about flag

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@finland

Hurting. I'll say it again. Hurting. It doesn't say looting. It says hurting.

0_1526829543927_Screenshot_2018-05-20_16-18-49-hurt--TEMP.png

Pictures are great, right?

If I loot a player, it won't hurt him. It won't inflict physical pain. He won't lose hit points. I don't know how else I should explain this. You can't just assume that looting = hurting when they're two very, very different words with different meanings.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@nelchael dude I never said that the meaning oif the word Hurt means stealing. Stop trying to be smart cause you are looking the opposite. I hope that someone else will join this discussion and will try to explain it to you with other words.

@finland said in about flag:

@nelchael dude I never said that the meaning oif the word Hurt means stealing.

Hurting = stealing and killing, not only attacking

• Wiki Editor

@finland @Nelchael

I don't know what the devs intend, but based on my interpretation, I may have to go with @finland on this just because of:

If you flag yourself as Neutral, you can perform hostile actions against any other player. This includes attacking, stealing, and murdering.

Hostile is harmful

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@nelchael that was to explain what's gonna happen in the game and not that the word means that.

@kellewic

But that's exactly my point. Attacking, stealing, and murdering.

If you attack someone, you're flagged as Aggressive.
    If you steal from someone, you're flagged as a Thief.
    If you kill someone, you're flagged as a Murderer.

All very different things with different consequences.

Let's imagine an example. Player A tries to fight a mob, and loses. He is knocked out. Player B comes along, and steals his equipment. If this flags him as aggressive, player C can just come in, kill player B, and take both his gear and the stuff he stole from player A with no penalty. Does that really make sense to everyone here?

In my version, after player B steals from player A, he's forced to become Neutral, but not Aggressive. This means that, if player C comes in and kills him, he gets the loot of A and B, at the cost of being flagged as Aggressive. That, to me, sounds a lot more fair.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@nelchael said in about flag:

You are missing the fact that in the game there will be just one flag. That flag is called Aggressive. Thief status means that Aggressive flag will last more (24h). Murderer status means that Aggressive falg last more (48h).

That, to me, sounds a lot more fair.

that would be not fair. People shoud take actions versus Thiefs. The police is good!

Let's make it easier and let's ask to @Specter

• Wiki Editor

@kellewic

But that's exactly my point. Attacking, stealing, and murdering.

All very different things with different consequences.

Let's imagine an example. Player A tries to fight a mob, and loses. He is knocked out. Player B comes along, and steals his equipment. If this flags him as aggressive, player C can just come in, kill player B, and take both his gear and the stuff he stole from player A with no penalty. Does that really make sense to everyone here?

In my version, after player B steals from player A, he's forced to become Neutral, but not Aggressive. This means that, if player C comes in and kills him, he gets the loot of A and B, at the cost of being flagged as Aggressive. That, to me, sounds a lot more fair.

I understand your point, but I wasn't arguing dev intentions or fairness; just what the Spotlight says.

If stealing is a hostile (harmful/hurtful) action and the Spotlight says hurting (it doesn't say attacking) a Good or Neutral player flags you as Aggressive then stealing must flag you as Aggressive.

• Wiki Editor

You are missing the fact that in the game there will be just one flag. That flag is called Aggressive. Thief status means that Aggressive flag will last more (24h). Murderer status means that Aggressive falg last more (48h).

That's not what the Spotlight says

The Aggressive flag lasts for a few minutes only, but some particularly despicable actions like stealing or executing a player may add additional conditions (such the aforementioned Thief and Murderer flags) that last for a much longer time.

and those "additional conditions" are restriction of alignment choice.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@kellewic said in about flag:

The Aggressive flag lasts for a few minutes only, but some particularly despicable actions like stealing or executing a player may add additional conditions (such the aforementioned Thief and Murderer flags) that last for a much longer time.

quote:

• Thief. You get this when stealing from a Good or Neutral player. It lasts for 24 real-world hours, and prevents you from choosing a Good Alignment.
    • Murderer. You get this when executing a Good or Neutral player. It lasts for 48 real-world hours, and forces you to pick an Evil alignment.

Thief and Murderer will falg you as aggressive.

• Wiki Editor

quote:

• Thief. You get this when stealing from a Good or Neutral player. It lasts for 24 real-world hours, and prevents you from choosing a Good Alignment.
    • Murderer. You get this when executing a Good or Neutral player. It lasts for 48 real-world hours, and forces you to pick an Evil alignment.

Isn't that what I just posted? Thief and Murderer are completely different flags from Aggressive that restrict what alignments you may choose.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

quote:

Isn't that what I just posted? Thief and Murderer are completely different flags from Aggressive that restrict what alignments you may choose.

quote again from the spotlight:

particulary actions may add additional conditions. what are thise actions? Thief and murderer flags.

• Wiki Editor

quote:

quote again from the spotlight:

Let's break that down:

The Aggressive flag lasts for a few minutes only

but some particularly despicable actions like stealing or executing a player may add additional conditions

(such the aforementioned Thief and Murderer flags) that last for a much longer time

3 flags
    Aggressive lasts for a few mins
    Thief from stealing lasts 24h and you can't choose Good alignment
    Murderer from killing lasts 48h and you can only be Evil

Thief and Murderer are not extensions of Aggressive

If I knock someone out I'm Aggressive (let's say it lasts 5 minutes). I then steal from them, I'm also a Thief (24h) and let's say I'm Neutral.

If you come along 6 minutes later (after my Aggressive flag expires) and attack me, you are the aggressor because I'm Neutral and no longer flagged as Aggressive.

Even if stealing flags me as Aggressive, that flag does not last 24h - the Thief flag does.

Since Murderer limits my alignment to Evil, it's the same as being Aggressive for 48h but I'm not flagged as Aggressive, I'm flagged as Murderer and the result of that flag is a limitation of alignment choice.

quote:

True, but

Thief and Murderer will falg you as aggressive.

I really don't see how you arrived at that conclusion.

You are missing the fact that in the game there will be just one flag. That flag is called Aggressive.

Just, no. A few quotes from the spotlight:

Last but not least, the two following criminal flags restrict your Alignment selection as well:
    Thief. You get this when stealing from a Good or Neutral player. It lasts for 24 real-world hours, and prevents you from choosing a Good Alignment.
    Murderer. You get this when executing a Good or Neutral player. It lasts for 48 real-world hours, and forces you to pick an Evil alignment.

such as being flagged as Thief or Murderer or losing Karma.

The spotlight treats them as very different things. If you want to believe there's just one flag, your choice, but that's not what the article says at all.

• Wiki Editor

However, I do think just stealing will flag you as Aggressive (for a few minutes) and Thief (for 24h) based on various parts of the Spotlight already pointed out.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@kellewic Well that' was easier to explain tho. the point is that thos actions will treat you as Evil so good players can punish you. I really don0t care how ya look at it I was just trying to explain it easly but prolly was not the best Idea.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I really don't see how you arrived at that conclusion.

Just different names but the purpose is the same treat you as Evil.

@finland

The purpose of the Thief flag can't be to treat you as Evil if the article literally says it forces you to be Neutral. Neutral and Evil aren't the same.

Why would we have three different flags if they all did the exact same thing?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

However, I do think just stealing will flag you as Aggressive (for a few minutes) and Thief (for 24h) based on various parts of the Spotlight already pointed out.

Stealing will flag as Thief. A thief can be hurted by good players.

Stealing will falg as Thief. Thief can be hurted by good players.

Yes. With a consequence. If a Thief isn't Aggressive or Evil and you kill him, you'll be flagged as Aggressive.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured