Reserve a name separately?

• Hello all.

As title shows really.

I myself am very much looking forward to this game, just like many others are I imagine.
    There is a little bit of a problem though, Reserving a name.

I, like plenty of others I imagine would like to reserve a name but i dont have the funds or will power to spend $89.99 for LEGEND just for a few perks when i am only interested in reserving a name. This game may be awesome, it looks to be that way so far but i am not quite willing to pay $89.99 just to reserve a name.
    I would be more willing to pay the $24.99 for ADEPT but the fact i am unable to claim a name with that is putting me off from buying it.
    Even if the reserve names are only usable for a certain amount of time after release then i would still be more willing to pay the $24.99. That way if i don't get along with the game at least i wont feel i have spent a huge ammount of cash.

Could reserve a name be added to lower tier passes, ADEPT and MASTER or even just sold seperately?

Thanks for reading.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Hi @Gonky! Not exactly sure what you mean by 'reserve a name' but once you Plonky down your subscription at any level you can create a character that has a name. It's not the game PC, but unless the name you want to reserve is uncreative in the extreme & predictably high-demand (e.g., TigerNutz, LapDancer, LeroyJ... 😉 ) I can't see it being a problem.

Start at the lowest level if you want to limit your investment. You can always bump it up. Come on in, the water's fine! 🖖
    783571da-9380-455a-8c6b-79ddf2c162ae-image.png

@PeachMcD lol. the water in the pic looks damn fine 😉 but you are definately right. Name reserving shouldn't be an issue if you are using even something like a personal gamer tag (Unless it is Pewdiepie's or some other famous persons gamer tag).

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

If online guilds do not transition into the game, then i doubt that your online profile would transition into the game either.
    So something like reserving a name would actually be kind of important to some people (especially role players)
    As your in game name would potentially be stolen from someone else seconds before you got to create it.

As someone who does have this perk i would certainly like to know how Dynamite plans to provide the opportunity to "reserve a name".
    Maybe if the community manager @Znirf ever leaves discord, we will get an answer.
    Otherwise we will just have to wait till @Prometheus gets back from holiday.

Name reservation is something many players wish, and as such is often used as incentive for people to buy higher tier packages so developers get better cash support for developing their game.

For this reason, I doubt name reservation would be included in lower tiers. It might end up being sold separately, but in such case it would also not be cheap, or people who already spent cash to get higher tier, because of name reservation, would get displeased.

So I can already tell you with 99% certainty, name reservations will not get included in low tier packages. 🙂
    And if it got included in cash shop separately, it would probably also cost at least 50$, so if you add 25$ for adept it would still cost you 75$ to get a game access with a name reservation. IF it ended up sold separately, which is also doubtful. 🙂

• Hello all and thank you for the replays.

Indeed i like to use the same player name for every game i have been in and have been put off games when i havent been able to use my name which i have used for the past 19-20 years. I would be willing to pay a fee to reserve my char name. I am not willing to pay 89.99 just to reserve a name though.
    Even if they gave a option to pay a little extra to reserve a name when you purchase a lower pack like ADEPT then i would be more willing to do that but for me at the moment i just cant see myself paying 89.99.

Hear is the link to the parts i was mentioning about only being able to reserve a name is you purchase "LEGEND"
    https://fracturedmmo.com/store/#pack

@Gonky said in Reserve a name separately?:

Hello all and thank you for the replays.

Indeed i like to use the same player name for every game i have been in and have been put off games when i havent been able to use my name which i have used for the past 19-20 years. I would be willing to pay a fee to reserve my char name. I am not willing to pay 89.99 just to reserve a name though.
    Even if they gave a option to pay a little extra to reserve a name when you purchase a lower pack like ADEPT then i would be more willing to do that but for me at the moment i just cant see myself paying 89.99.

Hear is the link to the parts i was mentioning about only being able to reserve a name is you purchase "LEGEND"
    https://fracturedmmo.com/store/#pack

what if the name reservation was 59.99?
    personally id say if you want the name reservation then you'll have to spend the 90!

• @Jetah Nah not a chance i am willing to pay 90 just for a name.
    This game may be good but as i havent even played it yet, only seen clips and what people have said about it, it still isnt making me want to spend 89.99 for it just to claim a name.

Usually i find games that i can't use a set char name for i don't tend to play for long, but thats me. Plenty of other games out there i could always try i guess.

@Gonky said in Reserve a name separately?:

@Jetah Nah not a chance i am willing to pay 90 just for a name.
    This game may be good but as i havent even played it yet, only seen clips and what people have said about it, it still isnt making me want to spend 89.99 for it just to claim a name.

Usually i find games that i can't use a set char name for i don't tend to play for long, but thats me. Plenty of other games out there i could always try i guess.

I've found a few names in case the one I want is taken. It's no big deal for me because I dont really see it all the time.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Name reservation is always a hot topic. Sadly, people often put it to foul uses with those they dislike as well.

I personally would not mind seeing a system where people who were already active in community prior to name reservation had priority on the name they had been active under, but I think the bigger concern has to be that sometimes people want the same name.

I personally think names need to be less an issue, and that another identifier should be in place for friends to know each other. After all, a short look around society will show just how few names in our world are unique...

@Jairone said in Reserve a name separately?:

Name reservation is always a hot topic. Sadly, people often put it to foul uses with those they dislike as well.

I personally would not mind seeing a system where people who were already active in community prior to name reservation had priority on the name they had been active under, but I think the bigger concern has to be that sometimes people want the same name.

I personally think names need to be less an issue, and that another identifier should be in place for friends to know each other. After all, a short look around society will show just how few names in our world are unique...

I played Neverwinter Online and they used an account name and character name. You could hide the account name but names weren't unique. it'd be similar to having character@battletag but being able to hide the @battletag part. Only problem with this is it prevents any spying (with 1 account) on other planets or other guilds.

Perhaps a system like a blizzard has. Account name, which would be the name we are active under in forums by default (and could be changed once, if people wished, because they didn't plan on it being forum name, so give everyone one inital possibility to change it if they like, then keep it), and then character names in game would be independent of it.

But friends could be found through account name.

For example: my account name would be Gothix but I wouldn't need to have character named Gothix in game, I could have demon named Demonicus, and beastman named Beasty, and people could still find me by searching my account name (Gothix).

Of course if people wished to played incognito, privacy option would exist to be turned on, so people who don't wish their characters known can't be found through account name.

Initially, system could set account name to already existing forum user name, and allow people one free change, if they wished, as long as what they wish isn't taken already.

@Gothix said in Reserve a name separately?:

Perhaps a system like a blizzard has. Account name, which would be the name we are active under in forums by default (and could be changed once, if people wished, because they didn't plan on it being forum name, so give everyone one inital possibility to change it if they like, then keep it), and then character names in game would be independent of it.

For example: my account name would be Gothix but I wouldn't need to have character named Gothix in game, I could have demon named Demonicus, and beastman named Beasty, and people could still find me by searching my account name (Gothix).

Of course if people wished to played incognito, privacy option would exist to be turned on, so people who don't wish their characters known can't be found through account name.

Initially, system could set account name to already existing forum user name, and allow people one free change, if they wished, as long as what they wish isn't taken already.

Id like that system , providing its #01 onward

it always annoys me in blizzard that im Xzoviac#2357 , when im 100% the only Xzoviac, i should be Xzoviac#01 or #0001

If you look at character names in general, I would think that most people give a rats ass about the name they use. For that small group that truly cares about the name, name reservation is a thing.

And it's like Xzovia says, it is really annoying to have a random number behind your name, or if you are forced to take a surname so more people can use the same Christian name. It's like Madonna, Cher or Prince forcing to use a surname!

From a roleplay perspective, a name can be important after a while, but we start all-new with a new story where your character will be known from day 1 with that name unless you believe in reincarnation where memories from previous games transfer to this game and you expect to meet people with that same disorder......😇

Madonna has a last name, she just chooses not to show it. 😉

But an account name would definitely help a lot I think, then having independent character names in game (incognito or public).

• @Gothix said in Reserve a name separately?:

This could work, I know Path of Exiles has that sort of thing i think, I added a friends account name and now when he is online it shows up the persons account name and current chars name hes playing so i can fire him over a private message in game and send him party invites etc via the social tab, and yes if you wanted to be incognito then that should be made available.

I have always used the same char name for my main and i have even bumped into people after years of not having contact with them as they reconised my name of choice going back 16+ years. I usually always play the same sort of play style. Healer of some sort on most games that have healer so the naming is a big thing for me.
    I know a lot of people the name isnt really a big thing but there are people who i think the naming is very important for.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

just purchased legendary where do i go to claim the name i want please any help would be amazing

I could care less what my name is in the game. I can usually find something that works for me. In SWTOR they kept shutting down servers and merging. If you got merged and your name was taken on the new server you had to change it on your next login. Nothing like being put on the spot having to think of a name before you could do something with your existing character. So I kept a list of names next to the computer I liked lol. I think I had to do that 3 or 4 times before I quit. I told my buddy my characters were starting to develop some personal identity crisis because they had new names so often.

I always end up using few alts anyway, so I need several names regardless. I always try to find the name that fits character that I'm playing. Some crude examples would be Storm for elemental shaman or Blade for rogue (just to show an examples), so reserving 1 name still wouldn't help me. 🙂

I'm just gonna see what's available on start and use that.

I'm from the Farland clan so saving character names isn't a problem since we are usually the only ones with Farland as a last name lol.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured