Feature Spotlight #7 - Towns, Governors & Politics

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@dybuk It was mentioned in Q&A that player can have only 1 home/plot. Furthermore @Prometheus said there is an option that there will be only one house per account.

• DymStudios - CEO

@Dybuk @thudaron the current plan is one house per character. It could become one house per planet per account if needed (so 3 max per account) 😉

Guilds can control multiple cities, but unless they're large guilds (100+ players), it's not a great idea. Much better to focus on a single one. And no, a player can be the governor of one town only. Trust me that's already a lot!

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@prometheus tldr. Don't go and life in guild towns, if you don't trust the guys in power. And don't life in free towns that are mostly populated by a tightlyknot group, care to fall for scamers.

Haveing the power to bag any or all possesions of a player, is kinda hardcore.
    I can see this be abused hard, to either profit of newbies or harras people into paying large taxes or doing other chores.

"Pay me this tax/bribe or i will get 2/3 of the people to nuke your possesions in this town. And guess what, you can't debuild your stuff you put here. And that money you put into our banks for interests, that's lost somehow then too."

Rather then changeing possesion, it should debuild his stuff and he will get back the money he paid for the lot. Being able to evict that spot in 3~7 days. If not evicted, the ressources and the money will be owned by the town.

.... can you elaborate why it's the "gunpoint" way and not the "evicted by vote, fore being toxic and selling fake alchemy potency potions."?

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Prometheus Very interesting news, cannot believe, we really will have "democracy" in MMORPGs finally!!

I also got some questions:

1. What happens if (eternal KS-)Guild-Govenor turns his/her back on city's political ideal, will everyone else has to change their ideals or need to leave town to "accept" this change?

2. What happens in the rare situation if there is a trolling Govenor? Is there also a kick/ban vote needed?

3. Can citizens start (political) riots to make Govenors leave "earlier" as well or only by votes?

4. Will KS-(Guild-)Govenors reclaim "their" city, after the lost it, due to not being active, when they are back online? In other words: Can KS Govenors lose their title completely or will they always have the possibility to become/stay a Govenor right away if they want to?

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

as a citizen of a city: does my stuff will be in safety in this town or I'll lose my stuff in case of invasion/attack of the city?

Sounds pretty interesting.
    But aren't the elections every 3 weeks a bit too frequent?

• Wiki Editor

@prometheus said in Feature Spotlight #7 - Towns, Governors & Politics:

@logain said in Feature Spotlight #7 - Towns, Governors & Politics:

Did I get that right, a guild leader who's Governor on the Beast planet can not be removed from power (no siege and no vote)?

If he declared his town as a guild town, yeah, as much as he cannot be removed from the role of guild master of the guild.

Will a guild town turn into a Hamlet after losing enough prestige and thus oust the current Governor? If so, wouldn't that "disconnect" the town (now a hamlet) from the guild so they would have to start over to claim it?

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I'm super excited to see this all happen. There are tons of issues and potentially situations that will need to be accounted for though. As long as the system is sufficient developed, with extensive protocols and lots of control on the parts of rules and citizenry, this will end up being an awesome element of game that will set Fractured apart from the rest. That being said, just wanna emphasize that this system is going to have to be THOROUGHLY developed. Can't afford to cut any corners with politics, amiright...?

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@greenfox said in Feature Spotlight #7 - Towns, Governors & Politics:

@prometheus tldr. Don't go and life in guild towns, if you don't trust the guys in power. And don't life in free towns that are mostly populated by a tightlyknot group, care to fall for scamers.

Haveing the power to bag any or all possesions of a player, is kinda hardcore.
    I can see this be abused hard, to either profit of newbies or harras people into paying large taxes or doing other chores.

"Pay me this tax/bribe or i will get 2/3 of the people to nuke your possesions in this town. And guess what, you can't debuild your stuff you put here. And that money you put into our banks for interests, that's lost somehow then too."

Rather then changeing possesion, it should debuild his stuff and he will get back the money he paid for the lot. Being able to evict that spot in 3~7 days. If not evicted, the ressources and the money will be owned by the town.

.... can you elaborate why it's the "gunpoint" way and not the "evicted by vote, fore being toxic and selling fake alchemy potency potions."?

**I agree with some of this, even though we don't know for sure how it will play out...

I consider, during the "kick out phase" when 2/3 players vote to kick a player out of a free town. that the player gets like 24hours notification to vacate the town, and then.. if the player doesn't leave in time, the governor then gets the possessions.

@Prometheus
    @Specter

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@greenfox, @kingexodus thing about it the other way as well - if someone does shit like this it will be quickly known and people will start leaving that town.

• Wiki Editor

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@tulukaruk said in Feature Spotlight #7 - Towns, Governors & Politics:

@greenfox, @kingexodus thing about it the other way as well - if someone does shit like this it will be quickly known and people will start leaving that town.

Thats true also, maybe the towns that treat citizens bad, will also highlight honest and fair towns.. ying and yang that makes the game realistic and dynamic.

Great spotlight! housing is always fun. I am not really sure why anyone would want to be a Governor though. Strikes me as just as bad as being Guild Master. Yep learned my lesson there... anywho the system sounds great. I really like the part about finding the old town hall. good job mixing in the lore there. Keep up the great work.

Just a FYI - a democracy without loopholes and bound by laws is not a democracy.... its a Republic. I am all for republics!

This was an interesting read. I like how the guilds can be in control of a town 👍

so my demon, wont allow democracy in their town. can i set it up to be totalitarian? and why would I allow "citizens" to vote?

• World areas look interesting, I was surprised there wasn't much mention of resource distribution though. Further, what type of balance among town, zones, and resources are planned?

@vortech said in Feature Spotlight #7 - Towns, Governors & Politics:

World areas look interesting, I was surprised there wasn't much mention of resource distribution though. Further, what type of balance among town, zones, and resources are planned?

that's an internal testing setup. live game world should be different.

• Wiki Editor

@Prometheus
    I have a question about the different characters you can have and their living place.
    Since you said in an Q&A, that your Characters will share one house, i'm a bit confused about it.
    Can different characters have different houses too, to be able to live in 2 different towns?
    For system reason it must be possible for different races.
    But what is, if i have 2 Beasts later and i want to have one of them in a guild and its town and a second one to create another (free) town, will it be possible to do that?

Especially for myself it would be a demanding feature, since i want to commit myself to the "Alte Helden" (german guild) AND have a (free/guild) town for "New Order" (international guild).
    Well, i know, i still can choose for "New Order" another planet, since the "Alten Helden" will be at Arboreus, but IF i want to choose to establish "New Order" as a Beastmen Guild too, then i would need a system, where characters can act independend from each other.

@prometheus said in Feature Spotlight #7 - Towns, Governors & Politics:

(...)What's so bad about that?(...)

As there's a limited amount of 'town spots' on the map and these are further limited by which ones can go to city/metropolis, I imagine that quite a few people are going to try and 'abuse' that by making 'alt account guilds', then claiming the spot with the character and thus eternally locking off everybody else from building there, as it can not be removed (e.g. have five alt characters on five 20€ accounts, use your group to clear the territories, move the alt there and effectively get control of five 'metropolis spots' forever, possibly even selling them off for RL money later).

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured