Biomes and Expanding the universe

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I know this is a bit forward, but after watching the video on what they have already with the biome generating. I think with the lore they should eventually expand the world to different planets like the system they have going now. These different planets should be vastly different and have some that are habitable and some that are non-inhabitable.

This may equate to the same function as moving away from home and the mass of other players and allow people to stake out places in the world. The other function I could see this having is setting up biomes and different worlds that have increasing difficulty and are much harder to go to.

The awe from first arriving on a world where danger is everywhere would make people want to get to the point where they could go there and see what is available. I think some procedural generated worlds with extremely expansive dungeons and depth to them would allow people to explore forever.

Thinking ready player one esque where it would take multiple years for even one of the biomes / planets / areas to be fully cleared would have people that would be needed for building and gathering resources to throw at it. The naturally skilled and tactical to tackle the location and the extremely dedicated to get the the end of one the zones.

Of course having different rewards along the way would allow people to get into the action without having to go full in but giving people the unlimited expanse to just dive as deep as the ocean can take them would bring a truly amazing experience!

edit: I also wanted to note that sword art online the anime does this quite well too where there is just an expanse of time that it takes its players to reach the end of the world, this would allow people that want to invest to do so. It makes those jobs that are sorta capped to have meaning as they would need endless supply to pour into the people taking the leap into the unknown.

Don't be afraid to bring difficulty, this is both the age of information where boss kills spread like wild fire and people will ban together in forums and in game to challenge anything you throw at them. I bet that the difficulty will draw crowds and including people that have craved this adventure for years.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

i'd love to see that done in an Age of the Empires kind of way. with the knowledge system there could be a way for the factions (planets) to research technology. Once something has been found then resources are gathered to pursue and complete it. This could eventually lead to spaceships where we have a multiple planets while trying to research wormhole (some type of faster than light) technology to go beyond the solar system.

@jetah Instead of keys that were used in previous games like WOW to get into dungeons it would be really cool to have these planets buried behind this technology gap. It would / could require multiple different technologies and research from multiple different planets and or activities to allow access so there must be people working at all places in the world.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@mrchipps I asked that (to expand the univers) months ago when I suggested more race to implement. Atm I doubt they will do it just cross our fingers :fingers_crossed: for the future. I also hope for more planets, races, mechanics, everything.

@finland More races might be cool but in reality I would just like to see more places. It may be cool to have those places in the game and then expand the lore and races later on into those areas once they are kinda left behind due to progression or whatever else may occur in the economics.

@mrchipps said in Biomes and Expanding the universe:

I know this is a bit forward...

Not at all, @Finland would love to have dinner with you 😉

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah Will be hard to compete with EVE Online 😛

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

This is going to be awesome!

@benseine funny but it isn't a competition. space would be a means of travel not necessarily a destination. DS could have a space expansion where space is the destination but it would compete with planets and i'm not sure if DS wants that.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@benseine I hope that will not a game that mind to compete with EVE and at the same time I hope that EVE players stay there.

Yeah I would like to see it stick to the fantasy genre and out of the sci-fi.

@mrchipps

humans have steampunk style technology. My thought was more of having an mmo that went through different technology changes as the story progressed.

start with stone age to copper age to iron age to information age to space age, as examples.

@jetah Now this I can get behind. I just misunderstood you in the beginning. I would love to see changing technology eras or have it so that every era exists but there are just hard to obtain or more worthwhile things to obtain consistently through the game

• TF#10 - CONSUL

In my point of view not. Changing era means changin look also. I love the aspect of medival/fantasy style I would not play in an era like shifi for example or modern.

@finland Completely agree. Part of what interests me in games is the aesthetic and timeframe. If it were to significantly advance, that's a no-go for me.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Agreed, I think a "big world" feel is extremely important. From what they've discussed in their video(s), the semi-randomly generated world-building software they use should make this a reality for sure.

@mrchipps it wouldn't be for Fractured but for another game.

@Finland you know you can still have sci-fi and still be whatever theme you want. look at steampunk, that could be setup with a science theme.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah My ideal fantay is TLOTR. So I really doubt I could accept scifi

@finland

figured the medieval part out, already.

@jetah I wouldn't mind the professions giving rise to different things that accent the gear and items in the game.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured