editor

@Jetah said in Human passives:

@Pwnstar said in Human passives:

i don't remember it being told before but i may have missed it.

They're sort of penalized on Tartaros by losing Karma (unless this changed), but no penalties on Arboreus (for Good-aligned Humans).

Spotlight #6:

Tartaros
    Unlike Beastmen, Humans are generally tolerated by Babilis, who sees a potential for corruption in them. They aren’t directly penalized like Beastmen, but slowly lose Karma over time, unless they enjoy the protection of another God. Tyros, for instance, grants total immunity from the influence of Babilis – but of course, that comes at a price too. While the dark God is not able to reach their souls, it is more than willing to let its children do the dirty job! That is why, one hour after stepping on the planet, the presence of any protegee of Tyros is made known to all Demons in the area!

Arboreus
    Only Humans with Good alignment are allowed to walk the lands of Arboreus for a considerable amount of time – 20/40 real-world hours, thus being able to explore a good portion of the world at once, collecting resources and acquiring knowledge.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@PeachMcD said in Human passives:

Sounds like humans have an advantage that's not a 'passive' buff of any sort, but a latitude - a breadth of available options unavailable to pc's native to Tartarus or Arboreus. I'd say that's plenty fair, and an interesting choice.

I'm looking forward to developing a human pc once my Beastling is solid and I know what mistakes I want to avoid 😉

I could be wrong on this, but aren't both beastmen and demon subraces have higher maximum stats?

• Wiki Editor

@deusex2 said in Human passives:

@PeachMcD said in Human passives:

I could be wrong on this, but aren't both beastmen and demon subraces have higher maximum stats?

All races have the same max stats of 25 (unless the cap has changed since last I looked), but beastmen and demons get an affinity stat like Hellfire demon +3 STR which makes it easier to reach a higher stat in STR than a human.

They also get bonuses and penalties which affect how high the stat can be, although I don't recall if the penalty limit is only at character creation or even with talents, gear, etc. For instance a Hellfire demon could only raise their CHA to 15 since they have a -3 penalty.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured