What about solo players?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

How can you thinking of playing solo in the MMO, its meaningless!

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@foxs said in What about solo players?:

How can you thinking of playing solo in the MMO, its meaningless!

agree 🎯

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

im prefer play alone or guild

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@outlawhero Singleplayer games offer a much more in depth singleplayer experience. Why are you looking for it in an mmo, if you don't really want to play with other people?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I think some of us like playing solo because there are some morons among gamers... like few of the people that posted against soloing in mmo here.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@tulukaruk i'm sure you can find smarter things to say, other than insulting people. Everyone here wants a great game. Cheap remarks don't help anyone!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@darian I'm just a lowly shadow demon. I insult back people that insult me 😛 And just explain to me how saying that my way of playing is cancer and it's meaningless helps anyone?

An explanation for some of you who want to understand: playing mmo solo can still be competitive and brings that false sense of achievement that single player game cannot. Especially achieving on your own something that others need help with is fun.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@tulukaruk Fair point, but if the game caters to such play-style, then everyone dose it, and the sense of achievement vanishes. You said it yourself! What excites you is the fact that you could manage to solo where others need a team to succeed.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

None of my friends play MMOs, and I live in New Zealand which has a timezone that's kind of awkward. So it tends to be tricky for me to find guilds that are active at the same time I am available to play, so there's a tendency for me to get stuck playing solo even when I'd rather have people to group up with.

Level gaps between myself and people with more playtime than me exacerbate the issue - but at least this part hopefully won't be a huge issue in Fractured.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@darian there can be content allowing to solo while making it easier in group and there can be content requiring you to be in a group (fast simple example few switches that have to be used at the same time). There can be combat mechanics allowing you to solo and there can be combat mechanics that will simply kill you if you're solo. It doesn't need to promote solo play to be a good game for solo players.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Let's be honest guy's solo players are just as important as group players. Namely just cuz when there is a solo player that person tends to have more items then a group player. So it's mainly a one stop shop when it comes to finding item's that people would sell. Yeah those item's might be more expensive but let's face it it would be a lot harder to gain in a group run and taking the chance of the roll of the dice to obtain. I have always been one of those solo players but I will run in groups. Solo players are always hated but in reality there just as important as the game itself

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Personaly, I like to play, most of the time, solo, as I'm in a guild. I don't say I'm an asocial, but I like to do msome quests and follow the story alone. Yes, sure, a MMO is to be played with other players, and I never said I never play with others, but sometimes, as it is a MMO, play a little bit alone could be fine 🙂 After, everybody has his own opinion and his way to play, if someone want to plys alone in a MMO, why not ? 🙂

• Wiki Editor

I think an MMO should have both kind of playstyle.
    Means, it should have content you can do solo and content where you need a group.
    I always liked it in Salem to be able to do build and farming alone, when i'm coming home and just wanted to do some stuff.
    But i was always happy to have together tasks, hanging around with coplayer and having fun.
    An MMO is for me to have the possibility to have interactions with other whenever i want.
    An MMO thats forced to play always together, because there is no content you can do alone is more annoying than enjoyable, because there are moments you maybe just want to do some minor tasks and chat while it with other people, or even just being silent and independent.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I've played in Games where playing Solo and being in a guild still worked, it's the System and the Guild itself that determines that. You can look at ESO and see many people playing Solo but you do your trading within the guild, share using the Guild store and chat with guild mates even while your off on your own. Also you occasionally join with a guild mate to do the occasional Dungeon or Hard Quest line where help is needed.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I like to partake in all aspects of the game; solo, groups, raids, guild, etc.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

The nature of a Sandbox, due to the freedoms it gives, will inherently make group play much stronger than solo play. That said there can definitely be some good systems put in place to make soloing fun, and I hope they do that.

I really hope they make it easy to find groups of players to play with though. The hardest thing for me when I join an MMO is that I want to play with a group, but don't know anyone in the community yet. So having an easy way to ease into the community as a whole would be awesome!

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I appreciate having the choice to do things alone if I want to, but I expect an MMO to require some form of group content to progress.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

As an introvert I often just don't want to deal with people and just want to play solo.
    So I hope there is enough solo content in the game too.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Naturally, sandbox MMOs will play out better with a group, and groups will all round have a huge advantage. They could definitely make playing solo fun, however, those can potentially end up making groups even more effective if they aren't careful.

I'll be most likely bringing my five hundred man gaming community into Fractured in the future(I really don't enjoy any game solo).

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Such games are not about playing alone. I can go straight to Witcher or Fallout

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured