Guild Functions

• I was wondering how the guild functions will work. Is there anything unique or special, which isn't done in other MMORPGs? Any limits to players and/or ways to upgrade your guild? Thanks!

-An Interested Follower

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

as of now. there is no limit to how many a guild can have for members.

• What we know about guilds so far:

• Guild membership is restricted by planet (as of latest news, it may change again)
    • Guilds can own towns and territory
    • Guilds can form alliances and declare war
    • On Tartaros and Syndesia, guilds can siege towns and take them over if successful
    • Member cap starts small and increases as a guild gains territory and builds certain buildings

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I really hope that guild membership is changed to full sandbox mode, and that guilds are able to recruit how they like. So people that start off with beasts and plan to go abomination path can instantly play with their friends in demon guilds and not wait an eternity before they can join up, and for various other reasons.

Leaving choice to players, about who they wish to play with is best option, again imho.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@target said in Guild Functions:

What we know about guilds so far:

• Guild membership is restricted by planet (as of latest news, it may change again)
    • Guilds can own towns and territory
    • Guilds can form alliances and declare war
    • On Tartaros and Syndesia, guilds can siege towns and take them over if successful
    • Member cap starts small and increases as a guild gains territory and builds certain buildings

Also good and evil players cannot be members of the same guild.

• @nightcoder Pretty sure that was changed when they changed guilds from alignment based to planet based.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@target Guess we'll have to wait for the devs to come back from their vacation and ask 🙂

• Wiki Editor

@nightcoder Specter recently replied about it at https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/5879/cross-race-guilds/8

"guilds are planet-restricted these days. If you can live permanently on a planet, you can join a guild belonging to that planet. In the case of Syndesia, Humans, Beastmen and Angels can all join Syndesia guilds."

Previously it was alignment restricted and who knows, might change again although I like planet restricted more and any guilds that want to restrict alignment can still do so by controlling membership themselves.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@kellewic said in Guild Functions:

@nightcoder Specter recently replied about it at https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/5879/cross-race-guilds/8

"guilds are planet-restricted these days. If you can live permanently on a planet, you can join a guild belonging to that planet. In the case of Syndesia, Humans, Beastmen and Angels can all join Syndesia guilds."

Previously it was alignment restricted and who knows, might change again although I like planet restricted more and any guilds that want to restrict alignment can still do so by controlling membership themselves.

Humans, Beastmen and Angels - note that Demons are excluded.

• @nightcoder Demons are excluded because they can't live on Syndesia. To break it down by race:

• Arboreus guilds can have beastmen, and maybe angels.

• Syndesia guilds can have beastmen, humans, and angels

• Tartartos guilds can have demons, abominations, and humans.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@target I wonder what happens if you join a beastmen guild on Arboreus and then become an abomination or a demon guild on Tartartos and then become an angel (well, probably the first answer will be a bug report but what then...)

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

I wonder if that's a way to "spread" a guild - by having members living on different worlds. I don't think traveling severs guild membership - so a guild member carries a bit of their guild with them, regardless - bit like a diplomat. Otherwise, the demons would have to Re-Guild every eclipse, and that's too much work. and if you build a home on a new world, and make it a guild base, well, then you've imported your guild to a new world, haven't you?

(Of course, building a new home off world might break your guild ties in a way that traveling won't, if the devs are really opposed to guilds being interplanetary, but that is yet to be seen)

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured