Building

• TF#1 - WHISPERER Banned

hey everyone. like you can see on this video player chop trees collect logs and straight after that he start to build house from those logs. check this out
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4WCvtKczgw

this doesnt make any sense. you cant build directly from logs, unless its a log house. this isnt. so why he doest go first to carpenter to create the boards and only then start building. Cant we add more deeper crafting system? what else? will we be crafting weapon directly from ore? or create a bow out of log??? sereously?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Hi @boogis if you look on the forum you'll have access at more information about building... all depend of the blue-schematic you could have learned. And don't forget this is a demo about building ๐Ÿ˜‰

@gofrit can u please provide some links?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Perhaps here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8qxrRU-xMw

After that you could go to Vengu the dev-tracker ๐Ÿ˜‰ post and read all entry :
    A compilation of everything we know about fractured

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@boogis true, but it doesn't need to be a crafting simulator. As long as it remains fun.

@benseine said in Building:

@boogis true, but it doesn't need to be a crafting simulator. As long as it remains fun.

really? like russians says lets then take shit and sticks and build a kingdoms out of it ))))

ps - build out of shit and sticks its a russian ideomatic expression which means create something out of nothing. like a GOD!!! ))))

@gofrit sorry mate, your links doesnt prove anything. ive check them long ago already and thats why i write this thread. maybe i missed something and you can provide me exact quotes which prove that devs want to make moe indepth craft and not just build out of logs and smith swords out of ore.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I would like to see an option to create houses quicker (in more simple way, out of logs for example) or take more time and effort and created better houses (make planks, add other parts).

Stronger houses would deteriorate slower then weaker houses, and perhaps offer other quality bonuses. Then each player could chose, how much effort he wants to invest, depending on how much he wants to get back out of his housing.

@gothix yes but it should look like log house tho. not like on this video where you take logs and create flat woden wall made out of boards. sure building must be easy but not simple. does it take much time to create boards out of logs? but it should require special skill so not everyone could do it. and of course more benifits for more complicated house. you going to build it once, why cant u spend more effort?

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@boogis I am totally with you on that, but maybe the house in the video is the most basic one, which was kept simple, because a safe space, practically your own home, is something very important from the game start?

Now I of course donยดt know if that is true, but this has also been one of my concerns. Since the "only" character progress in the game appears to be learning skills, I would hope that simple things, like building a house, are actually not that easy and require work.

But in a Q&A Prometheus said, that trees take hours to respawn right? So maybe their take is not that building something itself is complicated, but finding and getting the resources back safely requires a decent amount of effort.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I also heard in the Q&A that there will be different materials used for houses, stone/wood etc.

Each planet will have unique materials as well. making a building from a material from another planet will show you have taken the time to farm them from there and bring them back.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@azraelius Yeah, Prometheus did mention using different materials - case in point, his example was using a resource from another planet - imported at absurd expense - for the detail work on his example house - bamboo from Arboreus for a stone house on Syn. if you can get that fiddly with the bits, getting some planks made and stained is nothing XD

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@eurav A lot of the effort, as far as I can see from the Q&A, is going to revolve around getting the materials to the house site. I imagine most of us are going to start out as log cabins, just because the advanced facilities to make boards aren't going to exist until we build them XD but I also assume that it will go quickly if you have your neighbors/guildies backing you - while you can only drag one log back at a time (As an example), get 5 or six people to haul with you, and it will only take 8 trips, not 40 - much much faster. Get someone to cook and carpenter while you all are hauling, and you won't need to stop to cook to keep your stamina up - just inhale some food at drop off and make the next run. Much like any barn-raising, you put enough people on the job, and it goes from a month long process to under a day. Just be sure to help your neighbors haul, too - we all need a roof over our head XD

Also, nothing says we can't update our houses once the facilities are available - the build interface looks fairly robust, in a lego-builder sort of way - able to pop a different sort of wall in at will, as long as it's the same "type" of part - can't pop a "large wall" into a "small wall" slot, but you can exchange a log "large wall" for a brick "large wall," no trouble.

on the third hand - if you decide to hermit it out in the woods somewhere, you potentially have all the wood you need at the site, just by clearing out the land to put your blueprint down. Of course, that probably leaves you a bit rough for alternatives to the log cabin look...but then, you are hermitting in the woods, so, maybe you want that look? Rough stone is also an option.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@therippyone This is my sense as well, and the visual in my mind is rather impressive if it comes to fruition. The level of collaboration etc. would (will?) be impressive!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix maybe just hand the logs over to the carpenter npc? Then he does all the hard work and you suck up all the glory ๐Ÿ˜œ

Copyright ยฉ 2018 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured