Storyline/Questline

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@prometheus said in Multiple Races Guild and Bonuses for Race-Restricted Guild:

Mixed guilds will be alignment-restricted anyway! 😉 So you'll see guilds of good Humans and Beastmen, or guilds of evil Humans and Demons.
    If a Beastman is in the same guild as a demon it's because it's a Renegade. Similarly, if a Demon is in the same guild as a Beastman it's because it's a Redeemed. Please note Renegade Beastmen and Redeemed Demons are very complex concepts (for us to implement and for players to achieve) and will be implemented way later than the first Alphas.

I have some QUESTIONS:

• #1: Will we have quests in this sandbox? And how it would affect players?
    • #2: Would the quests have multiple results depend on player's decisions that will affect the story after? And how the decision affect the game/sandbox (storyline, the player, other players, guilds, environments,...)?
    • #3: If a player had made his decisions and became something, but he didn't want to be it anymore, could he change one more time?
    • #4: Would the game's questline system be the same as Path of Exile, so the story would expand after big updates? And would the first part of the storyline be in the first alpha test?

NOTES:

• #1: @Prometheus mentioned about renegade beastmen, redeemed demons, good and evil humans. I think we may gain those titles through the quests.
    • #2: Of course the quests must have multiple decicions and results so our characters could become one of those titles. I just wonder how far the decision would affect the game. At least we know that some results will determine which guild we can join. Those complex things are still being developed.
    • #3: For example, that player had became renegade beastmen but then he wanted to be good again. Any chance?
    • #4: @Prometheus also mentioned that the complex concepts of mixed guilds will be implemented after the first alpha. So in the first alpha we may experience the first part of the storyline which wouldn't affect our characters much after, if the questline system would be the same as Path of Exile.

PS (edited): Sorry I should post in your topic @Frost, I just forgot to check was there any topic about quest before.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I hope that 'renegade beastmen, redeemed demons, good and evil humans' is less a result of quests and more an outcome of the 'alignment system', where every action in the sandbox is evaluated against your alignment, not just in pre-given/designed quests.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@logain said in Storyline/Questline:

I hope that 'renegade beastmen, redeemed demons, good and evil humans' is less a result of quests and more an outcome of the 'alignment system', where every action in the sandbox is evaluated against your alignment, not just in pre-given/designed quests.

So there must be something that oversees and records our action in order to support the "judgement system" which can ban the character from its planet, or match the mixed guild concept requirement,...

• TF#10 - CONSUL

It can be as Star Wars : The Old Republic in a certain part. In each conversation, you can make some choices, and some choices make you earn "good" or "evil" points. After, yes, it's better if, as lehuan said, a system who record all your actions, and see wich one are bad or good.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@esher said in Storyline/Questline:

It can be as Star Wars : The Old Republic in a certain part. In each conversation, you can make some choices, and some choices make you earn "good" or "evil" points.

That's what I'm talking about. The game "Until Dawn" call it "butterfly effect" (something that only for genius and we can search on Wikipedia, but for us we only need a name to call it LOL). Same as what we see in Fallout or DragonAge, some of our decision in actions, conversations,... that mean a lot after. But it's only singleplayer, or maybe some dudes can join in co-op, we could savegame and turn back if we made the wrong move. In this game, especially it's a sandbox, we would have to choose carefully or we may need to create a new character.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

You're making a lot of assumptions. Let's wait for @Prometheus's answer first. 😛

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@vengu said in Storyline/Questline:

You're making a lot of assumptions. Let's wait for @Prometheus's answer first. 😛

Was the only thing we could do while waiting for the official answers. There is a spoiler said that more news is coming next week. Hope there would be more major information.

Some very good questions and points thee, I approve of this OP :dagger:

Could be wrong but I'm not convinced at this point that they already have determined that level of details. Curious to know what the devs think 🙂

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@holyavengerone Thank you

@lehuan5062 said in Storyline/Questline:

So there must be something that oversees and records our action in order to support the "judgement system" (...)

Another SpatialOS game that's currently in development does exactly that. Hence why I hope Fractured would go that route as well, but hey, only the developers can tell us 😉

So there must be something that oversees and records our action in order to support the "judgement system" (...)

Another SpatialOS game that's currently in development does exactly that. Hence why I hope Fractured would go that route as well, but hey, only the developers can tell us 😉

CoE? https://chroniclesofelyria.com/

You follow that? It's gonna be gewd too, me thinks 😄

@holyavengerone said in Storyline/Questline:

That's a bit derailing the thread (I didn't mention the game's name on purpose 😉 ). But we can certainly discuss the topic in PM/chat.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

That's a bit derailing the thread (I didn't mention the game's name on purpose 😉 ). But we can certainly discuss the topic in PM/chat.

@HolyAvengerOne We can mention the name, as a dev did, but we shouldn't post the link.

@HolyAvengerOne We can mention the name, as a dev did, but we shouldn't post the link.

Why not? Honest question. If there's a rule against it, I'll gladly comply, but based on the https://fracturedmmo.com/terms-of-service/, all I see is something against advertising and this clearly wasn't advertisement.

Personally, I think enhancing the knowledge of and about the ecosystem in which your game thrive can only be enriching for the medium as a whole, especially given how niche is that market which we we're part of.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@lehuan5062 I think having your decisions stick with the character, gives meaning to your actions. It makes you consider possible consequences. This stimulates certain behaviors, discourages grieving and encourages true role play. In addition to this adds to the immersion of the game, and overall improves your experience. If you want to be the bad guy, have the world respond to it. If you reconsider your actions, you must still pay the consequences and be forced to redeem yourself. Should the devs choose to walk this path, they'll have plenty of material for good, immersive quests that actually feel real. Have purpose and meaning in the game world, even though it's an mmo.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

CoE certainly looks like a great idea and an ambitious one. However, I think Fractured fills a different niche that will attract a different crowd. Time will tell.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured