Map.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I propose to complicate the use of the map.
    Not only to force players to record the terrain but also craft items for writing (parchment, ink, feathers ...) the higher the levels of objects - the greater the effect it will take.

I proposed to introduce a system of elite monsters, judging by your sentences, it's all curled up what the NPC said, " at sunset, when the sun goes behind the mountains, he control to select from his lair to attack its prey..." and following this phrase, the player will have to find a cave from which the elite monster will come out at dusk.

This post is deleted!

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@33hp Like the idea, could even have one of the harder spells in one of the schools help in creating maps and so on.

Can´t say I dislike the idea, but can´t say I like it either.
    It's not a bad thing what you say there, but that would be downvoted by a lot of people. Not to mention that the inventory is very limited, if we have to carry those items arround all over the place we would lose even more inventory space.
    If I had to say, maybe you could use those tools to record a more detailed version of the map, while without those, by just walking arround exploring, you would get a simpler version.
    (Ex: Without those tools to record, you would just learn the main roads, main spots and most basic part of the map.. while using those tools you would be able to record also secondary roads, with higher tier ones even some secret/hard to find locations..)
    Well this is just my idea and personal opinion ^^

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

i like handcrafted maps

• TF#10 - CONSUL

And next someone asks "If I'm creating this maps why cannot I copy it and sell to other players?".
    I prefer if just as they say everyone have to discover everything on their own. Maybe all creatures in Fractured have great memory but are the worst cartographers in the universe? 😉

When it comes to maps I hate radar style mini maps but I do like maps that get more accurate the more often you visit an area. I do not like when I can see resources on a map, you should have to investigate walk around and find them. Of course its just my opinion. It mostly comes down to not liking the mini map / radar. I am an old school player that pulled out graph paper an made my own maps, all the way to EverQuest, eventually even EQ got in game maps, but on first implementation you had to navigate and no mini maps.

It is difficult to say what kind of map would be cheating as we have not seen the game yet. I would say that exploration zones need to be blank pages and cities should be set up for easy navigation. Secrets need to exist no matter what, and those need to be omitted from maps altogether.

Best to find a new and exciting way to do it. Maps can be cool and having scribes and explorers even more cool.

@tulukaruk
    I thought about it, but then if you enter the possibility of redrawing the cards, that hardcore will be lost when you create it yourself - because if there is a friend who plays for a long time, he will simply redraw the card and you will be in advantage.
    As for me, I would have given the opportunity not to redraw the map, but to give the opportunity (with the consent of the player) to put a mark on his map, while opening a small area, so too will have involved expensive resources

@muker said in Map.:

I proposed to introduce a system of elite monsters, judging by your sentences, it's all curled up what the NPC said, " at sunset, when the sun goes behind the mountains, he control to select from his lair to attack its prey..." and following this phrase, the player will have to find a cave from which the elite monster will come out at dusk.

Then you can make 2 conditions for this implementation:

1. depending on the level of fee will be charged(written by developers) with a player that wants to buy the card from you
    2. Must be level restrictions. In the sense that if a friend just came to the new card, it will not be able to buy it since I is a mid-range player in this area. Example: Your friend came on a new location, he's level 12, this location is mainly for developing players 12-18 level, respectively, to buy you got the card, it needs to be level 15 at least.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Having people make maps on their own is a unique idea it's just the execution of it that would be hard. What's to stop someone from claiming ownership or a map or spreading false maps?

It's an awesome idea though and I'm all for it, just would need some protections for it to avoid grief.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured