Social interaction buffs

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Back in the day star wars galaxies had social professions that could do multiple quality of life features. Entertainers (dancers, musicians) could give you buffs if you sat there for awhile and watched them. There was also a barber where you could change your looks. I think having these things in this game would make put it over the top in quality and be something different from other games in this genre.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I could see it as an expansion down the line.

Hmm visiting a barber shop (shaving) giving you a slight temporary charisma buff could make sense.

Visiting a gym, doing some workout, giving you a slight temporary strength buff (and temporary character build visual muscle boost).

Visiting a library and reading a book for a while giving you a temporary INT buff, and some mystic glow around your hands.

But all these visual changes (and buffs) would only be temporary. The permanent cosmetic changes would come from other standard sources and wouldn't be connected with buffs in any way (to avoid P2W).

@gothix
    Should get some charisma points for having a beard too!

1. Hairdresser - customization and should not have buffs in the form of higher characteristics
    2. There is a class musician who is essentially a skill buff for the group

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix Yeah exactly what i was thinking. All the buffs are temporary stat increases. Also i have no idea how players being able to give you haircuts would lead to P2W. In fact that makes no sense whatsoever.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@muker Why should looking good not boost a social stat like charisma or confidence or something? Its not permanent. A buff like in everquest or world of warcraft usually has a time allotment for how long it lasts. Maybe 15 minutes, maybe an hour.

@dagimir said in Social interaction buffs:

@gothix Yeah exactly what i was thinking. All the buffs are temporary stat increases. Also i have no idea how players being able to give you haircuts would lead to P2W. In fact that makes no sense whatsoever.

If the buff coming with haircut was permanent (same as haircut) and you are able to buy haircuts in cash shop with those buffs, then this would be P2W, because you would literally be giving RL money for buffs. šŸ™‚

If you are visiting barber shop, paying the shaving in barber shop with in game gold (that you grinded from mobs), and you get a temporary buff with this shave, that is not P2W.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix If it is a permanent stat increase it is not referred to as a buff in any game. Your last talking point is exactly what I was describing. :

"If you are visiting barber shop, paying the shaving in barber shop with in game gold (that you grinded from mobs), and you get a temporary buff with this shave, that is not P2W." - Gothix

This is the idea we are shooting for.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

They had a lot of minor buffs like you described in Archeage. While it might help with roleplaying, it seriously sucks for the buff bar when you have to stare at so much crap. These buff can't be OP otherwise everyone would be sitting in front of freaking musicians before a war. Please nothing stupid af.

@chrightt
    Maybe theyā€™re bards and can be on the battle field. Itā€™s already been proven that music can change someoneā€™s emotions.

Itā€™s a neat concept that you take some mental damage and need entertainment to repair it.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@chrightt A buff bar could be hidden in an inventory panel so its not screen cluttering. Something you could easily access by a hotkey.

@chrightt
    Diablo 3 has a grouped buff bar that all permanent buffs are in. The temp ones are displayed on the ability bar or just above that bar.

• Wiki Editor

I would like such system, where social interacting give you some in advance.
    Like if you are running a tavern you get a temporary barkeeper buff for an special amount of visiting player, while you are there and giving out beer and wine and food.
    Or as a barde, if people tip you, you get a special ā€žWell playedā€œ Buff.
    Also i can imagine a special mentoring program.
    Or or or...

@jetah said in Social interaction buffs:

@chrightt
    Maybe theyā€™re bards and can be on the battle field. Itā€™s already been proven that music can change someoneā€™s emotions.

Itā€™s a neat concept that you take some mental damage and need entertainment to repair it.

Or maybe you will need mental repair after hearing the bards song. šŸ˜›

@gothix
    Sonic weapons, eh? šŸ™‚

@gothix
    i dont think bards do heavy metal.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@muker I understand the concern, but instead of merely avoiding it... having an option for a 'quick trim' that doesn't change the character looks (basically maintenance on your look) would allow for the system without making people frustrated about changing their hair style!

• Wiki Editor

@gothix Hehe yes, debuffs are imaginable in this case too... like ā€žGo to hellā€œ or the listening player gets a buff ā€žEarplugsā€œ šŸ˜„

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

XD
    But, on a more serious note, I do like the idea of doing normal things and netting certain bonuses. Like, if you hang out somewhere (tavern) with friends and having a good time, you get a 50% resistance to the Despair debuff for a real-time hour.

Of course, you can get some weird things. like, going to hang out with a bard for an evening improves your charisma for a while (or maybe that's just the beer goggles XD) and going to the opera gives you a lesser charisma bonus, but an equal intelligence bonus, but they probably shouldn't stack, since they both come from similar sources - listening to music socially. The easy way to handle this is either one overwrites the other, or the time you need to acquire the bonus is longer than the bonus itself, so you can't get them to stack.

Copyright Ā© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured