About the VIP membership

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@jetah said in About the VIP membership:

@gothix
    DS said they wouldnt sell power. The VIP isn’t power if it’s traded.

DS wouldnt be breaking their word because they aren’t directly selling items.

No.

They didn't just say "they wouldn't sell power". They said "There will be no P2W".
    Allowing RMT would be P2W.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@gothix said in About the VIP membership:

@jetah said in About the VIP membership:

@gothix
    DS said they wouldnt sell power. The VIP isn’t power if it’s traded.

DS wouldnt be breaking their word because they aren’t directly selling items.

No.

They didn't just say "they wouldn't sell power". They said "There will be no P2W".
    Allowing RMT would be P2W.

then there would be no trading at all in game because RMT will exist with trading.

Whether you wish to admit it or not, RMT will exist. Either DS can make some cash off it by selling VIP to players that trade it or they spend cash and man hours tracking down accounts that RMT trade, and deal with stolen credit card charge backs (which hurts them in fee's).

• If money will buy cities then it can be a sort of p2w, else as stated wow\eve do sell sub for ingame currency and i never hear about them in any p2w circostance. Different speech could be for BDO\Archeage but there is another system upgrade\uncap\rng system behinde that make them shady in the first place.

Just asking, in Albion how it works? you can buy and sell premium membership right? for me that game is p2w with the auction for cities and t8 that is definitely very exepensive to lose..

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

At least everyone agrees that in fractured's current state its not pay to win. But what if DS went more in the direction of pay for progression? They said that there would be periods of waiting. Warframe seems to be doing well with this type of approach. I still enjoy it.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@crowdac Not every1 agrees. It's a mystery to me why ppl think buying knowledge points isn't pay2win.

• Wiki Editor

@dokuwan said in About the VIP membership:

@crowdac Not every1 agrees. It's a mystery to me why ppl think buying knowledge points isn't pay2win.

You don‘t buy Knowledge points with VIP, you just earn them faster. So it is just a time saver. And they stated just such points from unlimited sources, that means, you won‘t get more possible KP than others and its made for people who like to be completionists.
    But i‘m sure we will soon know what DS is meaning with different Knowledgepoint gain. Because if they say, there are KP out of unlimited source, there will be limited KPs too.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured