[Community Talk] What makes you quiet?

• Wiki Editor

I figured that there are some times that makes you quiet.
    Yes, it is a bit related to our a bit quiet forum lately, but i wonder, what is your reason to be quiet?

My is it, if i have to make thoughts and don't be sure, what to do.
    Well, i am not quiet in forum ๐Ÿ˜„ same as i am usually.
    But i often did not send a comment, because to be quiet was the better decision.

For me would be other reasons to be quiet, if i'm losing interest or some unexpected things hit my life.

Now it's up to you. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

In my case:

1. I got sick and couldn't use computer for about a week,
    2. my job is getting a bit hectic at the moment so when I come back, I'm usually tired, and tired + Asperger's = no words.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Kralith Yes, in the last six months the forum has become very quiet and strange, as new people come and new the no. Perhaps this is due to the fact that they understand that they will not be able to get into the top 100 and because of this do not want to try to take a weekly award.
    What about me - I just have almost no ideas that could be offered yet. We talked here about many things, about those that fit into the game and no, we talked about it a lot and now the moment has come when the Olds have nothing to say, and the newcomers are just silent.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

For me, most of the time it's because I try to do my study project, but sometimes it's because, as Muker said, I have nothing to say. I can see new messages, but I have nothing to reply about it, so I prefer to stay silent than trying to say something that could be irrelevant or useless (I gave too many false informations already x) )

@muker makes a lot of good points. I agree, there's just not much else to say until we start seeing some real alpha game play. Further, does anyone know when the heck that's gonna happen? I could've sworn it was supposed to be Dec/Jan, but here we are in Feb with nothing ๐Ÿ˜•

• Wiki Editor

@Zidroc It was announced and explained in the last news.
    I think we still have to wait a bit, since some unexpected things happened inbetween.
    But thats normal, every project plan has to get corrected while the project is running.

Beside this, don't go into a discussion about Fractured, because it is a talk about what you guys makes you quiet. That can be related to here, but it is in Offtopic, so it is related to all. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I have a lot going on at work and personal right now and just haven't had the time as before to get to the posts. I'll be back it just might take me a few weeks (months) to get back on top of everything.

I am quiet by nature. I only say something if I think it adds something to a conversation/discussion.
    In real life, I am not much different either.

Like @muker said, we have talked about everything by now and there is a lot of repeat discussion which is pointless.

I try to not get into arguments with people in the forum and avoid conflict at much as possible as I come to a game to get away from RL where I get enough of that. I have had some unhappy experiences in other games where instead of being fun and helping me forget IRL problems for while, the game as actually burdened me IRL. I try to not repeat this.

im kinda sick + i have a lot to do for my exams ๐Ÿ˜•

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Actually there is no such big infos to talk about here and almost every known aspect of the game as already been discussed in depth.
    I'm sure that when Alpha 1 will start and tons of new footage and news will be released this board will be filled with new and interesting topics.

Since you also want this to be non Fractured related...

I am a quiet and chill guy. Apart from work I only sit at home in front of my PC (and even sit in front of a PC at work ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ) ๐Ÿ˜› Nothing more to say about my real life really, itยดs a quiet life ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿค”

And yeah, as many already said, not really much for us to talk about right now. Another reason for me is that I just recently found a nice game ( Frostpunk ), which hooked me in a bit. Addionally to that the kinda only thing happening in the past days was people replying to other people saying HI, where of course nothing is wrong with that, but it kinda annoyed me a bit ๐Ÿ‘€ So in the past few days I only made my daily post ๐Ÿ˜

If I don't have anything useful to say then I rather say nothing. I've been somewhat busy lately and I don't have the time to come up with anything meaningful so I usually just drop a quick welcome message for the daily points ๐Ÿ˜…

Cookies make me quiet. When I'm eating cookies, I'm mmm omnom, and I do not speak. ๐Ÿ˜‰

In forums, if thread posts become circle and repeat of same things over and over, I usually give up posting there at some moment.

When I will drink Shroffee, I will enjoy the taste and be quiet. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Wiki Editor

@Gothix said in [Community Talk] What makes you quiet?:

Cookies

alt text

When I will drink Shroffee, I will enjoy the taste and be quiet. ๐Ÿ™‚

alt text

@Rofus said in [Community Talk] What makes you quiet?:

If I don't have anything useful to say then I rather say nothing.

This ^ I mentioned this in the Discord a couple months back. Sometimes there just isn't anything to talk about. Lots of speculation and "I wish they add-".

It's a normal occurrence though. There will be more to talk about as testing goes on.

I only think it necessary to talk when I feel that I can add something in the discussion, besides my life is running a lot, many things to do and when I have time to look at the forum I'm completely tired. โœŒ

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Just an assumption, but I'm thinking when Alpha 1 starts this Quarter, the forums will be more active.

1. Im not a native speaker and im lazy about learning game mechanics so i dont like to contribute on this area focus.
    2. New ideas and discussion of mechanics will be harder and harder after the more common topics about mmorpgs are being discussed.
    3. Im waiting to see news and new concepts art\graphic\sound to have something to speack about.
    4. Usually i just write if i have some cool story or ideas that can help developers in having the vision i like about mmorpgs, like the biome thread of Richard Garriot in UO ecc and a few more..

After all i found an old server of Daoc to play and for now i put Fractured a bit more in a second place. So im less active in discord coffee morning and other things because i have other things in mind when i have some free time after or during work. ๐Ÿ‘€
    I start a dnd5e campaign too and is beautiful!

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Things that make me quiet are usually sad stuff that happens to me.

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured