πŸ…³πŸ…°πŸ†πŸ…Ί πŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ…ΆπŸ…·πŸ†ƒπŸŒ’

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Will it be so dark at night that you will have to use torches, lamps or magic to illuminate the space around you? I believe that one night will be more dangerous monsters, you have to make an even more dangerous situation. Of course the location may be the glowing mushrooms, ,, "a small pit of lava," luminous insects, etc., which are not many to cover the location, and could also add light from the moon planet (if any). Would you like to see it in the game or not? Do we need a feature that will make the game really dark at night? I'm interested in your opinion, so let's discuss it together.
    P. S. Maybe this topic was, I don't know.

Forgot to mention the caves where you can't see anything.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Personally, I would love this idea; I found this game through an ad on the Camelot Unchained reddit, and they plan to have darkness as an actual game mechanic. If certain races like Demons have excellent night vision, while humans have horrible night vision and require items like torches to increase visibility (and also making themselves easier to spot in the process), then it could create a really interesting PvP dynamic at night. Of course, we would need to give humans incentives to go out at night, but I'm sure this could be done quite easily (special events, knowledge that can only be gained at night, demon deals to gain more power etc). The much harder part would be implementing all of the mechanics with nighttime, and that is something the devs will have to decide whether it's worth the time investment or not.

@basileus If my memory serves me correctly, night monsters and resources may appear at night. Some monsters will become more aggressive and all that

@muker How about we only have this dark night in Tartaros? And if they put it, rather than a torch I would prefer much more to have maybe a companion that lights up!☺

@pricelessshingle54 But what about the dark forest of arboreus, where the night light sources can be only insects and mushrooms (maybe). But what about the dark cave (by the way I forgot about them) in which at least the eyes was given, but nothing is visible. And other places where the light source can be the moon (if it is) and objects on locations.

wouldn't beastkin and demons have night vision? i could see just the humans having issues with it.

@jetah Yeah, good point, you gotta stop thinking like a man...

Good idea!
    Does anyone remember the dungeons and caves under Tristram in Diablo I? Awesome! : D

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I think a night cycle could work pretty well. Demons might actually be good to have some sort of buff and night, while humans could have one during the day and beastmen could be equally well able to deal with dark or light.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I think this is a good idea.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I was thinking a relatively good way to implement it in this game is to use a fog of war system, like in Starcraft 2. You can still see the terrain around you, it's just that you have no idea if there's enemies in it or not. Of course it would be super cool to have the fog of war completely black and you actually can't see anything, not even terrain, but some players might get lost easily (though to be fair, that's exactly what happens if you're human and you explore in the dark forest with no light source)! Naturally Demon's night vision would give them better vision range than humans even with torches, and same with Beastmen (though it would not be as relevant it's pretty much always going to be safe when they stay in their 'good' zones).

@muker
    Really depends on how long the day/night cycle is. If you log on to farm materials or as guild leader planned an event and you have to wait 30 min because you can't find crafting materials at night, that would be a bummer. I still like the idea but maybe there should be a spell that everyone can learn that illuminates a lot

Well, I would love to see a short period of time during the night time that was actually really dark. Tho I have to say that if it is too long it gets bothersome

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@mereni sounds pretty good

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured