About legendary itens

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

What you think about legendary itens ? I think should have one legendary weapons of any type, like one legendary sword, axe and stuff. And we just can get if we explore a fucking hard area, what you think about ?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@prometheus said in Limited/rare items?:

@gothix said in Limited/rare items?:

Thing is if people get legendary items, they will start asking devs for the ways to protect them so they can't be stolen / looted from them.
    You can bet whatever you want on that.

"ahh gank squads are stealing my legendary items"
    "this OP guild stole all legendary items in game and now they are too powerful, nerf them"
    etc (insert million more complaints of similar type)

Indeed, "legendary" pieces of equipment don't work well in a game where items lose durability and eventually break, plus drop on death. Even if you're playing on Arboreus where being looted is impossible/extremely unlikely, you'd eventually lose your "legendary" item. Also, having such items would break our design pillar of different equipment being better/worse in different scenarios - not better/worse overall.

On the opposite, when it comes to cosmetics, trophies, etc, everything is possible, and we'll definitely have very rare / unique items. Asteroids, as someone mentioned, will be a very likely source of them. GM-hosted events will be as well.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

yes for hard to have legendary item

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I was not thinking "this item is legendary because just one player can have it" but a legendary item because he is really strong in some scenarios and is so hard have them that just a few player can have it

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@gotay said in About legendary itens:

I was not thinking "this item is legendary because just one player can have it" but a legendary item because he is really strong in some scenarios and is so hard have them that just a few player can have it

Game is designed with different principle.

There will be no items that are stronger or weaker in general from other items. So when you have 2 items, you will not be able to say ok this one is "better" I will keep this one.

Instead, items will specialize in different scenarios, so while one sword can deal fire damage and be good against mobs that are weak to fire, and weak against fire resistant mobs, there can be other swords that deal ice damage, lightning damage, posion effect, have chance to penetrate extra armor,...

So each sword will be better vs different type of enemies.

Same goes for armor that will have different resistances or offer different effects that can help you in different situations.

This is why there will be no legendary gear. Instead gear will be specialized, and you will need to have multiple items, and then pick what you want to carry and use for your current adventure, depending what you will fight.

You will need to make tactical choices, do you wish to carry more gear in your bag so you are ready for multiple fighting situations, but you will be able to pick up less loot (due to limited bag space), or you will carry less spare gear so you can pick up more loot, but you will be less ready to engage multiple types of enemies, and also have less risk to lose a lot of your gear if you are killed and looted.

Choices, choices... it's why I am looking forward to Fractured being not a typical MMO. 🙂

• Community Manager

@gotay There's already an active thread about this subject. Please continue the discussion there. 🔒

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured