Spotlight concerns about balance/class locking

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Would like to get more info on:

1. Are racial attributes trainable?
    2. Are racial attributes rerollable?
    3. If 1 or 2 were yes, then skip. Otherwise: we do have soft "classes". If i dump all my points into dexterity but then get tired of being an archer, i will not be able to reroll into an optimal mage/melee. We have all these skills available but only some will have a punch and it's permanent. Hope there will be a mechanic to change abilities.
    4. Meleer and mages have no ammo. Mana is not permanently lost ammo. I just hope that there will be no unfairness towards archers by having to craft arrow stacks and permanently lose on use. Would be ok to have all quivers magically "replenish" arrows, basically simulate mana. Or quivers preincluded with a large pool of arrows that you have to replace only every couple of days of heavy usage.
    5. There is already a thread for this but just want to mention here. I hope that no class imbalance arises from mages having Intelligence as their bread and butter when intelligence is already used for learning ability.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@mae I think I can´t answer all of it, but I will try a bit 😛

@mae said in Spotlight concerns about balance/class locking:

Are racial attributes rerollable?

Nothing I know of so far... Attributes are something you set before character creation, and can´t change.

Are racial attributes trainable?

I think you can gain additional attributes through the talent tree, but that should be it.

• Meleer and mages have no ammo. Mana is not permanently lost ammo. I just hope that there will be no unfairness towards archers by having to craft arrow stacks and permanently lose on use. Would be ok to have all quivers magically "replenish" arrows, basically simulate mana. Or quivers preincluded with a large pool of arrows that you have to replace only every couple of days of heavy usage.
    • There is already a thread for this but just want to mention here. I hope that no class imbalance arises from mages having Intelligence as their bread and butter when intelligence is already used for learning ability.

I don´t think anybody here knows exactly how arrows work, but I think we can assume that they will balance it out. Also balance is, what I have read a lot in this forum, something which should be addressed at a later date 😉

Also I don´t think you should go an consider your job as being an archer or mage. Attributes should define your strenghts and weaknesses, yes, but you still need to be versatile.

Also attributes influence a lot more than just which "job" (mage, tank, archer...) you have. I think you should take more things into consideration when setting your attributes.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

As far as I know you can’t train the attributes. However, whenever you enter the resting phase near a fire, you are able to reassign Talent points, so you won’t have a problem with that.

For the arrow issue, I doubt they will include replenishing quivers, seeing that Fractured is based around crafting. However they may do something similar to Skyrim, and make it such that an arrow has no carry weight, meaning that you would be able to carry around thousands.

As you mentioned, there has been discussion about how mages seem to be at a major advantage, and it is up to the dev to balance that out.

• Wiki Editor

Would like to get more info on:

1. Are racial attributes trainable?
    2. Are racial attributes rerollable?
    3. If 1 or 2 were yes, then skip. Otherwise: we do have soft "classes". If i dump all my points into dexterity but then get tired of being an archer, i will not be able to reroll into an optimal mage/melee. We have all these skills available but only some will have a punch and it's permanent. Hope there will be a mechanic to change abilities.

There was mention a while ago (quite a while ago) about getting some stat respecs, but no information on when you get those or how many you get.

1. Meleer and mages have no ammo. Mana is not permanently lost ammo. I just hope that there will be no unfairness towards archers by having to craft arrow stacks and permanently lose on use. Would be ok to have all quivers magically "replenish" arrows, basically simulate mana. Or quivers preincluded with a large pool of arrows that you have to replace only every couple of days of heavy usage.

Melee characters have no ammo, but they also don't have the range of a bow. Spell casters might get the range, but it's a good possibility they won't have the accuracy of an archer. Bows might have the best range and/or ability to shoot arrows faster than mages can cast spells. Like everything, it's a trade off.

1. There is already a thread for this but just want to mention here. I hope that no class imbalance arises from mages having Intelligence as their bread and butter when intelligence is already used for learning ability.

There will definitely be no class imbalance since no classes exist. People like to categorize things is the only reason even "soft classes" exist.

What if I make a Human with high STR/CON/INT - it's not a mage. Maybe I want to fight melee and have the ability to cast spells. Granted my accuracy will suck and I likely won't crit a lot.

• @mae said in Spotlight concerns about balance/class locking:

mages have no ammo

I don't think we know that for sure. It's possible spells require reagents to cast. Reagents could act as a balancing factor for high int characters having access to so many skills.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I'm going to suggest reading the FAQ and NEWS

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured