Lich Transformation unlocked!

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Please explain what this lich is all about?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@boogis to expand - Human to Lich transformation is one of the really early stretch goals from the KickStarter - the one that almost happened, but we didn't quite manage it. Many KS-backers had been a bit bitter about not making the goal - like we'd let everyone down. However, because the store also feeds the total value, we recently managed to reach that stretch goal, and now Liches will be a possible path for Humanity to take, so a lot of people are feeling very good about the inclusion, whether they want to be a Lich or not.

Hopefully they make becoming a lich as hard as possible, otherwise half of the human population will be liches 😅

I believe they said any of the character changes... abomination, angel and lich is end game and will require a lot of work.

Lich characters will be suffering penalties besides, so having a lich tank will be less effective than regular human... As they loose constitution.

Unsure if the Lich retains the use of technology... But sure that staying human allows for its own benefits. Becoming a Lich will not be everyone's choice I think.

I like the idea of making a thief style Lich, I imagine that will be duable since they don't suffer from dex and perception. Creating odd builds is something I enjoy a lot, but we will need to see if this is viable in the future.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

i still didnt fing explanation why would i want to turn into lich? become a better necromant?

For gameplay reasons the Lich will have pros and cons, resistance to cold but weakness to fire... Increased int but reduced con/char... Increased necromancy. No need for food!

I guess you would want to make a Lich if you plan on making a spellcaster...

I personally plan on making one for a few reason... the challenge of converting, running around as an undead character summoning more undead so cool!

So both aesthetics and gameplay are reasons.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

ok thank you for your explanation. but i still dont see a point to become a lich. why? cos its kind of make no sense. why there is a lich in human culture? lich are undead this means they are evil. or is it a good lich? what kind of lore is it? what is a story of lich being a human culture? maybe would be better, since humans are nuetral race they could convert both into evil and good, lets say lich is evil and summoner is good (he can summon fire elementals against lich) or maybe someone holy who will despell necro magic. Necromancy has been evil through out all hystory. so they have to live on Tartaros or something. and sommoners in beast planet. imagine when heaps of undead will attack peacful city and army of sommoners with fire elementals will burn them down or maybe oposite.

@boogis we presume that undead are evil because most games and fantasies place them in that role...

There is information out there which supports there being good Liches... They attain undeath to keep watch over their charges... Protect and teach, possibly to fulfill a noble quest that they know they can complete in their normal lifespan.

So up to you which you choose I guess... But we know this game and its lore will support both.

@azraelius said in Lich Transformation unlocked!:

@boogis we presume that undead are evil because most games and fantasies place them in that role...

The only good lich is a dead lich.

Oh wait... 😛

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@azraelius in "master and margarita" devil was also good, but all guests on his ball were muderers and they all came from hell. in same novel devil have said that necromancy is a black magic. so its no matter are u good or bad but good and evil is just two polarirtys so if you are lich you are on evil side even you performing good stuff

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Kinda not sure what I'll end up playing. This is going to be an incredibly tempting choice depending on what is involved with becoming one.

Nice going

nice exciting

@boogis lich is not human anymore.

Same like angel is not a demon anymore after conversion, and abomination is not a beast kin anymore.

Once you chose to convert to lich, you say goodbye to a human culture, and say hello to lich culture. I guess it would be similar to becoming a vampire, once human, but not human anymore. You become a completely new race.

Humans will certainly not consider you one of their own anymore.

You shouldn't etiquette persons based on race they belong too.

There can be bad demons, and good demons too, demons that were born as demons, but behave well and do not grief others. But they are still demons.

There can also be bad angels, who go around and harass other people, con them in trades, behave in insulting way etc.

The same way as lich, you can chose if you will behave good or bad. You are a new race, but you can still behave per your choice.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@gothix ok, but this is a game, if you ask me personaly i dont want to kill anyone at all but this is the game. and my question is how game recognize lich? as a evil? is so that make sense then. you must chooce you side either you are deamon or angel or beast or any other crap - if you are evil then you are evil. besides you misstake bad and evil. angel is not evil he is good but he can be good or bad. demon is evil but he can be good or bad. so no one is racist here ok?)))))

@boogis said in Lich Transformation unlocked!:

and my question is how game recognize lich? as a evil?

Apparently becoming or being a lich has nothing whatsoever to do with good or evil alignment in the game, kinda like fishing (I assume!). 🙂 It's just not related.

Angels and Beastmen, on the other hand, -do- involve the good and evil in-game alignment system.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@roccandil ok i see, but in my opinion lich has to be evil. all russian people being raised on fact that lich is evil. we have our national lich "koschshey the immortal" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koschei

@boogis

Yeah, feels odd to me too. I don't remember ever running into a good lich in my RPG travels. 🙂

And oh, I should have said Abominations instead of Beastmen... lol...

@boogis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lich

"Unlike zombies, which are often depicted as mindless, a lich retains independent thought and is usually at least as intelligent as it was prior to its transformation."

Lich is intelligent, and retains same mind from before transformation, so it can be good or evil, depending on choice.

Also, liches are human who seek eternal life (most of us would like that, this is not bad in itself), and go through transformation of body to achieve that. After you are transformed, you can do whatever you want. You can go and hurt others if you are evil, but you don't have to, you are an intelligent being with a choice.

So lich does not have to be evil. Even if, for arguments sake, we would assume that statistically most liches would be evil, this does not necessitate for all of them to be.

It would be like playing a movie about Russians, and someone sees a Russian dude in movie NOT drinking vodka, and he says oh this movie is wrong, because surely all Russians drink vodka. 😉

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured