Resources need to be more visible

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

The plants, mines, trees get lost within the rest of the map.

Feedback

Try adding text when hover over resources so we know what we are getting like on ESO or something like Albion Online that visually the resources are recognizable from other objects on game.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

The resources are visible, once you played for a bit you know which resource is what. Exploring and getting to know the land is a feature of Fractured.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Some are definitely easy to miss until you play for a while, then they start to pop out at you more. Some things which look like resources actually aren't as well, which I kind of like as you have to actually look around to find them.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Having a hotkey to highlight nearby resources would be useful.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Ya, I was having fun this time learning more about the gatherables, since there were more recipes for them. 🙂

I can now recognize bitterroot and nightshade, for instance, (and I did figure out how to make unguent, although I didn't figure out how to use the poison paste!).

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Roccandil said in Resources need to be more visible:

and I did figure out how to make unguent, although I didn't figure out how to use the poison paste!).

Grap the poison and move it over weapon you want to coat with it. I coated my dagger and it got (30) medium poison charges.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I prefer the challenge of trying to find the gatherables. And although I'm a bit older with poor eyesight, I really didn't have a hard time seeing them, especially since you can hover your mouse over it and it changes to a hand icon.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Warlunhardt said in Resources need to be more visible:

The plants, mines, trees get lost within the rest of the map.

Feedback

Try adding text when hover over resources so we know what we are getting like on ESO or something like Albion Online that visually the resources are recognizable from other objects on game.

Text would be nice and maybe some slight highlighting as well. There will be quite a lot different kind of resources in game and some looking quite same. I do not think people should try to remember all of them. Moreover, there will be situations where some resources are close to each other and/or behind obstacles because of the isometric camera angle, so making resources more visible makes gathering process simply smoothier.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@TheKooz I like the idea of hitting a key to highlight resources or any item of interest you can interact with. Most solo player rpgs in the D&D genre have that option. In Pathfinder Kingmaker I run around with that key mashed the whole time lol.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Tuoni

Thanks! 🙂 I was trying to make poison arrows.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I think the visibility is good enough.
    You get an Hand, when you move over with mouse.
    You will get fast the experience which stuff is to collect and which not, it is a bit like your own personell Knowledge you gain about the gameplay.

In my opinion, every more visible hint like plates or outlines will destroy the immersion of the game.
    It is all about knowledge ☝ 😉

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I do like the current system. I remember logging in the first time and spending a day and a half going where do I get fibers and then finding the spiky plants have them. I felt so accomplished by figuring it out and being able to share that knowledge.

Even this time, I didn't get to play in the last Alpha so I'm running around going oh look potatoes, pumpkins, onions, etc and @kellewic is laughing at me but I was having fun discovering it all for the first time.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

There's something to be said about immersion but this is a game. If it's not intuitive enough for new players it will lose them quick. Providing an option to highlight nearby resource nodes would help new people figure out where resources are located and what to look for. It doesn't have to be something that is always on or off, a simple press of alt or whatever key you would bind it to could highlight nodes in a set distance (maybe a quarter of the screen) away from you. Eventually the players using this feature would learn what to look for and stop pressing it since it's an extra key press.

That's just my two cents.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

If people want full immersion then go play a virtual reality game lol. I want the game to have tools that help me save time for the small things and reserve that for having fun.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

This only gave me a hard time like the first hour of playing. After that, I learned to see the differences between the plants.

You do not need lots of resources to make stuff or level your crafting, the challenge is to get the right materials. Running around hitting a button or floating text above everything, would totally spoil that.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Farlander said in Resources need to be more visible:

If people want full immersion then go play a virtual reality game lol. I want the game to have tools that help me save time for the small things and reserve that for having fun.

Pretty much this. Current way how this works is okay when we are in alpha phase, but there needs to be some improvements for final version of the game. I do not think that no-ones immersion will break if the environment would be more informative and polished.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Farlander
    why so rude, just because we want immersion, even at the simplest Pixelworld. That has nothing to do with just having at at VR games, even the simplest pixelworld (per example Dwell) can have a good immersion. 😛

@Tuoni
    For the problem, new player could be overwhelmed, there could be a small tutorial for the first steps. Before you get thrown into the harsh world. In that could be a part about finding the right plants. 😉

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I'm not sure I like the idea of an ARPG-style highlight of interactable items. I do agree with the OP in the sense that I wish I could turn off tree interactions, both for combat and for gathering beneath trees.

I really like needing to recognize plants, to be honest. 🙂 It's fun finding one I haven't seen before! "Ooh, what's that..."

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

It wasn't intended to be rude. People are so sensitive any more geesh. Elder Scrolls had an alchemy system where you had to harvest plants. Those plants were highlighted to find them but you still needed to know what kind of plant you needed for which potion. Before long I started to just recognize them.

I have a question. Once harvested does the plant disappear from the screen? I would assume so. If not them I would want it highlighted if it is ready for harvest because I don't want to go up to every plant only to find out it has nothing to take.

Maybe the devs can incorporate an option to turn off highlighting resources according to your preferences.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Kralith It was actually @TheKooz who mentioned new players.. but anyway, tutorial is good place to introduce the basic stuff, but not going too deep with it. Most likely we just saw portion of gatherable resources and there will be much more in future for sure. It is just not wise to leave all those resource nodes in poor alpha state and players to remember. Making those nodes more informative and easier to click is only a quality of life feature.

Copyright © 2019 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured