Guilds & Governor pledge packs

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Good afternoon, folks!

I’ve been on the prowl for a sandbox MMO optimized for guilds, politics, territory control, and government. Fractured seems to have all the right stuff and then some.

But I recently became aware of a current guild that has more than 10 Governor pledge pack members and it got me curious...

How will other current or future guilds be able to compete? Won’t that guild I mentioned and others like it have such a head start that they’ll be able to sweep aside any competitors?

I don’t expect all guilds to be equal and I fully support the opportunity of guilds to become empires based on their successes, but I hope we avoid a situation like Albion Online where one or two preformed guilds basically rule the world the second the server goes live.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

This is based on my current knowledge of the game, so please correct me, or adjust more info if you can.

As far as I am aware, there are only 15 (corrected by @Roccandil 46 of max 47 silly me !) Governor Pledge packs in total. For 3 planets If we start with only 1 global Server. (If we start with an EU and NA server that would immediately double the possible town plots)

Even that would leave enough room for more towns to be established by Governors, not having a Governor pledge pack. You don't need a Governor pack to become a Governor of a town.

When the player base will grow, more servers will become available and so fort and so fort.

10 Governors in 1 Guild would be a waste IMHO, as you would also have to maintain 10 Towns then to have all the benefits. That would need a lot of players in your Guild.

I believe 46 of 47 limited pledge packages that include the starting governor perk have been sold.

My understanding is that each planet will have three continents, for a total of nine continents, and each continent will have many town locations. I don't have an actual count, but even if all the starting governors were in the same guild, and selected town spots on one continent, I'm not sure they would take all the available spots on that continent.

And that would leave seven or eight continents untouched.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Yitra said in Guilds & Governor pledge packs:

This is based on my current knowledge of the game, so please correct me, or adjust more info if you can.

As far as I am aware, there are only 15 Governor Pledge packs in total. For 3 planets If we start with only 1 global Server. (If we start with an EU and NA server that would immediately double the possible town plots)

Even that would leave enough room for more towns to be established by Governors, not having a Governor pledge pack. You don't need a Governor pack to become a Governor of a town.

When the player base will grow, more servers will become available and so fort and so fort.

10 Governors in 1 Guild would be a waste IMHO, as you would also have to maintain 10 Towns then to have all the benefits. That would need a lot of players in your Guild.

Thanks for the response!

I know that you don’t have to have a Governor pledge kit to become a Governor in game. But what’s to keep a guild with multiple pledge governors already in it to sweep the server when the game launches?

Albion Online is different in its mechanics, so it’s not a perfect comparison, but that’s what basically happened in July 2017 when the game went live. Two or three major preformed guilds with a number of high level backers essentially steamrolled all their competitors and conquered all the player owned territory in a matter of days.

Based on my reading, it seems as though a large number of cooperative pledge governors in a preformed guild may have a near insurmountable advantage. What’s to stop them from claiming areas eligible for a town settlement and bringing them into the guild or to just outright conquer up and coming settlements and absorb them?

I’m not entirely sure how the system works, hence my curiosity. 🙂

@Roccandil You are so right about the number of packs Corrected my post.

Note to self Think a bit longer before you write!

@Alexian

As I understand it, governor-perk-claimed towns will actually start as hamlets, requiring citizens and work to upgrade to a more permanent town status. That will occupy my attention for a while, for sure!

All the same, based on the single continent we're playing on in Alpha, the amount of territory in Fractured is far larger than that in Albion. Controlling territory in Albion is a largely a matter of skilled GvG teams you can muster (and zergs), but distance doesn't really matter.

In Fractured, I get the impression distance will matter. 🙂

Oh, and while governors control town plots, they do not control individual house plots. Yeah, a guild town could still make life miserable for nearby claim owners on PvP worlds, but Arboreus should be largely immune.

@Alexian Any chance you know which Guild you were referring too?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Roccandil said in Guilds & Governor pledge packs:

@Alexian

As I understand it, governor-perk-claimed towns will actually start as hamlets, requiring citizens and work to upgrade to a more permanent town status. That will occupy my attention for a while, for sure!

All the same, based on the single continent we're playing on in Alpha, the amount of territory in Fractured is far larger than that in Albion. Controlling territory in Albion is a largely a matter of skilled GvG teams you can muster (and zergs), but distance doesn't really matter.

In Fractured, I get the impression distance will matter. 🙂

Oh, and while governors control town plots, they do not control individual house plots. Yeah, a guild town could still make life miserable for nearby claim owners on PvP worlds, but Arboreus should be largely immune.

The upgrade/maintenance demands of settlements and the greater scope of the geography will hopefully provide natural checks and obstacles to growing empires.

I’m just a bit gun shy, having watched a failure or refusal to consider such things on the part of the developers seriously undermine the guild climate in AO.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I do, but I don’t think that’s very relevant. 😜

I’m not anti-big guilds or anti-empires. In fact, I feel very strongly that both should play crucial roles in the social and political fabric of the game.

I just want to make sure that the system is dynamic enough that we can avoid problems that have plagued other sandbox MMOs that include territory control. I don’t want a couple of guilds to rule the world 4 days after the game launches with no hope of ever challenging them.

@Alexian said in Guilds & Governor pledge packs:

I’m not anti-big guilds or anti-empires. In fact, I feel very strongly that both should play crucial roles in the social and political fabric of the game.

I just want to make sure that the system is dynamic enough that we can avoid problems that have plagued other sandbox MMOs that include territory control. I don’t want a couple of guilds to rule the world 4 days after the game launches with no hope of ever challenging them.

Neither do I! I really hope logistics presents a significant challenge in this game.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Roccandil said in Guilds & Governor pledge packs:

@Alexian said in Guilds & Governor pledge packs:

Neither do I! I really hope logistics presents a significant challenge in this game.

Same here. Hopefully the developers think similarly. 😉

lol

I wonder what guild he is referring to?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@VyrVandalous said in Guilds & Governor pledge packs:

lol

I wonder what guild he is referring to?

Sheer cosmic coincidence, I assure you. 😅

Many things could change in the next 2 years, both in game and real life.

I don't think it will have a huge impact personally.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Jimbolini said in Guilds & Governor pledge packs:

Many things could change in the next 2 years, both in game and real life.

I don't think it will have a huge impact personally.

Could you elaborate?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I think one aspect we still need to know is whether we will be able to make individual claims on each character or planet. The current alpha allows one at a time regardless of numbers of characters. It may be possible for someone to fill up their own town if they can make a claim on each character. Personally, I don't want to see claim per character happening. I would like if it's possible to make claims on multiple planets however. It would be really rough to play a beastman if your only claim account-wide is on Tartaros for example. (Perhaps this issue can or will be circumvented through guild storage and buildings? Max 1 individual claim per account would not necessarily be max 1 guild?)

I believe there will be checks in place to prevent gaming the system like that, meaning that real people will be needed to upkeep and maintain towns, purchased or created. Spreading a small population across many towns could weaken a guild instead of strengthening it. The guild could focus it's membership to a handful of towns, but that would leave the rest weakened against any opposition.

So my answer to you after much rambling @Alexian is that the requirements to make a multi-town guild work are very high even for preformed guilds. This game seems to give the best benefits to a guildtown governor who is also the guild leader. A compact single town build is a very strong start, with the possibility of branching out later. This along with the scale of fractured means that multi-town guilds can also be strong with a good community, but are not likely to sweep an entire server under their wing.

@Plume

As I understand it, you can have one claim per planet per account.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Plume said in Guilds & Governor pledge packs:

I think one aspect we still need to know is whether we will be able to make individual claims on each character or planet. The current alpha allows one at a time regardless of numbers of characters. It may be possible for someone to fill up their own town if they can make a claim on each character. Personally, I don't want to see claim per character happening. I would like if it's possible to make claims on multiple planets however. It would be really rough to play a beastman if your only claim account-wide is on Tartaros for example. (Perhaps this issue can or will be circumvented through guild storage and buildings? Max 1 individual claim per account would not necessarily be max 1 guild?)

I believe there will be checks in place to prevent gaming the system like that, meaning that real people will be needed to upkeep and maintain towns, purchased or created. Spreading a small population across many towns could weaken a guild instead of strengthening it. The guild could focus it's membership to a handful of towns, but that would leave the rest weakened against any opposition.

Fully agreed!

Honestly, if I had it my way, I wish alts weren't even an option. But I can live with them as long as things like the above scenarios can't occur.

So my answer to you after much rambling @Alexian is that the requirements to make a multi-town guild work are very high even for preformed guilds. This game seems to give the best benefits to a guildtown governor who is also the guild leader. A compact single town build is a very strong start, with the possibility of branching out later. This along with the scale of fractured means that multi-town guilds can also be strong with a good community, but are not likely to sweep an entire server under their wing.

That's my sincere hope.

@Alexian

only reason alts exist is because there are 3 main races, 8 sub-races, angel/demon/litch versions of each sub-race.

While i plan to main a demon race, i do plan to have a beast and human just to see the differences of play style and planets.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured