[P.TEST] Stone and Trees don´t respawn

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Cut the trees ~ 1h ago and mined the stone yesterday, but they don´t respawn.

c6ab307d-94a3-47fa-85ef-0a3c5e7083e1-image.png

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Eurav in alpa 1 test 2, the rocks seemed to respawn every 2h or so and trees every 24h i think. it is possible they flipped them. tbh, it seemed pretty long to wait when the servers will probably be flooded with players upon release, you can't replant them to speed it up, and you need so many of the rss to make your base.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Originally the respawn time was 30 mins, don´t know if they increased it for A1 T2 o.o
    Still felt ~ 30 min to me in A1 T2

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Eurav ah ok. it might have been for rocks. the trees i chopped down didnt respawn for 24h. i had to spend ages travelling away from my base to gather logs.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

If this is an intentional part of the test & future gameplay, i think that would be very good for the game.
    Having key resources respawn much slower would encourage people to log in more times thru the week while spending less time during each play session.
    It would also greatly help with trade as even basic resource would be very valuable.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@islesofurth which would in turn absolutely kill the game, coz upon launch, within a few hours, there will be no rss left due to the large number of players joining needing rss... and then everyone would be unable to finish their builds, or harvest twigs to make arrows or other equipment... wont be able to make a campfire.

the game would die really quickly, coz people wouldnt be able to do much of anything for very long before they were effectively forced to log off due to a lack of rss and thus things to do.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

imagine being a player joining the map and there is literally not a single tree left, even though you joined only 5h after the game started up... what would u do?

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Xzait said in Stone and Trees don´t respawn:

imagine being a player joining the map and there is literally not a single tree left, even though you joined only 5h after the game started up... what would u do?

Look elsewhere,
    It is normal for a low tech tribes & civilisations to consume all the resources in a single area and then move on.
    Especially when it has a higher population than what the land around it can provide.

It could very well be a bug yes, but something this obvious, i highly doubt it.
    It's such an easy thing to change once setup, just like switching on a light in your home.
    The way it is now is also more in line with what Prometheus has said is their vision for the game.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I think trees will have to respawn, just slowly. The idea behind stones and ores seems to be that quarries and mines will be important, so likely the wild versions will be very limited.

This doesn't mean that they should never respawn (although options for towns to remove them completely if needed would be okay)... but rather that a longer time frame would be fairly fitting all in all. So long as we have carts to haul larger amounts, that shouldn't be a huge problem either.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

my concern is more based upon startup of the game when it releases. say it ends up having an unexpectedly high turnout, like pokemon go did. there wont be enough rss to go around, even if u do explore. if too many players end up playing this day 1, ther could be literally no rss left to gather at all if the respawn times are too long. Ye, sure, increase respawn time if neccissary as the number of players funnelling into the game dies down, but have it at even 15 minute intervals for initial release perhaps so there isnt a rss wall for everyone when they havnt yet been able to build plantations or quarries or other stuff to be able to make their own rss.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

In Life is Feudal you actually had to replant the trees once you cut them down. You could gather seeds from the trees you wanted to replant. Otherwise crap trees would grow in their place. It was cool to see groves towering that you actually planted, however, the respawn rate was horrible. Everything in that game was actual work. Cutting down that grove would take hours. Dragging the logs to your settlement was long and slow. Then you planted your seeds and each day they got a growing cycle I can't remember the rate but I think it was somewhere in the neighborhood of a week or two to fully grown. That was also dependent upon the weather. No rain meant slower growth and you needed spring season for maximum production time. I left that game long ago and many did just because it was too real. Resources need decent respawn rates to keep interest or people get bored and move on.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Farlander yup, thats the sorta thing i was getting at, but didnt know how to explain it like this. thanks 🙂

Copyright © 2019 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured