Slaves

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

What does everyone think about slaves? Obviously players can't enslave each other; but what about NPC's? After a siege, in which the conqueror is the victor, the leader of the conquering army would be given a choice, slay all who reside within or enslave the population. Of course there would be a cost for feeding the enslaved population, but there would also be a benefit of an NPC population that could help with the job of collecting resources.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@crowdac I read somewhere that there will be no system of slavery

prometheus said in A Delicate Question: Slavery:

That's a very interesting question you have here, @Fyrsey. NPC "slavery" is not a planned feature as of today.

NPCs will play a big role in Fractured - guilds will be able to attract them to their villages / towns, where they can settle and start their own businesses. They'll have proper names, be more or less skilled in different activities and - to an extent - have different personalities.

Reducing all of this to "slavery" (ร  la Conan Exiles) would downplay the whole system a lot ๐Ÿ˜‰

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@muker said in Slaves:

[NPC will have] - to an extent - have different personalities.

Hm... I wonder if they are planning something more than them having different barks and/or dialog trees.

why can't we have player slaves, although limited duration.

but we've discussed it before.

slaves could be useful for the solo player too.

I'm watching, and read the manga, The Rising of the Shield Hero. Where the Shield Hero can't equip a weapon! but he can have slaves which help the enslaved gain more stats and helps himself gain more. The whole idea of the hero weapons was pretty interesting. But I don't like the 'gear grows with you' thing unless it can be done right.

• This post is deleted!

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@dragomok That's a good insight, but still can't think of anything that wouldn't allow slavery. It seems to me that slavery would add depth to the game, perhaps even enrich the lore and the personalities that are associated with the lore. Any ideas?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@jetah I looked up, The Rising of the Shield Hero, the concept is interesting. I see what your trying to get at. A player slave system that benefits both the slaver and the slave. Though I would find player slaves interesting to say the least. I could see griefers taking huge advantage of a feature that allowed this. Do you have an idea to prevent griefing? Or maybe you don't find it relevant?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@meiki you seem to have expounded on @Jetah's idea, a slave system that benefits both parties. It kinda has a Darkest Dungeon vibe, which I like. This system may work, but I don't know how hard it would be for the dev's to implement. It also might cause the game to revolve around acquiring soulmates, companions and slaves.

• This post is deleted!

• TF#3 - ENVOY

If it can avoid player griefing then it could be a neat concept.

@crowdac
    i was thinking more npc slave but player slave could happen too. there would have to be commands that force the player to action (maybe a little AI involved so said action happens).

if it were player slave then it'd have to be time limited. IE a player can only be a slave for a max of 1 hour (play time, not linear length of time). A new contract would have to be made.

another option is when the player logs off, AI takes over but the total duration can be longer than 1 hour.

• I don't know enough about how NPCs will work to have a strong opinion one way or another, but I'm not against the idea of enslaved NPCs. It seems like it would be especially appropriate on Tartaros.

If an NPC slave system is being considered, I want to put forth Life is Feudal's slave system for having player slaves. In Life is Feudal, when an enemy player is knocked out, an "enslave" ability can be used on them. This ability kills the player and creates an NPC slave with the player's stats and appearance. The enslaved player respawns and can play as usual but their title is forced to "Slave" for a few days, and the enslave ability doesn't work on them while they have this title. The NPC slave lives for 10 days before expiring.

I thought it was a pretty interesting system even if the game itself wasn't so great.

Why the need for slavery?
    I would rather see an employment system where you hire NPC or players to work for you.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

As some people mentioned before I don't understand why it must be "slaves" even on Tartaros. I'm pretty sure there will be protests from the majority of the sane players and I bet the game doesn't want to get into any trouble (especially with the law cause you know you can pretty much sue for anything) so a similar system like "hiring" a mercenary is probably more on point. There is practically no difference and we can avoid using the term "slaves". I mean how would it feel if I called you ****ing trash that you are cause you're just some ****ty slave that got away because you got lucky some dumb ****s decided to speak up and abolish slavery? See my point there (you inferior piece of garbage that's meant to be my slave in a better world)? ๐Ÿ˜‰ We don't want that now do we.

• This post is deleted!

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@chrightt The Dev's can just create in-game safe spaces for players who find the word "slavery" offense or aggressive. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@meiki said in Slaves:

The point being - this is a sandbox MMORPG, the more options you have to play in the sand the better for the game overall.

This is exactly my thinking as well. Also I like your idea, but I would still use the term slave. If the player base didn't want slavery, they could ban it themselves.

Interesting.

@chrightt

i doubt demons will hire someone when they can force slavery on them (or they die or something worse than death).

Humans can have a ritual that summons a demon (could be random or there's a checkbox if you're open to being a 'human slave') then the humans cast a slavery ritual that forces the demon to be their slave. Again the slavery duration is limited because it wouldn't be fun being someone's 24/7 slave.

The slavery system could be a means to bypass the very limited duration on a different planet and your knowledge unlocks would still work.

i like the hiring mercenary system too so i'd like to see both!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Tbh i don't think a slavery system can work. As someone said it before, players can simply just change char.

Slaving pnj can work but i whould rather put a pnj hiring/workers that allows you with some item or monney as a fee launch them for activites and give you the loot they got. An example whould be the workers in albion online, i felt it was a very cool feat.

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured