Market

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I was curious about what the market system of this game will be like. Thank you for any information.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

its gonna be mostly cosmetic/all cosmetic , mounts skins , possibly some character slots purchases (think that was confirmed)

not everything is known about the shop but they are avoiding p2w/pay 2 progress, as far as we know

• Community Manager

@Xeoposer Do you mean the ingame cash shop or trading/selling between players?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I was referring to trade between players but the information on the cash shop was helpful! Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

• Community Manager

@Xeoposer Players can create their own shops/vendor NPCs in cities and sell their goods through those. No such thing as auction houses or anything like that.

@Specter
    at least in game. someone will build a marketplace website and most people will use that instead.

@Jetah said in Market:

@Specter
    at least in game. someone will build a marketplace website and most people will use that instead.

Sure, but this will only help as much as yelling WTS / WTB in chat would... People will still need to meet up with the merchant to make the exchange and risk travelling and all. So using web to post sales isn't a problem at all.

@Gothix

but it can be. you can meet up at any place when someone PMs you wanting something. you can meet up at your bank.

i'm just saying that putting it in game the hard way isn't good. people will beg for a market.

I should be able to buy from the market and walk out with it. it doesn't have to be an auction. or I should have a way to browse multiple items via a search UI then go and pick it up. DAoC did this and it was great!

I prefer ingame tools for being a merchant. However, during my UO days I used UO Auctions which was a 3rd party website alot of people used. It was well ran and there was a rep system built into it to avoid bad sellers/buyers. I would much rather have ingame stuff. I'd rather have one market area than have several player run markets. SWTOR has a nice system. It is quick and easy for both seller and buyer. I'd also like some kind of auction system because high end items you want to get the most out of. Auctions is the best way to do that.

@Farlander said in Market:

I prefer ingame tools for being a merchant. However, during my UO days I used UO Auctions which was a 3rd party website alot of people used. It was well ran and there was a rep system built into it to avoid bad sellers/buyers. I would much rather have ingame stuff. I'd rather have one market area than have several player run markets. SWTOR has a nice system. It is quick and easy for both seller and buyer. I'd also like some kind of auction system because high end items you want to get the most out of. Auctions is the best way to do that.

I'd much prefer to have in game tools too. I shouldn't need google docs and spreadsheet to play a game. I shouldn't need need 3rd market website when it should be built in.

I'd even suggest to @Prometheus @Specter (can't remember the CM name, sorry) that a Market could be setup at a certain level of township. I'm not asking for a planet wide auction house, just a market that you have to see to interact with. It'd boost the moral of people wanting to defend it and it'd make a great target for those that want to attack! the Point of Conflict would be great.

Eve Online has a market per station in a system (some stations dont have markets). Trade skills aside, you have to visit the station to setup buy/sell orders. Your stall idea is great but people will want buy orders too. A crafter will want to purchase resources while selling crafted goods. Unless I completely misunderstand the system you want.

• According to the Devs and articles, it will be player based market system and I guess it will be real money for a cosmetic but don't quote on that.
    If you ever played Albion online you will know what I am talking about. Albion online has the best market system so far the games I have played. totally player based economy.
    I am hoping Fractured MMO does it better, cause I want this game to succeed in all aspect.

@DevilsDog

DS wants Fractured to have individual stalls for items being sold. so if you need a chest armor, you'd have to look through them all or wade through trade spam to find the 1 place that has it. or you'll see 1 in 15 different stalls and you'll have to remember which one had the best one for your build.

it's going to be a nightmare and 3rd party sites will exist for more efficiency. Instead of depending on 3rd party sites, it should just be in game.

@Prometheus
    ok new idea. there's individual stalls but there's a board we can search through to find the item we want. we still have to find the shop to buy it.

@Jetah said in Market:

ok new idea. there's individual stalls but there's a board we can search through to find the item we want. we still have to find the shop to buy it.

I agree with that. If there won´t be a possibility to check what item is getting sold at what price where, people will use a 3rd party tool to make that possible.

When using a 3rd party tool, registering and unregistering items would need to be done manually, which will lead to people travelling a while only to find that the item they wanted is already sold. Maybe a in game "map" with average prices for items for each town / area is enough to prevent the usage of a third party tool 🤔 and would make the gameplay more realistic I guess. You know that in this town the prices are generally lower so you go and check it out to buy something, but you are not sure if you will get back with something.
    Have no experience with things like that, is just an idea 😛

@DevilsDog said in Market:

Albion online has the best market system so far the games I have played. totally player based economy.
    I am hoping Fractured MMO does it better, cause I want this game to succeed in all aspect.

I agree with you. Albion has great market system which centralizes all goods in one city still keeping it local. There is no auction system and it is not actually needed either. There is also buy/sell order possibilities so players can craft something what other players needs.

I hope devs will reconsider how the market system will be implemented in Fractured. Maybe stalls works nicely in smaller towns, but in large cities those can be nightmare. So marketplace system could be build inside town/city progression for example.

Marketplace is simply a quality of life system when compared to several stalls. This is at least a matter what devs should keep in mind even they would test stalls out first.

@Jetah Black desert online has local marketplaces big auction houses for each town that has different items could do something like that

• TF#10 - CONSUL

In Wurm Online, players can sell their wares through NPCs/market stalls and even with the trading section on the forum and the option to mail items to their buyers instead, the markets are still very active. So I don't think trading websites will be much of a threat to the ingame markets. In the end players still have to travel to a market to buy the item they want. You can use a website to search for the cheapest sword, but if the cheapest sword is being sold in a town 2 hours away from your location, would you really travel there? Or would you rather buy the slightly more expensive sword that's being sold at a market only 10 minutes from your location.

• @Jetah looks like its gonna be very complex but I don't know about interesting. It sounds really time-consuming but sounds like a real life kinda deal shopping for items, i.e. by searching different vendors for what you need. I am going to wait until I play and experience first hand to judge it.
    thanks for the answer. I did not know about this.

• @Tuoni said in Market:

@DevilsDog said in Market:

Albion online has the best market system so far the games I have played. totally player based economy.

I agree with you. Albion has great market system which centralizes all goods in one city still keeping it local. There is no auction system and it is not actually needed either. There is also buy/sell order possibilities so players can craft something what other players needs.

I hope devs will reconsider how the market system will be implemented in Fractured. Maybe stalls works nicely in smaller towns, but in large cities those can be nightmare. So marketplace system could be build inside town/city progression for example.

Marketplace is simply a quality of life system when compared to several stalls. This is at least a matter what devs should keep in mind even they would test stalls out first.

#Devs please pay attention to this suggestion.

I would even prefer a city npc blacksmith shop, weapon shop etc where a player can bring their wares to deposit on the vendor to sell for you. Didn't I read where a city is eventually formed around a node where someone is picked to run it? Maybe have a sales tax set by this player so that each sale removes this tax from the profits and deposits it into a fund that can be used strictly for city improvements. Different cosmetics could be placed around the city using these funds.

I just don't want to have to run around looking for what I need. I'd rather spend an hour doing something useful rather than hunting for a deal on items.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured