Guild Types

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I always imagined about something like that since Albion. Would you mind making that there some guild types and these guild types completes an alliance in different aspects.

for example, Trade Guilds(more trade focused players join), Race Guilds(missioner guilds), Imperial Guilds(open all races), Power Guilds(can be recuited by other guilds) and kinda.. If you make a good synergy between them i think it would be fine and rpg based fun... so this is just a thought. What you think?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@memokal I am a representative of the trade Guild, but unfortunately its audience is Russian.
    Guild joint (all 3 races) may not be due to "worldview", read about it here, here and here
    In General, the game probably will be a PVP Guild, PVE Guild, trade, mercenaries, miners, craftsmen, etc.

Seems interesting and would probably only be applicable if you get different bonuses for staying in the different guild types.

But I wonder if this will take away too much freedom for a guild? What if you want to change your type? What if you want to have a mixed guild? Won´t it force you to be part of an alliance (if you get even more bonus for that)?

Guild types will emerge even without having such a system in place.

And I actually wonder, since owning a trade - important town will probably be crucial for any sort of trade / gatherer / craft focused guild.. how will such guilds defend themselves during sieges? So maybe you are already forced to have at least some PvP oriented players.
    But... with a alliance system in play I guess you could allow the pvp - oriented guild to defend your town during sieges 🤔 seems like an interesting idea

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Its just and idea and can be shaped. Actually all of them also can be an invidual guild. I mean lets say trade guilds are wealthy people but they need mass power. They go for power guilds and do alliance with them to defend their town or sth.

Another example, A missionare guild does agressive racist fights between other guilds or attack towns. But they are poor. They get secret finances from a trade guild and kinda..

Another example, an empirial guild that focus on peace and fight against missionares and gets a good deals with one or more trade guilds. So maybe these kind of guilds also try to control towns and territories and do some political movements.

In addition there maybe bandit guilds that attack people randomly. And they be deserted from other towns so they create a bandit town for themselves.. i just dont know many things can be happen so just imagine and say that why not..

While such ideas are great, and imagination is nice...

I am pretty sure the devs are already pretty packed with content to implementent until release, and even some things for afterwards... Maybe they even have something like this already in mind 😮

While we can fantasize, I wonder if big systems actually have any way into the game 😁

@memokal said in Guild Types:

Another example, A missionare guild does agressive racist fights between other guilds or attack towns.

"racist fights between other guilds" ❓ Only demons can raid towns, and I think also only human towns?!? Sieges between guilds are always between two guilds of the same planet. So we would already have different guild types for the different planets (not races).

@memokal said in Guild Types:

In addition there maybe bandit guilds that attack people randomly. And they be deserted from other towns so they create a bandit town for themselves

Yeah, a bandit town instead of a normal town, which good aligned people can´t enter / is hostile against. Sounds fun 😁

Now this depends on PvE and PvP to both be present to work... So on Tartaros, a very PvP focused Planet, there will probably only be one guild type? On Arboreos I think it would be the same 🤔 But for the Human planet, there is a lot we could fantasize about 😁

PS: Sry for my mind shifting topics during my post 😁

i don't like it when a sandbox game decides how guilds and to an extent alliances are to be made. let the players create guilds however they want and let them join alliances however they want.

@Jetah
    I hear you, but at the same time, I wonder if more alliance "packages" for players to choose from would be good. Players wouldn't have to use them, but they could also make things more interesting for those who do.

@roccandil
    then the dev's are deciding for the players. that isn't what a sandbox dev is suppose to do. there shouldn't be any package for alliances. let the people decide that not the developers.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@jetah said in Guild Types:

@roccandil
    then the dev's are deciding for the players. that isn't what a sandbox dev is suppose to do. there shouldn't be any package for alliances. let the people decide that not the developers.

Ah, so you would prefer if the devs would create a set of modifiers/descriptors which you could apply to a guild instead?

I'm kinda lost here, everyone. Do other games actually implement different guild types, that affect mechanically what a guild can and cannot do? Or is it something hypothetical that hasn't seen widespread adoption in the genre yet?

@jetah
    The way I see it, if a "trade alliance" option is available for guilds to enter, it's still just an option: nothing is preventing guilds from working up their own trade alliances without it.

@dragomok
    i imagine we'll see some type of check boxes for guild type but i dont see the need for it.
    i've never seen a game where the devs put a limitation on activities when the guild is labeled.

@Roccandil

nothing is preventing guilds from working up their own trade alliances without it.

then why have the label at all?

I like the idea of ​​players freely choosing their guilds and alliance, but up to a certain point, for example, guilds may request a certain amount of alignment points for the player to enter. ✌

then why have the label at all?

For one thing, for hard-coded enforcement/warnings. Say Guild X wants to make an exclusive trade treaty to only buy resource A from Guild Y.

A hard-coded alliance "package/module" would make it obvious to members of Guild X that buying that resource from a guild other than Guild Y is forbidden. The game could either make it impossible, allow it but increase some kind of "infamy/smuggler" rating, or simply provide an in-game warning/reminder.

Otherwise, the smuggling action wouldn't be reflected/understood in any way by the game at all; it would only exist in the minds of the players. Tracking it in-game, however, allows other potentially interesting mechanics to be developed.

@roccandil
    that's not something the game should enforce. the game should allow any guild/alliance to break at any point.

the whole point of a sandbox game is there are no hardcoded boundaries. now the karma, gods, planets are there as part of the rules but those should be the only ones.

@roccandil
    that's not something the game should enforce. the game should allow any guild/alliance to break at any point.

the whole point of a sandbox game is there are no hardcoded boundaries. now the karma, gods, planets are there as part of the rules but those should be the only ones.

Except that these would be voluntary boundaries. Guilds wouldn't have to use them; they would just be tools available to those who wanted them.

@roccandil
    then why have the developers spend the time to code, do UI and bug test it?

Yah, I think these guilds will form synthetically from how the game is being set up. They won't have "guild types" written in black and white, but players will probably fill gaps as needed in the functioning of the community.

I would personally prefer guild to be unlocked so people can chose to play with their friends regardless of the race, alignment or the place of settlement.

But we shall see what will be. 🙂

@Jetah

Why work on -any- voluntary feature, such as so many different skills? Not everyone is going to use them all.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured