What about solo players?

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Usually in MMORPGs developer try to bring the community as close as possible. Group quests, guilds etc.

I'm somewhat of a mixture- I love guilds and playing with them- Though I like to get my goals on my own. Like, for example I prefer leveling a character to its cap level alone, instead with people. But at the same time what I like to do is farming FOR a guild or group.

The game is not even close to thinking about this but let's discuss about it- Atleast the community should!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@mita I prefer being in a guild but sometimes I want to play alone.
    Nowever in Fractured there will be a lot of feature that is easier if you play in group, for exemple if you will be mainly a crafter or a merchant

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I like both styles as well, tho I'm more into group.
    But the devs said the players will be allowed both styles 🙂

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

I always played solo, since my friends arent into mmos that much, but on this Ill try to play on a team

• TF#5 - LEGATE Banned

The problem with many online games is that you are forced to play with other people, or you will not succeed on your own alone (for example, for some games you can get the best armor only in clan castles). Not everyone wants to play with other people and even more so depend on them. If this game can combine a single game and a game in a group, while in both cases you can achieve the same results - it will be cool.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I am very much a solo player aswell. I am not really worried though because if certain activities are group orientated, I'll just treat it as a challenge. I am sure that strolling through the demon world alone is going to be risky, because one might get ganked by a group. This isn't really something that can be fixed through game mechanics unless only one player can attack another player at a time. 😛

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@vengu I agree bud, I usually like leveling up alone n just exploring on my own but with this game you gotta be carefully about it, but honestly at times I love guild action n pvp

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

everyone has his own way of playing i guess

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Lately (for most of the past decade, that is) I've preferred to either solo my MMOs, or play with a small handful of friends, here and there.

That said, I think I'm ready to pick a game or two and try and be a little more social, and guild-oriented this time around.

In the end I hope the game will support both, but I'll roll with it regardless.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I believe that there are many MMORPGs that stress too much on guild quests etc. This punishes a lot of the less active players or players who prefer to play alone/with friends. I honestly would prefer a MMORPG that does not stress too much on group activities but still allowing groups like guilds to form for some purpose.

I've been the solo type but do tend to run groups. There is always a way to solo don't worry

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@chrightt I feel this will come off as backhanded, but I really don't mean it that way.

Sincere question: if u wanna play a lone y ru evn considering an mmo? y nt go play Morrowind or sumthin'

@holya maybe he wants to play with others instead of his self 😀

• TF#5 - LEGATE

As Duke Nukem would say "I don't have time to play with myself"

@aries said in What about solo players?:

@holya maybe he wants to play with others instead of his self 😀

Don't we all, given we're all on an internet site about an internet game that isn't even close to release, eh? 😉 😛

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@holya I don't think you comprehend my statement. I said I prefer games that 'don't have mechanics too centered on large scaled mechanics because it undermines the smaller details very easily. I don't usually solo MMORPGs like many others who posted this thread. Please read everything and understand the situation before you post. As to answer your question, many people play a MMORPG "alone" because they prefer to solo stuff in a game made towards "MMORPG" not "single player content". Playing a MMORPG solo feels different from playing a singleplayer game if you have enough gaming experience to understand. However, this does not mean that people who want to play solo will actually "solo" through the whole game. They have the option to meet helpful people along the way or invite friends to play with them.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@chrightt
    what you said, and what you meant were different things, but fair enough.
    Still, it seems like you're applauding the "feel" of an MMO, while complaining about the thing that creates that feel: forced social interaction, and or group activities being much more lucrative.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I'm also a loner ... I do not like people ...

I'm mostly a solo gamer, and enjoy MMOs in which I can do that. However, I've also been in some great guilds and enjoyed it immensely. I do frequently just want to hope on a game and solo for a couple hours, so I'm mostly a loner.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Solo players in mmos are cancer. They end up destroying the entire point of having an mmo.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured