Gear and element resistances

• Wiki Editor

@brocki well, light infantry carries all their gear wherever they go and I not only had to carry my gear and 3 days of food, but some armorer tools (for fixing weapons in the field) and the radio with extra batteries for the CO.

This was back in the 90s, but I don't think it's changed much. If anything, troops have more stuff to carry with all the new tech gadgets out. I doubt gear/weapons have become lighter.

It's probably not uncommon for ground troops to carry 80 to 100 lbs. Normal large ruck is probably 40-50 lbs with gear/food, worn gear maybe another 20 lbs, weapon (depending on type) 10 to 30 lbs (M16A2 vs. M-60) with ammo.

That was back when I was 17-24 - would hurt too much now with all that walking and carrying stuff 🙂

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@brocki said in Gear and element resistances:

(...)Modern soldiers can doing a sprint too(...)

I think you misunderstood me, I'm sorry, I should have tried to word this in a better way.
    While you can move under such conditions, you are not as fast and as agile as without them, especially over time, as I hope combat would last longer than 3 seconds (click, click dead would be a bit boring, since there's no grind).
    Have the guy in the video race in shorts and compare results.

@logain said in Gear and element resistances:

I think you misunderstood me, I'm sorry, I should have tried to word this in a better way.

No problem. I hope i got it right this time. 🙂

... especially over time...

I think that is the most important point. A well crafted plate-armor may not affect your general mobility, but it drains your stamina way faster than lighter armor. I just don't want a general speed-debuff, but something like higher stamina consumption of all actions (if a stamina system exists, i'm not sure at the moment), or something like a slowly increasing speed debuff after a certain time in battle, depending on strength and constitution of your character.

... as I hope combat would last longer than 3 seconds (click, click dead would be a bit boring, since there's no grind).

And really frustrating if you are next to oneshot too many times. ^^

@logain well the length of combat will depend on your build, if 2 full burst players face each other 3 secs would be plenty, all depends on your playstyle :》

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured