ALPHA 1 - Test 2--- Cannot enter the game

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

i had that problem on a first test and now it on the second test, what the hell guys? sometimes it won't let me in on 40% of loading and then next time i try it says my character is online but was never online. i was able to log in only once and the game has sort of stuck and my character disappeared for the screen. then it never let me in. i start to get tired

https://i.imgur.com/9NacxUs.jpg

alt text

• TF#3 - ENVOY

My brother (Location: Hawaii, USA) and I (Location: California, USA) are also having this problem as well from our individual accounts.
    I was able to play Alpha 1 Test 1 just fine, this is the first time he's trying from his computer.

Will try again tomorrow periodically throughout the day.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

my location QLD Australia

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Manaia said in ALPHA 1 - Test 2--- Cannot enter the game:

My brother (Location: Hawaii, USA) and I (Location: California, USA) are also having this problem as well from our individual accounts.
    I was able to play Alpha 1 Test 1 just fine, this is the first time he's trying from his computer.

Will try again tomorrow periodically throughout the day.

Update: I was able to play later last night, though this morning my character selection screen is launching properly, though when I start the game it is getting to 40% loaded in and then returns to the character selection screen. Been happening for ~2 hours this morning so far.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

this happens to me constantly

• DymStudios - CEO

Update: I was able to play later last night, though this morning my character selection screen is launching properly, though when I start the game it is getting to 40% loaded in and then returns to the character selection screen. Been happening for ~2 hours this morning so far.

Hi @boogis @Manaia, sorry to hear of your issues, let's try to understand what's going on and fix it.

Does you client get stuck on "contacting server" or does it reach "loading world"? Disregarding which one of the two it is, have you tried using the standalone client we just released (option 2 here) instead of the SpatialOS launcher?

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Prometheus EXCELLENT! I've been having the same issue, but didn't see the new client. Will try this when I get home from work later. Thank you!

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

contacting server

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Prometheus said in ALPHA 1 - Test 2--- Cannot enter the game:

Hi @boogis @Manaia, sorry to hear of your issues, let's try to understand what's going on and fix it.

Does you client get stuck on "contacting server" or does it reach "loading world"? Disregarding which one of the two it is, have you tried using the standalone client we just released (option 2 here) instead of the SpatialOS launcher?

Prometheus,

I'm able to get to the Character Selection screen, when trying to join the game it loads about 40% and then returns to the Character Selection screen. Future attempts to login are prompted with the "Login Failed" image as OP showed. Several minutes later I can try again, loads 40% and then gets back to the Character Selection screen.

I've tried both from the SpatialOS and the App Launcher (Option 2) and am getting stuck at the same spot.

Edit: It happens during "Connecting to Server..." and before "Loading World"
    I wanted to reiterate though that -sometimes- I'm able to get in and play, most the time I run into this issue though. So it's not a 100% issue, more like a 90% issue. So connectivity, eventually, is there.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

This happens to me too. Just wait a minute then try again i always seem to be able to get bk in.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Update: I'm able to more consistently get into the game world now, though one of two things are happening:

1. The character loads but the Left Mouse Button doesn't move. If I assign abilities to the hotbar and try to use them, they aren't used.
    2. The character loads in invisible and can't do anything but exit the game, log out doesn't even work.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Prometheus I installed the stand-alone client just fine and opened the game to the char page. Three tries to load game, at 5+ min intervals, all landed back on character page. Each time the load got to 'load world' but different %ages - 45, 50, 75-80.

Trying to keep all the stuff about this issue in the same thread but I know there are other folks writing threads about this problem. Gonna try a few more times, but wondered whether there's a workaround in another thread I'm just not seeing.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Update: I've been having fairly steady luck at getting into the game, but it's a coinflip whether I can play it or whether it uses 9-13GB of my 16GB of memory and stops responding.

Copyright © 2019 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured