To Pick a Hero Profile Pic

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Every time I log into my hero profile I think to myself that I should change the picture to female.

I would love to see us being able to pick a picture to represent our hero’s gender. I know that it would also would not be amiss to be able to pick from a handful of pictures in each category.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

I wouldn't mind this - though only if it doesn't slow down production or cost too much.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I bet they'll add more website customization further down the road. They've probably got a full plate right now lol

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@therippyone said in To Pick a Hero Profile Pic:

I wouldn't mind this - though only if it doesn't slow down production or cost too much.

i dont think they will loose (any amount of significant) time (slow-down) on game development when they implement the store and/or other website components.
    yes the guy doing the website will spend time and therefore money and resources. but the shop (and also other things) will attrackt more people (paying customers) and thus more money to hire additional developers.
    and really... 1 day to do add a male female pic... (you can upload your own pic as well as did i) on a tiomeplan up to 2020... maybe you already have left/abandoned this game in development and play something else by that time.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I'm not too fussed either way. I uploaded my own pic and never really went back to the hero profile. I was trying to load it to see what was on there but it's taking forever. May explain why I haven't gone back.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@trelia i should read posts better. hero profile mr.dordolio. hero profile. not the user profile. For hero (and guild) profile there shoulld be more pictures to choose from.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

It's cool, I was hopping I had just missed something. 🙂

One word difference can be easily missed. I know that well myself.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

It's just a fun little thing to do while the game is in development and so I don't care a lot either way, especially since everybody knows you can't pick a gender there, so they don't look at it and assume you are what the picture shows or anything.

The picture is just a basic idea there to show us what we're picking for a type, it's not supposed to be specifically us, but a representation of the race so we can get an idea. I don't mean to downplay your idea, I'd love to pick a more feminine tiger picture to display, but it is so utterly low on my priorities list.

Don't get me wrong, it would be a nice thing to be able to select a gender there. They are basically fairly quick concept sketches and it shouldn't take too much work or money to make up another set of them for the opposite genders, but they aren't especially needed for that part of the page for what they stand for. Again, it's not "us" - not our hero or character, but just a racial representation.

I wouldn't mind a gender selection that we could list even if it wouldn't change the picture - though there's a Background information spot we can write whatever we want into it, so we could always write up that information there along with our ideal hero description 🐱

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I think it would be enough to let our forum avatar to be displayed in Hero profile. That should not be hard to do and would suffice.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@mewmew. I even agree this is low priority compared to working on the game.

I am very much a visual learner and having a picture that has only one link, human, to my idea of who my hero is, creates a slight dissonance with the ideas of who my hero is in my head. Being able to pick the gender, having two pictures to chose from is my suggestion to lessen this. Having more pictures than that is just a wishful thinking.

@Dybuk, That is a good idea. Being able to use the forum avatar would work. Or, if we were able to link a picture hosted elsewhere.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@trelia said in To Pick a Hero Profile Pic:

@mewmew. I even agree this is low priority compared to working on the game.

I am very much a visual learner and having a picture that has only one link, human, to my idea of who my hero is, creates a slight dissonance with the ideas of who my hero is in my head. Being able to pick the gender, having two pictures to chose from is my suggestion to lessen this. Having more pictures than that is just a wishful thinking.

@Dybuk, That is a good idea. Being able to use the forum avatar would work. Or, if we were able to link a picture hosted elsewhere.

I get what you're saying and all even though my own thoughts on the matter differ. We can't all be expected to have the same feelings towards it 😺

Again I feel it's just a racial representation for seeing what the race sort of looks like so we can get a general idea of what they look like when choosing, and it's not actually supposed to be our hero at all. That said, a single sketch of the opposite gender for each wouldn't be a terribly difficult or unreasonable thing to ask for despite my feelings on the matter.

It's even possible someone in the community would want to draw them up for them. They could even do it as a little contest, having players sketch up the opposite gender for them and giving away prizes to the top people. Of course you'd need to hope that people who are good at that sort of thing see it and enter the contest, but it's a consideration at least.

Letting us use our own picture there sort of defeats the purpose of it showing off what the race looks like. We could put up any sort of fantastical thing that takes you outside of the world and game there. While that's fine for the forums, I don't feel it fits as well for the Foundry. I'm not super against allowing it, but am leaning up against it a bit haha. I wouldn't fight to stop it if they did want to allow it or anything but am sort of hmm, 60/40 against doing that there.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured