Good Guild Vs Good Guild PvP?

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@jetah I thought demons liked blaspheme? XD

But what do you think of the terms Order vs Chaos, instead of good vs bad?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Am I the only one thinking why 2 good guilds would go to PvP against each other?

• @evolgrinz

Every action has the potential to adversely affect someone else. With player collision, even just standing still can hurt someone. I can gather a group of people and have them stand at the entrance of a dungeon or a cave and physically block everyone from entering or exiting and this wouldn't be considered a hostile action by game's coding. If you're a good aligned guild that owns a mine, and another good aligned guild comes over and uses the mine so much that your guild can't use it anymore and they ignore your protest, what recourse do you have outside of PvP? Just give up and find a new place to mine?

@Target you can switch your alignment near a campfire. So in essence, if you are "positive karma character", you are not prevented from attacking other positive karma characters. It's just the matter of using a camp fire to make a switch and you can attack at will. That's what I meant.

You can have positive karma, and still PvP whoever you want without a limit, on Syndesia and Tartaros, even other positive karma characters.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@evolgrinz That same questions been bugging me for the past couple weeks, matter of fact.

@Gothix My question for you is, what would be the point of the karma system if you could simply toggle it at a rest site? Karma is meant to be a reflection of action, not simply another mechanic to denote pvp availability like some games.
    It wouldn't be like swtor, where alignment matters little except in the way of some gear and appearance options. Even for some of the racial evolutions like demons, karma impacts heavily.

@kniknack said in Good Guild Vs Good Guild PvP?:

Karma is meant to be a reflection of action

Karma is a reflection of your playstyle, not of a few actions. If there is one good aligned player / guild that´s being a dick, you have the possbility to do something against them (which is great!) even with a Karma, which value is in the positive amount of points. While the amount of your Karma points is positive you can always choose a Neutral / Evil alignment.

Of course you will have some penalties for such behaviour like if you knock someone out or kill someone, you will get flagged as "dunno" and murderer, which will allow Good Aligned Players to freely attack you. You will also lose Karma points for doing stuff like that.

So.. if you are hostile enough to other players, so that your Karma points go into the negative, you won´t be able to select a Good Alignment anymore. But that´s a playstyle you choose. That´s not because you killed one or two people sometime, who deserved it for being a dick.

What is the point of the Karma system (obviously including the alignment selection)? To allow players to choose their playstyle, is what I would say 🙂

• @gothix said in Good Guild Vs Good Guild PvP?:

you can switch your alignment near a campfire. So in essence, if you are "positive karma character", you are not prevented from attacking other positive karma characters. It's just the matter of using a camp fire to make a switch and you can attack at will. That's what I meant.

Yeah, I just took issue with your use of "good" since that's a very specific meaning in Fractured. I don't consider high karma characters as necessarily good in the general sense of the word. I think a more accurate description would be "lawful."

@kniknack said in Good Guild Vs Good Guild PvP?:

not simply another mechanic to denote pvp availability like some games.

That's essentially what it is though. The fact that there are extra systems designed around it, doesn't change that.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@target The karma system does include pvp in its umbrella of features, but it is not based for it. As @Eurav made a good point, it becomes a matter of playstyle. Since Karma can become as much as factor as deterrent for players involved with combat as much as thievery, knocking people out or committing political. Just because Karma touches pvp is not essence, just a part of the whole.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Concerning asteroids it could be possible that the area around an 'event' (this suggesting that an asteroid is an event) could be a type of FFA? Able to attack anyone (except fellow guild members) to compensate for the rare resources found there?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I have been thinking on this question for a while now. Also Thanks Jetah for pointing out the karma system hasn’t been bridged to the guild system.. yet.

So I was thinking how could that work. This is just speculation and ideas on my part and is simplistic:
    A guild could have a karma system, it would also have to have an influence on the players karma system as well.

For example, I joined a guild, they did all this good stuff while I was in it.. my karma became more positive.

I also think a persons karma when joining/forming a guild should also influence things. For example an extremely low karma guild disbands because it is to well known and they forma new one.. each person still has a flag for that older guild. That flag will instantly lower the balance of the karma levels of the new guild.

That’s it

@therippyone
    Order is for Humans though.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Trelia : sounds reasonable 🙂 Maybee there will be just a two-flag system. One for the personal char and one for the Guild, so as long as you are in the guild, the karma state of the Guild will affect you. If you parcitipate in Karma positive actions, your personal Karma is also rising, or falling if other way round. In this case it affect the Guild Karma, too. If you are in the Guild but go for SinglePlayer Missions/PvP, it may only affect your personal karma.
    But still, many expectations and interpretations 😄

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured