Let's borrow some ideas from other games!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Tuoni

Yep, you've got it nailed. Add in the "teaching" stuff that was an additional mechanic, and it created a wonderful social system in the cantinas.

@Esoba made me think there could be a bartender role serving drinks(buffs) and collecting rumours, to send people on quests.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

What I would prefer to have happen right now is for the devs to stick to their core vision for the game without any feature creep. If the core is a fun and engaging sandbox experience, then any additions can come later down the line to enhance the core experience and give players new things to do. If the core sucks, then no amount of extra features would make it suck less.

@Morgion Being able to manufacture and sell capes. We need more capes, both in real life and in game.

Capes for all.

To re-iterate and boil down to the bedrock of the statement above: More Capes.

I'm not totally versed on the merchant mechanics in Fractured but I'd like to see something more like SWTOR where you upload your items to a central vendor location and everyone can access it easily. Running vendors is my passion in mmos and something like UO is rough. Players don't like spending hours searching every vendor to find the items they want.

I'm hoping the system here is every town has a central merchant location that you give your items to to sell for you. Players will know where all the items to buy are found quick and easily.

@Farlander I am really open minded what it comes for market system as long those stays local like it is planned. However, I agree with you that centralized local marketplace would be more QoL feature than several separated stalls.

I was wondering, that could there be different market/shop options? Maybe larger marketplace can be unlocked after town has grown big enough and/or maybe this is also a matter what towns actually choose to build.. 🤔

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Jetah I mean i don't seek only random instances. I just suggested something that was successful in other games that will do prolly well on fractured

@Aurellas said in Let's borrow some ideas from other games!:

@Morgion Being able to manufacture and sell capes. We need more capes, both in real life and in game.

Capes for all.

To re-iterate and boil down to the bedrock of the statement above: More Capes.

Capes are important especially if we have tools to color and attach logos on those. Mainly this is meant for guilds, but why not for inviduals as well.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Tuoni said in Let's borrow some ideas from other games!:

I did not play UO back then so I am not familiar with all the mechanics, but this "bless" was feature which prevented some items to drop?

In Ultima Online, when a character dies, their ghost spawns at the spot and the majority of their currently-held items (which includes gold pieces) drops to the corpse. They have to find a healer NPC or other means to revive with a new body, return to their corpse, and retrieve their items before the corpse decays or they are looted.

However, an item that is marked as Blessed does not drop to the corpse, and will be with the character when they revive. Blessed is a permanent effect once applied.

The spellbooks of mages and paladins are always Blessed, and some rare / artifact weapons are always Blessed too, but otherwise it was extremely rare to find a scroll that would permanently apply Blessed to an item.

When Ultima Online attempted to become a less "hardcore" game, they added an Insurance system where any item could be Insured. This caused the item to be treated as Blessed for the next death, for the cost of gold coins. This effectively rendered the corpse-drop mechanic null and void.

I actually presumed, that Fractured has total full loot if player kills another. Only some portion of loot will be trashed in process and removed from the game. I was also wondering how mobs and animals will actually act against players? Just knocking players down or actually killing and make them drop all loot? Or does only "lethal" (more dangerous ones) mobs kill players?

I believe the developers said that most PvE enemies, such as wild animals, will only KO the player. All PvE enemies of Arboreus had this behavior.

• @FibS said in Let's borrow some ideas from other games!:

currently-held items (which includes gold pieces) drops to the corpse

btw. i like idea of coins as items, not just only number on paperdoll

@FibS Okay thanks for sharing that information. Protecting some items for not drop is interesting. I guess this kind of feature could work in Fractured too, but it might be better highly limited to one or few items at max or the full loot system is starting to lose it point. This kind of possibility could be rare rather than a common thing.

In addition, everything does not need to be so black and white and maybe some kind of protection does not give you 100% chance to save your specific item, but could raise the odds with e.g. 50% and then add luck attribute to make some modifiers up or down.

@Tuoni I like the idea of tabards to signify some unity to a group.

@Farlander a clothier job, crafting dyes and making patterns for guilds, nobles, farmers, peasants, kings, extra could be cool

Perhaps a combination system for currency:

1. gold (without weight) that can't be stolen (because it is not kept as an item in bag) but you can only carry very limited amount of it because this gold amount that can be in your wallet is capped (for example 50 gold cap).

2. for any extra amount of currency you want to own / carry, you need to exchange gold coins into precious gems. Precious gems are carried in bag, have weight, and can be stolen.

This would ensure that when player is robbed, he would still have little currency (gold) left to be able to get into the game. But this amount would be limited, so that players wealth isn't really protected, and player needs to care of it.

• Albion Online would be the game to get some idea in my opinion.

@Farlander said in Let's borrow some ideas from other games!:

@Tuoni I like the idea of tabards to signify some unity to a group.

Thats a must imho. Capes, tabards and shields are really great places to add guild colors and heralds. On top of that there could be flags/banners in guildtowns and maybe even caparisons on mounts.

@Morgion said in Let's borrow some ideas from other games!:

@FibS said in Let's borrow some ideas from other games!:

currently-held items (which includes gold pieces) drops to the corpse

btw. i like idea of coins as items, not just only number on paperdoll

I would actually like not to see ingame currency as an item. I do not see any pros in that kind of system. Mostly it just leads that people wont carry any money with them (in syndesia and especially in Tartaros), which will have negative impacts for trading and that way to whole economy. However, I have no idea what DS has planned.. 🤔

@Tuoni if gold is a real in game item, and banks. Have the possibility of being robbed certain people, specially pirates and highway robbers will bury their gold.

maybe as a player you get a tip off that a bank is going to be robbed, put some of your gold in the bank, enchant your gold with a locator spell.

Track your gold too the highwaymans stash and boom. You are rich, or the saviour of the town, or Robin hood?. Having gold as a real item has lots of story driven content (if fractured gives us that ability)

@DevilsDog said in Let's borrow some ideas from other games!:

Albion Online would be the game to get some idea in my opinion.

True. Here is few features what could be used and adapt to Fractured imo:

• The Black Market
    • Randomized dungeons
    • Resource bosses
    • Hidden treasures

@DevilsDog did you have something specific in your mind?

I like purchasing systems like UO, SWTOR and many more where your money is banked and when you make a purchase anywhere in the game it is withdrawn automatically. I assume currency is going to have some kind of weight system which means when items eventually get to the point they cost so much you won't be able to carry enough to buy some items. I understand players want to full loot gold so until it hits the bank it is open season. That's pretty common for sandbox games.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured