What's on the Menu?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I'm interested in knowing what types of foods are available, and if you can survive on the planets with a restrictive diet or not?

I think that on any planet, almost any city, you can find food, so there will be no problem.

For example, if I want to only eat things that bleed, will I suffer in any way by avoiding berries, and fruits and plants or such?

I think the game is unlikely to be vitamins and nutritional values, so we will eat as a source of energy

Will it depend upon race? I know the beastmen, some will have taken form of obligate carnivores, some of herbivores, will they be able to eat of animal or plant kingdom equally as if they have evolved to become omnivores? Or will they need to stay within the restrictive diet their primal forms started with?

Beastmen are beasts, and beasts eat meat. Well, we can assume that deer will get debuff from eating meat products, but in this case, if they are still vegetarians, they will get more buffs from consuming this food: a stronger effect - whether it is more satisfying hunger or a positive effect to characteristics or skills. The same can be said about infernal. And vampires, in turn, generally can eat the blood, they will be missed.

Will demons be more powerful if they consume only by killing?

Killing is a way of getting food. Everyone kills, whether people, demons or animals, they all need food.

Could what we eat affect our constitution depending on our food choices in real life?

Funny thing to remember-in the game Fable, if the hero ate chicken, then received negative karma ( became a villain). In our case, we can assume that if the animals will eat their own kind CHADRA-tigers, UDOADRA-wolves, NHEEDRA-bears, ERWYDRA-deer (if they are certainly not vegetarians, and if so, the double effect of negative karma), HUMANS - people and Demons - like themselves.

ERWYDRA - deer ( unless they are vegetarians, and if so, the dual effect of negative karma).

So quickly people will be able to turn their heroes into villains.

@greenfire said in What's on the Menu?:

So that opens up the conversation, will players who wish to live a raw, vegan, or raw, carnivore lifestyle, be penalised in some way compared to players who cook?

I think if the players choose their lifestyle, then they will have to get certain buffs - the recovery of energy, mana, reduced potrebnosti food and so on

Will players who don't like to cook need to employ someone who likes to?

It is the players choice to eat quality food with great effect or not.

Will we encounter a culinary guild to meet the needs of those too busy to do for themselves, or like in UO, need to employ another character to do for us? Should we HAVE to?

Perhaps you can hire a chef from other people under the contract or agreement. Maybe it will be an exchange of iron resources for the pie.

Wanted my opinion? got xD

@muker Do you think though, that perhaps different types of food, might have different values? And if someone were perhaps to have a restrictive diet.... say a demon who only drank blood, they might miss out on some of the properties of a specific food because they refuse to eat anything other than their restrictive diet?

Or someone who chose to have a vegan character, if it means they suffer due to a lack of non meat food, should they gain a buff due to refusing to go against their ethics? What of someone who only wants to ever eat a particular food, perhaps a certain species of mushroom, if it's all they eat, could there be some mystical benefit to such a restrictive diet given how difficult it may be to obtain?

Or as you bring up, should cannibalism offer a debuff, depending on what your alignment is, and who your god is? Would cannibalism not be a source of power on a planet like Tartarus given it's your only source of food?

@vengu

Most of them are carnivorous, but it would be a bit strange if the hartkin could eat meat without any penalties whatsoever. I can't really imagine a deer eating the corpses if its enemies, except if its only alternative was death by starvation.

I could imagine it working like this:

Herbivores, such as the hartkin, would only get half as much satiation from meat-based meals, but 1.5x as much from vegetarian meals.

Carnivores, such as the wolfkin (and maybe demons) would get half as much satiation from vegetarian meals, but 1.5x as much from meat-based meals.

Humans would benefit equally from meat-based and vegetarian meals, but they'd get less satiation from raw/uncooked meals.

@greenfire

Do you think though, that perhaps different types of food, might have different values?

I'll eat fish cake > get a mana regeneration buff
    I'll eat a juicy meat steak top class> get a buff to the force
    and so on

And if someone were perhaps to have a restrictive diet.... say a demon who only drank blood, they might miss out on some of the properties of a specific food because they refuse to eat anything other than their restrictive diet?

Hmm, diet... What if I say GLUTTONY? With a large consumption of the same product, gray will be less to saturate themselves with energy and it will reduce the positive effects of it. It's all based on the fact that Rudnia he was tired ( live the same way every day is the same)

Or someone who chose to have a vegan character, if it means they suffer due to a lack of non meat food, should they gain a buff due to refusing to go against their ethics?

Let's say they have reduced physical strength, but increased intelligence. (balance required)

What of someone who only wants to ever eat a particular food, perhaps a certain species of mushroom, if it's all they eat, could there be some mystical benefit to such a restrictive diet given how difficult it may be to obtain?

I described the routine above. But let's say this food is really rare and valued.Let it be a delicacy. Delicacies-will have increased performance when used at the beginning of the month ( each new month the effect of X1, 2), but because of this you should not be upset, because the effect is already quite strong

Or as you bring up, should cannibalism offer a debuff, depending on what your alignment is, and who your god is? Would cannibalism not be a source of power on a planet like Tartarus given it's your only source of food?

Yes, it can be one of God's tasks or by doing so the player will worship him.
    Or I can offer a special title "cannibal" - it will be difficult to have, as will have to maintain its status. Your supply of satiety will be very quickly reduced, and it will be able to replenish only by eating their own kind and enemies in pvp. But it will have its bonuses, so do not worry. (but still I believe that it is unlikely to be due to problems with the balance in pvp)

@nelchael

Herbivores, such as the hartkin, would only get half as much satiation from meat-based meals, but 1.5x as much from vegetarian meals.
    Carnivores, such as the wolfkin (and maybe demons) would get half as much satiation from vegetarian meals, but 1.5x as much from meat-based meals.
    Humans would benefit equally from meat-based and vegetarian meals, but they'd get less satiation from raw/uncooked meals.

I believe, that from their products so and should to remain buff, and from opposite in 2 times less
    And people, in turn, will receive 0.75-0.85, or they should have a balance in such food, as when eating only 1 type of food they will reduce the effect of satiety

@muker said in What's on the Menu?:

Or I can offer a special title "cannibal" - it will be difficult to have, as will have to maintain its status. Your supply of satiety will be very quickly reduced, and it will be able to replenish only by eating their own kind and enemies in pvp. But it will have its bonuses, so do not worry. ( but still I believe that it is unlikely to be due to the balance in pvp)

I like this

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Greenfire @muker The game

have a original way to handle food and cooking. For them it's all about having a balance diet to get more buff/xp. Different recipe will contain a different amount of carb, fat, prot and vitamine. If you manage to eat well, then your progression is way faster. Also, in that game you need to eat to have energy to be able to work.

Something about balancing a diet to have buff could be nice.

@greenfire

I see nothing wrong with a Redeemed Demon eating humans they killed. They'd have to be evil humans so that could work.

It would be fancating for the character to have preferences to food. Although it'd be more to code it would be an interesting twist.

• Wiki Editor

I would like if there will be some demands of trading for food ingredients like a weekly market on a town.
    Something like, Daemons will trade with Salt and Spices, Humans with all things thats cultivable, while Beastmen will hunt for Meat and collected Fruits and Herbs.
    Every Master Chief will be able to make decent food from it, no matter which race. But to get the goods, you need to take a part from the other planets.

The kind of food can be very differented.
    If a beastmen chief want to get to learn the hot spicey Chillie con Carne, he has to go to Tartaros to find someone who teach him that.
    If a Daemon want to get the grilled rabbit on Mango and Ruccola, he needs to get a better ethos to be able to learn it from the great Chief of Arboreus.

@kralith said in What's on the Menu?:

I would like if there will be some demands of trading for food ingredients like a weekly market on a town.
    Something like, Daemons will trade with Salt and Spices, Humans with all things thats cultivable, while Beastmen will hunt for Meat and collected Fruits and Herbs.
    Every Master Chief will be able to make decent food from it, no matter which race. But to get the goods, you need to take a part from the other planets.

The kind of food can be very differented.
    If a beastmen chief want to get to learn the hot spicey Chillie con Carne, he has to go to Tartaros to find someone who teach him that.
    If a Daemon want to get the grilled rabbit on Mango and Ruccola, he needs to get a better ethos to be able to learn it from the great Chief of Arboreus.

problem with learning from other planets, especially Arboreus and Tartaros is that invasions will last 30 minutes earth time which could be a day game time. I don't see that as a long enough duration to learn how to cook.

I can see the Human planet as more of a 'best from all 3 planets' type of thing.

@kralith expanding on this, given that travel to learn culinary skills might be difficult as Jetah says (if not impossible really) I like the idea that we might have some things that are more sought after with regards to food we can create. +1 to gluttony cracks me up. I'm hoping to see you set up an artisanal avocado smoothie bar where it might cost a little more but I get a +1 privilege attibute for it.

• Wiki Editor

@Jetah and @Greenfire i did not said, that it will be easy and a short task 😉
    I could imagine this for a late game scenario.
    Like „You want to know, how to cook this, then prepare yourself for a rough path!“
    Same i can imagine not just for cooking receipes, but for all race specific knowledge.

@kralith

i see it being easier to teach and learn on the human planet.

• Wiki Editor

@jetah said in What's on the Menu?:

@kralith

i see it being easier to teach and learn on the human planet.

Well for that i have also no idea.
    But humans just have fast food, maybe it will be the challange not to get this receipes 😄

@kralith

lol!

We'll have to wait on the crafting spotlight for sure.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@greenfire Speculation is fine we have to talk about something. Food restriction could be funny lore-wise.

• Wiki Editor

Hehe, @Finland i was thinking right now about some rotten food at some areas, where people use them as a delicated special. If you are not used to it, you will get a terrible hurting stomach. 😉

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@kralith I have seen something with food restriction in WoW vanilla where you had to gather the right food to feed your pet. Every pet had their specific foods. So would be interesting to see things a race can eat and things a race can not.

• Wiki Editor

@finland I‘m very sure humans would have some issues with receipes from Daemons thats made by human blood 😄

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured