Community Call - Translation Help Needed!

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@prometheus said in Community Call - Translation Help Needed!:

Hi everyone! We need some translation help from English to the following languages:

• Spanish
    • (Brazilian) Portuguese
    • French
    • German
    • Russian
    • Polish

Below you can find the texts that we need to translate!

Forum texts:

• Introduce yourself to the Fractured community!
    • Discuss Fractured and let us know of your suggestions and ideas.
    • Got a question? Ask the developers of Fractured and the community!
    • Promote your future guild or let the world know you're looking for one.

AD1 texts:

• The Dynamic MMO
    • The first open-world Sandbox MMORPG featuring action combat, interactable environments, no grind, player-driven economy and universe colonization. Join the revolution!

AD2 texts:

• The first Sandbox MMO-ARPG where your race selection has a real impact on your gameplay. Join the revolution!
    • Humans: Total Free Will
    • Beastmen: Living In Harmony
    • Demons: Blood And Terror

AD3 texts:

• Forget about old MMORPG clichés and enter a world where every item is crafted by the players. Join the revolution!
    • Crafters And Merchants
    • Farmers And Shepers
    • Miners And Woodcutters
    • Hunters And Scavangers

AD4 texts:

• Tired of MMOs where the fun begins 80 hours after you’ve started playing? Join the revolution!
    • Jump Right Into The Action
    • Goodbye Grind, Welcome Knowledge!
    • Every Day A New Gameplay

As you can see, we'll be pushing localized Fractured ADs to different communities worldwide. We're doing this now to maximize user subscriptions before the beginning of our Kickstarter campaign.

Many thanks to everyone who will volunteer to translate them - you're directly contributing to the success of our Kickstarter!

( I'll also throw in some Foundation Points as reward, of course 😉 )

Cheers,
    Jacopo

(Brazilian) Portuguese translation

Forum texts:

• Apresente-se à comunidade Fractured!
    • Discuta Fractured e deixe-nos saber suas sugestões e idéias.
    • Tem uma dúvida? Pergunte aos desenvolvedores do Fractured e à comunidade!

translator note: the literal translation for "question" is "questão". "dúvida" is the translation for "doubt", but in portuguese, in this context, they are synonyms and it's used more often this way.

• Promova sua futura guilda ou deixe o mundo saber que você está procurando uma.

AD1 texts:

• O MMO Dinâmico
    • O primeiro MMORPG em Sandbox de mundo aberto com combate de ação, ambientes interativos, sem grind, economia orientada pelos jogadores e colonização do universo. Junte-se à revolução!

translator note: any regular brazilian MMORPG gamer call the action to kill monsters repeatedly "grind" or "grindar" as a verb, although this neologism does not exist in formal language. The noun should be something like "grindação", "grindagem" or "grind" itself, but again, it's a word for internet only. The formal translation for the noun "grind" is "moagem", but only a newbie and/or google translator user would use this in a MMORPG context. So this is a decision on whether going more formal or going for a MMORPG player oriented language (I'd rather the later).

translator note 2: I considered Sandbox a proper noun for the specific technology. The literal translation for sand box is "caixa de areia". But you would use that only if you had a cat, not on the internet. 🤣

• Inscreva-se HOJE para ter uma chance de ganhar uma chave PRÉ-ALFA!

AD2 texts:

• O primeiro MMORPG de Ação em Sandbox onde a sua seleção de raça tem um impacto real no seu jogo. Junte-se à revolução!

translator note: a few changes here. Every gamer knows what MMORPG is, but the term ARPG is not as common.

• Humanos: total livre arbítrio
    • Homens-besta: vivendo em harmonia
    • Demônios: sangue e terror

AD3 texts:

• Esqueça os velhos clichês de MMORPG e entre em um mundo onde cada item é criado pelos jogadores. Junte-se à revolução!
    • Artesãos e Comerciantes
    • Agricultores e Pastores

translator note: I assumed you meant shepherds here, otherwise I don't know what "shepers" means 😛

• Mineradores e Lenhadores
    • Caçadores e Catadores

AD4 texts:

• Cansado de MMOs onde a diversão começa 80 horas depois de começar a jogar? Junte-se à revolução!
    • Vá Direto Para a Ação
    • Adeus Grind, Bem-vindo Conhecimento!

translator note: check the note about grind above.

• Todo dia uma nova jogabilidade

final translator note: I just kept most capital letters as they were written. The basic formal rules are the same than in english, only at: phrases start, proper nouns, etc.

That's it. A second opinion woudn't hurt tho

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@prometheus Oops... Need to more sleep, and the already and grammatical mistakes do. Cursed session.
    What a shame....
    I fixed it, please check.

@muker oh, you edited the original post, I didn't notice. Thank you! 1000 points added! 🙂

A couple questions:

• Is the "Постухи" actually a shepherd - the generic word?
    • Does "боевые действиями" mean "action combat" (the type of combat of ARPG games, like Diablo or Path of Exile)? Because I'm afraid it means "combat actions", which has a very different meaning 🙂

@Lohen @Kralith what's the big deal with "join the revolution"? 😄 Does it sound strange because it sounds real-life political?

mhhh very good question 😄
    "join the revolution" sounds like you need every single one to make something new and big
    of course you need the playerbase but you DO the new
    we want to take part on your journey
    so feel or experience the revolution sounds like something is actually going to happen
    it cant be stopped you know 😄

• Wiki Editor

@Lohen @Kralith what's the big deal with "join the revolution"? 😄 Does it sound strange because it sounds real-life political?

Your intention is, that the people want to join your dream of a new gamedirection. But we want to feel it.
    In your sentences always was an question in kind of "are you tired about...", that points a feeling.
    We all want that revolution and we all look forward to join it. But the point is, we want to feel it, as much we felt pain in the past or want to get a feeling about good old days.
    I was wondering about, why my translation sounded so stiff in german, but i guess thats a good point to think about the how to say, that it will be special to be with.

So Lohens Translation of "Erlebe die Revolution!" is more like "Live/Experience the Revolution" or how @Jetah said above: "I'd prefer "experience or feel the revolution" in english instead of "join".."

@kralith said in Community Call - Translation Help Needed!:

Your intention is, that the people want to join your dream of a new gamedirection. But we want to feel it.
    In your sentences always was an question in kind of "are you tired about...", that points a feeling.
    We all want that revolution and we all look forward to join it. But the point is, we want to feel it, as much we felt pain in the past or want to get a feeling about good old days.
    I was wondering about, why my translation sounded so stiff in german, but i guess thats a good point to think about the how to say, that it will be special to be with.

So Lohens Translation of "Erlebe die Revolution!" is more like "Live/Experience the Revolution" or how @Jetah said above: "I'd prefer "experience or feel the revolution" in english instead of "join".."

@Prometheus (gonna tag you also) To me Experience the Revolution is more about me making a difference or becoming a difference. Join feels more like I'm there as a number but don't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Honestly I'd do some split advertising between Experience, Join and Feel to see which is clicked more!

@jetah

Just adding my own two cents here, but to me personally "experience the revolution" feels like watching a movie, whereas "join" means having an actual role and doing something. I guess it's different for each person.

@nelchael said in Community Call - Translation Help Needed!:

@jetah

Just adding my own two cents here, but to me personally "experience the revolution" feels like watching a movie, whereas "join" means having an actual role and doing something. I guess it's different for each person.

that's why i said to do some split advertising.

when you join will you be able to do anything or will you be another number in corporate paperwork?

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@logan Good work irmão

@jetah said in Community Call - Translation Help Needed!:

Honestly I'd do some split advertising between Experience, Join and Feel to see which is clicked more!

+1
    this is a good idea 😄

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@muker Прекрасный перевод) 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

• Wiki Editor

To me Experience the Revolution is more about me making a difference or becoming a difference. Join feels more like I'm there as a number but don't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

@nelchael said in Community Call - Translation Help Needed!:

@jetah

Whats about "Be the Revolution!" ?
    I mean if we mix this in too, it would describe all the possibilities.
    I guess there are so many interpretations, we will not find one point to describe all in one. 😉

We also could combine "Join and feel The Revolution!"

@kralith

Be the Revolution is also good. Sounds like a call-to-action phrase. It sounds like the person is to be proactive to get things done.

• Wiki Editor

Exactly! That was one of my first thoughts too.
    Join is more like "Go to school", Experience and feel like consuming.
    Be is the direct point to do something you want to do, to be creative and to carry the sense of.

Hmm... somehow we sound all a bit dramatic in our ideas 😄
    But i like it! 🙂

How about "Revolution is Here!" ? 😉

@gothix

but i had no parts in that happening. so it sounds passive.

@gothix

but i had no parts in that happening. so it sounds passive.

Yeah. Most gamers are lazy / slackers and prefer others do stuff for them. So to most of players "revolution is here, I can be lazy and just enjoy the results" will sound more appealing. 😉

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Присоединяйтесь к революционной игре!

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

greetings, my translation:

Textos del Foro:

• Presentate ante la comunidad de los foros de Fracture!
    • Comentar sobre Fracture y haznos saber tus sugerencias e ideas!
    • Tienes una pregunta? Preguntale a los desarrolladores de Fracture y a la comunidad!
    • Promociona tu futuro gremio o hazle saber al mundo que estas buscando una

AD1 texts:

• El MMO dinamico
    • El primer MMORPG sandbox de mundo abierto ofreciendo accion de combate, ambiente interactivo, sin rutina, economia impulsada por el jugador y colonizacion del universo. Unete a la revolucion!
    • Registrate HOY por la oportunidad de GANAR una LLAVE DE LA PRE-ALFA

AD2 texts:

• El primer MMO-ARPG Sandbox donde la eleccion de tu raza tiene un impacto en tu jugabilidad. Unete a la revolucion!
    • Humanos: Libre voluntad total
    • Hombre bestia: Viviendo en harmonia
    • Demonios: Sangre y terror

AD3 texts:

• list itemOlvidate de los viejos cliches de los MMORPG y entra a un mundo donde cada item es fabricado por los jugadores. Unete a la revolucion
    • Fabricantes y Comerciantes
    • Granjeros y Vaqueros
    • Mineros y Leñadores
    • Cazadores y Carroñeros

AD4 texts:

• Cansado de los MMO's donde la diversion empieza despues de haber jugado 80 horas? Unete a la revolucion
    • Salta justo a la accion
    • Adios rutina, Bienvenido sea el conocimiento!
    • Cada Dia Una Nueva Jugabilidad

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@renuro12 said in Community Call - Translation Help Needed!:

greetings, my translation:

Textos del Foro:

• ¡Preséntate ante la comunidad en los foros de Fractured!
    • ¡Comenta sobre Fractured y haznos saber tus sugerencias e ideas!
    • ¿Tienes una pregunta? ¡Pregúntale a los desarrolladores de Fractured y a la comunidad!
    • Promociona tu futuro gremio o hazle saber al mundo que estas buscando uno.

AD1 texts:

• El MMO dinámico.
    • El primer MMORPG sandbox de mundo abierto que ofrece acción de combate, ambiente interactivo , sin rutina (or grind), economía impulsada por el jugador y colonización del universo. ¡Únete a la revolución!
    • Registrate HOY para tener la oportunidad de GANAR un CÓDIGO (key is llave in spanish but we're not talking about door locks right? :P) DE LA PRE-ALFA.

AD2 texts:

• El primer MMO-ARPG Sandbox donde la elección de tu raza tiene un impacto real en la jugabilidad. ¡Únete a la revolución!
    • Humanos: Libres de voluntad total. (kinda weird)
    • Hombre bestia: Viviendo en armonía.
    • Demonios: Sangre y terror.

AD3 texts:

• Olvídate de los viejos clichés de los MMORPG y entra a un mundo donde cada objeto es fabricado por los jugadores. ¡Únete a la revolución!
    • Fabricantes y Comerciantes.
    • Granjeros y Pastores.
    • Mineros y Leñadores.
    • Cazadores y Carroñeros.

AD4 texts:

• ¿Cansado de los MMO's donde la diversión empieza después de haber jugado 80 horas? ¡Únete a la revolución!
    • Salta justo a la acción. (kinda weird too)
    • ¡Adiós rutina (or grind), bienvenido conocimiento!
    • Cada Día Una Nueva Jugabilidad.

There you have everything well written with all the question and exclamation mark, dots, the accents and typed without misstakes (in bold)... I doubt if you didn't use any translator but anyways, hope to help you.

• DymStudios - CEO

I forgot to update this - 1,000 points added to @Logan! Lots of BR players expected in the coming days 🙂

Time to close this thread, big thanks to everyone who contributed! 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured