Pledge Packs Are Going... With A Sale!

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Prometheus Awesome!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Jetah said in Pledge Packs Are Going... With A Sale!:

@Tuoni
    DS already has the early funds. that's how they were able to get started.

No-one has said anything else. You miss the whole point it seams. 🤦

I haven't seen a game startup that hasn't offered a sale.

Again ^^... Now you are forgetting few variates related for these discounts. Value of the early backers vs. current ones and the development phase of the game. Those who funds a game early on should always get more stuff when compared to amount you invest. If companies will break this logic and pattern, it might lead soon to situation where people do not fund crowdfunding campaigns like Kickstarter anymore, because why should they, if they get same benefits later with discount prices.

@Tuoni said in Pledge Packs Are Going... With A Sale!:

@Tuoni
    DS already has the early funds. that's how they were able to get started.

No-one has said anything else. You miss the whole point it seams. 🤦

I haven't seen a game startup that hasn't offered a sale.

Again ^^... Now you are forgetting few variates related for these discounts. Value of the early backers vs. current ones and the development phase of the game. Those who funds a game early on should always get more stuff when compared to amount you invest. If companies will break this logic and pattern, it might lead soon to situation where people do not fund crowdfunding campaigns like Kickstarter anymore, because why should they, if they get same benefits later with discount prices.

Those who funds a game early on should always get more stuff when compared to amount you invest

but that isn't always the way it'll be. those that picked up the early bird spent less than those that didnt for the same package. are you saying the early bird packs should have contained less because they were cheaper?

Kickstarter even says to be careful with backing. i have a cooler that hasn't shipped and at this point i dont expect to get it, despite over 30k others who backed that did get theirs and the company is selling them at stores but i'm still waiting for mine. And I just checked the comments of the project and someone mentioned that the company will just send the funds out from the class action lawsuit which will get me $20 instead of the 200 cooler.

Now if DS took the cash and ran then I'd on your side. but it's a discount and a small one at that. people have been doing sales and discounts for a long time and nothing, i know of, is exempt from it.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Jetah

I really said I was done, and I’m sorry for that. I think I am after this 😉

However, I did need to point out that ships in SC never go on discounted sales.

Every single sale you talk about are on the digital game itself, not Kickstarter assets. Acting like they are the same is just silly hehe

@Pluto said in Pledge Packs Are Going... With A Sale!:

@Jetah

I really said I was done, and I’m sorry for that. I think I am after this 😉

However, I did need to point out that ships in SC never go on discounted sales.

Every single sale you talk about are on the digital game itself, not Kickstarter assets. Acting like they are the same is just silly hehe

from a reddit comment:

Each anniversary sale adds +1 year to ship insurance so that later backers get a better deal over early backers: this year should be 5 Years insurance. (SMH).

that's pretty significant and i'm sure you'd complain about that too.

another comment:

Warbond is a way ships can be sold a bit cheaper but can only be purchased with real money.

So they do offer them cheaper!

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Jetah

Warbond is never sold on old ships. Star citizen has a wonky business model, but they never completely shaft their Kickstarter backers.

Putting new items in the mix is completely okay with me, which is what that insurance seems to be doing. Think of it like Dynamight adding contractor months to the packs... again, would have been fine with that. The other cool thing about star citizen is that old backers can melt their packs, and get the same exact benefits as the newbros, so all of your arguments are moot really.

Literally everything you just said was either wrong, or misconstrued in order to back your position. Interesting.

Edit:
    Don’t get me wrong CIG has conducted predatory tactics, but they’ve never completely shafted the kickstarter packages which is the crux of the matter here.

Ethics and business consequences aside, I notice only three limited pledge packs remain, and that seems like a good thing. 🙂

Yep! And if we reach that 200k, we might get those real life capes that everyone on the Forum is talking about and hyped about. Even a virtual one would suffice. I also know, as a (false) fact, that the devs are probably (not) working on it. Rejoice!

• (This comes directly from a false story I'm spreading.)

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Aurellas Spread the words my monkeys!

makes a wizzard of oz witch giggle

@Jetah

are you saying the early bird packs should have contained less because they were cheaper?

Okaaay... it seams you do not understand my point at all, so it is better to call this off.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Pluto said in Pledge Packs Are Going... With A Sale!:

[...] Star citizen has a wonky business model, but they never completely shaft their Kickstarter backers.

Oh my god nobody "shafted" the Kickstarter backers, stop making shit up

Наконец-то появилось время перевести новость)

@Tuoni

I guess my point is you're unhappy to support the project at the tier you did. I'm happy where I am and will upgrade because of this sale.

I do think it's pretty petty that you're worried about a little discount vs DS getting more cash for support.

but you're right. I'm stopping this one.

Warbond is a way ships can be sold a bit cheaper but can only be purchased with real money.

So they do offer them cheaper!

No, think of it more like people buying with old money need to pay more than they should.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@FibS

Seems like you’re fibbing, since their actions are the very definition of shafting their Kickstarter backers 🙂

@Tuoni

I guess my point is you're unhappy to support the project at the tier you did. I'm happy where I am and will upgrade because of this sale.

Wrong again.. 🤦

I do think it's pretty petty that you're worried about a little discount vs DS getting more cash for support.

Wrong AGAIN.. 🤦 🤦

I am actually not sure anymore, that do you not understand my posts and my point or don't you even want to understand.. 🤔

I'm not going to argue with anyone, but what I will say is:

I backed right at the beginning as a Knight. A month or so before the sale I upgraded to Immortal, so I missed the sale. I could be miffed, but I'm not, because:

1. I've been here since December 2017. That has assured my place in the the Top 100 of the Foundation, so (and I guess it doesn't matter now) I was part of the Pre-Alpha. It had bugs, yes, but that was the point. To squish them. What they offered me during that test was enough to show me that the Foundation of the game itself warranted enough trust from me to get me to upgrade to Immortal.

2. Everyone now has access to the Alpha tests as long as you have the appropriate pack. If you buy now, at the discounted price, you lose access to the previous test, as you missed it. Sure, it wasn't much, but it's a proof of concept. And it was never sold as anything else.

3. I'm getting lifetime free VIP, whatever that may entail, but that's beside the point. I am guessing that that value will be measurable in the future.

4. Due to my early entry into the Foundation, I've seen a shit ton of communication from the Devs, and especially from Specter. His replies have always been grounded in reality, and backed up with previously announced facts. What I'm getting at is that all promises so far have been kept, which is why I supported. Never have they said they WON'T have a sale, but they have always said that the time it would be offered is finite. The Kickstarter campaign is a year old I think, and we are STILL getting the cheaper prices, so I could budget for almost a year.

5. To be completely honest and truthful: I had expected there to be a sale at the end of the pack lifetimes. Due to a little FOMO, I bought the Immortal upgrade because I was afraid the packs would be sold out before the end.

6. Anything future packs akin to mine gets, I automatically get as well.

I won't devalue anyone's opinion. Everyone's value and mileage will differ. I don't know what the difference in pricing is due to the sale, but the crap ton of free cosmetics I get with the Foundation, the amount of (perceived) value I get from the Dynamight Gold in my packs, as well as the VIP and Carpenter Contracts, cosmetics and so forth, makes me feel valued by the Devs. For me, I'm just happy more folks are buying in.

Now, if the Prometheus really wants to add unlimited value to the packs, I wouldn't say no to a cape. Purple or Red or Black with Gold Trimming will work. Even Silver Trimming is okay. I know the devs are working on it secretly. It's coming. I know it. Hopefully I've kissed enough arse to make it happen.

All jokes aside: Normally something like this would have left a sour taste in my mouth, but in this case, because of the insane value we already have received just for being part of the community, and because we get all the previous packs' content as well, I just can't be. My experience with Dynamight and with the community has just been TOO positive.

• @Aurellas Nicely said, adding a little bit of fun factor in a joke to quite the heavy topic (considering how some feel about the sale) is also a nice touch.
    Hope to see you in game 😉

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Aurellas nicely said. Same overall position as me, much earlier in the thread.

Indeed nicely said.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured