I suggest to continue the Foundation program

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Jetah said in I suggest to continue the Foundation program:

@Pluto @Tuoni
    The Foundation is never complete on a game.

I agree with you Jetah most part, but this one sentence is something I personally see differently. Foundation will be finished at some point and imo it is when product is finished and ready for launch. Then the base is done. That does not mean stop of development or repair actions what are still needed. The game itself won't be finished ever, but the foundation comes to end at some point. Even games like EvE or WoW, which are giants in own category and has long lifecycle already, still those new expansions and fixes are not part of foundation progress anymore. If we think of this from business point of view, foundation is related to founders and funding. These parts steps aside when product is ready and makes profit from sales. Then we have buyers and invests instead.

@Tuoni

I do agree. I see this Foundation as a House:

You first lay the foundation of the house. That would be the game's mechanics. You can't go back later and change the fundamental Foundation of the house without radically changing the nature of the house. That would mean, just like with a house, changing the foundation midway would basically mean demolishing the game and starting a new game.

However, there is a second aspect to the Foundation, just like a house: you can always go back and IMPROVE the Foundation.

So with this game what that means is that when the current community foundation is set, you can always launch campaigns that bolster the current community.

I'd suggest that DS do the following: At the launch of Beta 1, DS conclude the current Foundation. Start up a new one with some (not all) of the current rewards. Perhaps not all the cosmetics, but remove the chests, as we don't know what they will contain anyway. Create some new cosmetics and allow those of us with experience over level 200 to carry that experience over.

Titles and Chests aren't so important, but make at least one or two of the current cosmetics exclusive, but add the rest into the new line. Then, if someone who has already unlocked those rewards in the current Foundation unlocks them, grant them Dynamight Gold.

We don't know what we can purchase with it, and we don't know what the Gold's buying power will be, but this strikes a middle line.

New members can engage without losing too much. Older members have a few exclusives as well as some spare gold on launch.

My apologies for this not being well thought out. I'm currently at work so have a few things going on.

A new program would need a new rank list and new rewards, everyone starting from the bottom again.

It wouldnt make any sense to create a new program that just continues with the same thing, all the current rewards.

• This post is deleted!

@Aurellas
    houses are physical though. there's a complete stage. digital games don't have that. Even WoW and Eve are still being worked on, improved.

You could consider Earth a foundation and it's still changing.

@Jetah

I see your point, but I'd have to disagree. Games do have a complete stage: Release.

Alphas and Betas are building the Foundation. With release you never really change core fundamental mechanics. You tweak and optimize and tinker with them, much like you maintain and repair a house.

If you change the foundational mechanics of your game, you have to re-release it as a new game, because what you initially penned down as your idea is not what you are selling anymore.

I'd say Final Fantasy 14 depicts this point adequately of scrapping their game, rebuilding it and re-releasing.

That said: I do think this is a topic for another section. It almost sounds like we are now talking about the game instead of the Foundation program. There are many views you can take on this, and I certainly see yours and appreciate it.

• Well i don't think it worth to make a point about the semantic of the word foundation now. From what i remember Jacopo said somewere in the past that was planned to close the foundation at the start of Alpha 1. Maybe after this discussion they will try to extend it or to change a bit the plans based on the suggestions. But we are not in tribunal it isn't needed to appeal on mean of the word itself.. <.<

For me is better that the Foundation will end at that point than be neglected like now. Lately it lost his meaning because prealpha is near ending and lv mean nothing more. Unlucky the weekly extractions weren't punctual too in the last months and is like 7\8 weeks that they are totally missing. Thats a point were i think some work can be done..

• Community Manager

@00

and is like 7\8 weeks that they are totally missing.

Double that. 😅

The devs are working on a solution for the big backlog of drawings. I believe they're going to make some changes to the website so I can give the points to the winners.

@Aurellas
    even when released mmo's still continue to change.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured