Poliponi, a town governed by Dordolio

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Awesome!

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

So lets start at the beginning (as this is the section of planning a town)

Lots of details are unknown and i imagined a fun location to run would be a town where everyone is going to because they are curious. So i located my town near the starnge fields that are obviously not so natural. I hope that it attracts Magic users of all kind and all kinds of people that will craft items to sell and trade..

Most people think (i guess) about best weapons, best armor and the more obvious things. This weapon and armor thing is also a safe bet. I dont do safe bets and i imagine that we are working on making all kinds of things possible (like enchanting weapons, use music to heal body and mind, and just have fine safe locations to enjoy life, entertain crowds, just rest or find knowledge and prepare for a journey. Poliponi and the people that are inhabitant of the town should be a welcome sight to any weary traveller. The town should bring a lot to any party.

So that is the primary vision.
    I am not 'just a bard with a lute, flute or bottle to juggle'.

I think more of all kinds of people, who bring their talents, skills, knowledge and manners with some good wits and although i have no clue how much we actually can achieve, how much i can add to the town, or what is possible in specializations, skill trees for towns are mentioned i hope that people join me so that we can find out together. waiting for someone else to to do so... is not my style.

news!
    The town is now visible on the map and open for business.

To my great pleasure i read this part in feature-spotlight-4-skills-galore

MUSICIANSHIP
    The school of Musicianship encompasses several abilities that can infuse a hint of magic into songs and plays to dramatically increase the impact music has on the souls of the listeners.

Bards and minstrels using Musicianship can manipulate the emotions of other people triggering their most basic, animal feelings. Their music can influence any living creature able to hear the performance, but the effect usually doesn’t last for long – when the music stops, any affected being soon snaps out of the enchantment. Some Musicianship techniques even allow for the compression of mana into sound waves able to damage the creatures they collide with – a far less pleasant kind of tune.

The power of most abilities belonging to this school depends on the Charisma of the bard.
    i know, it doesn't sound like the greatest thing ever, but i'ts there. so i'll be damned if my town cant get any followers in magic that like to join a bardic town, ruled by the most benevolent and most musical artist ever heard of... me. Dordolio.
    poliponi.jpg

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@dordolio That's unique, and I like your vision, a town of having fun and enjoying the arts is intriguing and I would contribute if I can, (I guess we'll find out later if there are region specific servers). But I'm down for this.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Sorry for the slow responses πŸ™‚ im just having fun in games. Now that there is a map ... qquestions and such come up. Like... what would be a good spot?

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

i found a spot near the big mountains. the place is to the south east. it has a strange symbol next to it. when i have access to a workstation i will investigate some more

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

ok... "found" is a great word πŸ™‚

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

some names to look at: just south of the white hills
    other locations with interesting nearby features: golden teeth mountains in the north.
    crown mountains more south of those mountains
    or hidden dale.
    what would you prefer and why?

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@dordolio gheez.. its already been 4 months... time flies.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@TheGreatElleon it still sounds awesome too., after 2 years πŸ™‚

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

so, the map is up and i activated my town. Poliponi. Its Alive!
    and currently open to all players.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

"looks outside..." mumbles a little... "empty streets.... nothing...."
    he turns to the mirror, smiles and starts humming a new piece of music...

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

i updated my town intro piece πŸ™‚ with some info i found in https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-4-skills-galore/

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

i also added https://www.poliponi.com/ to keep track of the history

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

i am... flabbergasted..
    Thank you elmin77, quiliao, Belephya, CarlosClark, dere, Archintyeron, GPitbull, Kaleve, KinGZeus, AlystraKarel, Azzarash for joining the location i selected.

i will keep you informed on the town of course, and where possible and needed I'll reach out to discuss decisions for the greater good in our town.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

added the map and a little marker to find Poliponi

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

And so the city building alpha gets near... be sure to join asap as the join city feature will soon be closed.
    As for inhabitants of my city (welcome) i will do three raffles. I will raffle one founders pack and two master packs as shown here https://fracturedmmo.com/store/#pack (to use or give away to a friend)
    The only thing you have to do is be a member of my town. The raffle will be held when this alpha is finished. There is of course no obligation to follow up on my town after this alpha. (But i will for sure do my best to make it fun, or worthwhile to return to Poliponi (ideas, opinions and theorys welcome) )

I am considering giving away a pack of 2,000 Dynamight Tokens to one participant who delivers a background story to use in world anvil (added to the map i am maintaining there.) If there are more participants i will select one or have a vote.

Dynamight Tokens are used to get stunning cosmetic items such as unique skins for your armor, mounts, pets and house decorations.

Cheap tricks to lure peeps into my town? i know. unfair? probably. fun? certainly for me. sure.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

I am happy that i have enough people to keep the town alive. for those unfortunate enough not to find enough people to fill their town, i would be happy to invite you in Poliponi and get an insight with me in the steps to create a town. I am happy to test and experiment with ideas that you might have. We start as a free city and not a guild city. Let work together and get the most out of it!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Good Luck πŸ˜‰

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@eltaninsroses thanks πŸ™‚ u2! and feel free to visit my town... its not a duchy, not a country or whatever, but its there πŸ™‚
    enjoy!

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Cool concept, best of luck!

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured