Discuss how to get more people engaged

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Put fractured T-shirt on and walk through the city. šŸ˜„

• DymStudios - CEO

@grizzlypk said in Discuss how to get more people engaged:

Hey all , like the title states, we need more ways to get new players involved. I also think that we need some more gameplay footage to really get more people to look at the game. As of right now, there is hardly any footage. I think the devs should throw some landscape footage of the alpha 1 it there with some mob population and a scale to show how big the world really is.

I could make a video where I walk from one side of Myr to the other... I don't know how many people would be interested in a 1.5 hours run though šŸ˜„

@Prometheus said in Discuss how to get more people engaged:

I could make a video where I walk from one side of Myr to the other... I don't know how many people would be interested in a 1.5 hours run though šŸ˜„

As long as it's not in less than 24 hours so we can't count the nodes for trivia. šŸ˜›

• This post is deleted!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Kralith I completely agree. I have seen some wonderful games go to steam and get stomped on because people can be a little ridiculous with their reviews.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Gothix this would be cool. Some RL swag

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Lightspoon I agree with everything on here except for steam. For some reason steam either kills games early or provides wild success. It's to much of a gamble. A steam release should be about 4-5 months after the official release so we have more knowledge as a community that will make it easier for newer steam members.

• Wiki Editor

@grizzlypk I think thats one of the main reasons Dynamight don't want to go for an Early Access to Steam, and i fully agree with them, since i see it as you said, a Platform like Steam is a big gamble.
    And i am quite sure, the whole Dynamight crew don't like gambling šŸ˜‰

@grizzlypk said in Discuss how to get more people engaged:

For some reason steam either kills games early or provides wild success.

Could you explain further? All the games I've followed got lots of players when released on Steam because so many people use the service, it's like free advertising. How can that kill a game unless it's not a good game?

@Pwnstar said in Discuss how to get more people engaged:

Could you explain further? All the games I've followed got lots of players when released on Steam because so many people use the service, it's like free advertising. How can that kill a game unless it's not a good game?

Well it happened for a few games that they put an unfinished game as a early access game on Steam and also tried to make it clear to the players that... the game is not finished. That it is currently is in a Alpha or Beta state, however a lot of people seem to ignore that and just flame the hell out of games because they are unfinished, have bugs etc.

ThatĀ“s why I think Japoco said that he only might think about putting it on Steam when it is a "finished" game.

I donĀ“t know many examples where that happened, I know only about 2....

• I donĀ“t really want to defend it but Bless Online was such a case šŸ˜‚ They stated before they brought the game to steam that they put it as an early Access Game because they want players to test the new / old systems and give feedback to the devs. And that they because of that will put the game on with missing features. And then everyone just flamed the game to the ground šŸ‘€

• I think it happened a bit for Lords of Mayhem, where the game is in an Early Acces state (game state somewhere around Alpha) and everyone has access to it. Then they postet on their Homepage that they want to do a "Technical Alpha" (or maybe it was beta) and explained exactly what content will be featured there, and then apperently got flamed because there was less content the before.

So... Steam players donĀ“t care, they want a good game. It does not matter if it is an early access game, if the devs explain what the content is featured and what is missing... they are gonna flame the hell out of the game if they donĀ“t like it. šŸ‘€

@Eurav I think we have the answer. None of the games you listed were good.

• This post is deleted!

• TF#3 - ENVOY

i'm so waiting for alpha 1 to start, gimme dat streaming!

@Kuroi ayyyy me too! xD so exciting when it does.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I donā€™t think now is the best time for a huge push. There are a few crowdfunded/small studio games that I am following... and Iā€™ll just note one important aspect of one of them.

In Dual Universe there are packs that give access to DU in various stages (much like Fractured). Unfortunately, their pre-alpha basically became the alpha and weā€™ve been in this ā€œpre-alpha but those who have access to alpha have access to pre-alphaā€ state for about half a year. We just recently hit the true alpha.

Now the problem arises when people assume they will be getting access to betas and whatnot relatively soon. Itā€™s no fault of the developers, but as time moves on those people lose interest. Sure, a consolidated outreach could raise some revenue... but it could also be detrimental long term. The general section of their forums is relatively dead, unfortunately. I guess, the point being that we donā€™t know how long the alpha (or any phase) will last.

The best time for a true push should be when there is a strong backbone ā€œtier 0ā€ (as star citizen devs call it) of all the game loops.

As for getting people involved currently, I think itā€™s best to recruit friends and acquaintances that you know have patience and would be interested in actually following the development.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

User generarated contet is the best way to promote a game right now.
    We have to wait the alpha phase cause of the nda in pre alpha.

Copyright Ā© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured