Star Citizen

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@evolgrinz remember that for SC player base will be crucial. In No Man's Sky if you play it alone it's still goo... you don't lose anything 😉 In SC one of the points of the game is living world populated with players, if they lose players because of bad start the game will probably die.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I wanted to link

, but then I realised it's two years old right now.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@evolgrinz said in Star Citizen:

That is true. Both Elite: Dangerous and No Man's Sky had a rough start and got a lot of negative flak.

No Man's Sky still isn't good; it's just less awful than it was before.

It's still a glitchy mess with poorly designed missions and largely pointless and content-bereft gameplay.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

If anything, SC is a good study on game creation and expectations vs promises given.

I've been backing since the beginning and been testing since day 1. You have to remember that they didn't have a team beforehand, so it was never going to be a simple job like pumping out the next CoD. The people that moan obviously haven't been playing since the beginning as the game has come a long way.

When you think about it, that's what Kickstarter should be about - building it from the ground up. Too many people have bought into the idea that KS is just a way to get stuff on early release with a few extras.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

I backed star citizen. (my ingame name is Tec)
    It will launch. no worries. it will take time, but it will also be groundbreaking.

I said that if Star Citizen could do half of the things it said it could, and do it just as good as they said they could, the game would be 10X any game on the market. Could they have done it differently? Yeah, they should have shot for a bare bones frame of a game before even thinking of letting players have a go at it. The modules only confused some, confounded others and in the end it was just a waste of time and resources.

I still think they are on track to make a huge game, I fear that its still over 2 years out. S42 might get a push out the door next year, and if they can get it polished that will be enough to shut up most of the drones. The hard core haters on the other hand, well nothing can save them, they have fully banked on its demise and will always find a bug to complain about or a missing feature that was the only reason for playing. Glad thats not me, I get to enjoy Star Citizen, and Elite, and No Mans Sky... so good to be a gamer.

I played SC a while back, when they were doing a free weekend for everyone.
    When I played it back then, the game was very confusing and not very intuitive, so I hope they will do that again someday, so I can see how the game has progressed.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@dragomok
    lol. yeah time flies. even when you have no fun (in playing SC 😉 )

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Last time I checked it didn't play that well with amd graphics unfortunately. But hopefully it'll get better.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I look forward to paying full price for Star Citizen after it comes out of Beta and hits full release status. 😆

@kairosval said in Star Citizen:

I look forward to paying full price for Star Citizen after it comes out of Beta and hits full release status.

I'll see you in 2028 when it finally comes out of Beta

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@kapier
    It's a real shame Illfonic wasn't given the correct parameters to implement their mechanics into Star Citizen. I loved their FPS demos, but unfortunately... they couldn't be integrated. FPS is still great, but I imagine it could be a lot better too!

Off topic, I am far more excited for Dual Universe. They've ran into hiccups as well though, as I imagine Fractured will too.

Running into hickups is the nature of programming. There will always be unforeseen issues popping up when programming, that is why it's so hard to set a release date and why games are getting delayed often.

@evolgrinz said in Star Citizen:

Running into hickups is the nature of programming. There will always be unforeseen issues popping up when programming, that is why it's so hard to set a release date and why games are getting delayed often.

While that is true, there is something really suspicious about a game that is now at $191,883,234 raised and is still lingering along.

Most of these other games raised less than 2% of that and have much better results shown.

I wanted Star Citizen to be a rockstar, but sadly, I think its something they tried to do TOO much in at one time. Sorta like when CCP had all these other games they wanted to integrate into Eve.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured