I'm just a curious MMO Head

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Prometheus no really sure if this was answered already, but what games inspired the devs n such to create this game ? And what is your guys main goal for this game? What made you guys wanna be so different from the rest ?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Hey Mikey 🙂 I like your question!

Personally, looking at the art style, it is somewhat reminding me of D&D's Planescape campaign setting. Curious to know if anyone else feels the same?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

The art style appears to be heavily stylized. It's commonly done to improve performance and make the game age better. I don't think we can judge their inspiration by that. Now that I think of it, this could very well be the answer: http://forums.linkrealms.com/topic/5480/the-past-future-of-linkrealms/5

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Interesting note regarding Linkrealms. I'm always curious what devs find inspiration in, especially when it's something unexpected (like a past gaming experience they had, rather than a specific game or book, for example).

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@vahn said in I'm just a curious MMO Head:

Interesting note regarding Linkrealms. I'm always curious what devs find inspiration in, especially when it's something unexpected (like a past gaming experience they had, rather than a specific game or book, for example).

They got the shit end of the stick on that mmo. They did do great but it could only do so far with the lack of tech that the mmo was based on

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@aries said in I'm just a curious MMO Head:

They got the shit end of the stick on that mmo. They did do great but it could only do so far with the lack of tech that the mmo was based on

Wind Blast is overpowered, therefore nothing positive can be said about Linkrealms or anybody involved with it

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@holya said in I'm just a curious MMO Head:

@aries said in I'm just a curious MMO Head:

Wind Blast is overpowered, therefore nothing positive can be said about Linkrealms or anybody involved with it

Yup there is still a lot of issues they didn't even get to that throws the favor of balance way off

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@holyavengerone i feel the same of you XD , that's why i can't wait for it!

• DymStudios - CEO

@Mikey14117 the are plenty of titles that inspired us to make Fractured. In the MMO department I can name a few:

• Ultima Online for the freedom and the emotions given by exploration.
    • Shadowbane for its town building and conquest mechanics.
    • Haven & Hearth for its survival side.
    • Guild Wars 1 / 2 for its character building.
    • Vanguard for its race characterization.
    • Talking modern stuff, I could name Albion Online - or better, its dev studio Sandbox Interactive.
    • etc etc etc.

Outiside of the MMO world, classic single player Action RPGs for the exciting and skill-based combat - you name them, there are so many! Tabletop games (D&D above all) and classic RPGs games (BG, Planescape) also inspired us for their character attributes, styles of magic, alignment...

I could go on forever.

Of course, most of the games I've mentioned are just inspirations - don't start thinking Fractured has, say, survival elements as hardcore as H&H - that's not the case 😄

In the end, we've felt that in the sandbox MMO world there was still a lot of room for innovation and I hope what we've revealed so far and the future spotlights will convey Fractured's potential in full! :slight_smile:

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@prometheus said in I'm just a curious MMO Head:

I could go on forever.

Of course, most of the games I've mentioned are just inspirations - don't start thinking Fractured has, say, survival elements as hardcore as H&H - that's not the case 😄

In the end, we've felt that in the sandbox MMO world there was still a lot of room for innovation and I hope what we've revealed so far and the future spotlights will convey Fractured's potential in full! :slight_smile:

I'm definitely thrilled to read that 🙂 I think having a rich and diverse gaming background is a good sign of having a broad vision on the topic, which can only help breed great ideas!

About the sandbox aspect, if you just make sure that 1) we've got plenty of sand in it and 2) provide a bunch of lil' shovels, rakes and other scoops, then we'll take care of shaping and molding you awesome sand castles and forms and whatnot 😉

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@holyavengerone said in I'm just a curious MMO Head:

@prometheus said in I'm just a curious MMO Head:

I could go on forever.

I'm definitely thrilled to read that 🙂 I think having a rich and diverse gaming background is a good sign of having a broad vision on the topic, which can only help breed great ideas!

About the sandbox aspect, if you just make sure that 1) we've got plenty of sand in it and 2) provide a bunch of lil' shovels, rakes and other scoops, then we'll take care of shaping and molding you awesome sand castles and forms and whatnot 😉

This! This is so important. Most sandbox games have sand, but don't give players spades and buckets to play with. You can't just throw players in an empty game and tell them to figure out a way to enjoy themselves. Doesn't look like Fractured is making this mistake though, judging by what has been revealed so far.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured