Summary of the first Q&A.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Thanks for taking the time to create a summary.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah said in Summary of the first Q&A.:

I'm with @Gothix on the guild system. I hate that a sandbox game is going to force a player out of a guild because of an alignment change. That should be up to the officers whether to kick or keep. A guild system should be open to everyone.

This system also prevents guilds from switching alignments too.

That isn't a sandbox system, it's a theme park system.

Lolling hard.. why a demon should be in a guild on Syndesia or Arboreus where a Demon can not live? Angels will be allowed to stay there. I find it fair. For me they could add citi restrinction where evil are forced to go on Tartaros to interact with npcs. Ya just want a FFA that's not the meaning of a sandbox. They are doing a great job.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@princecorwin said in Summary of the first Q&A.:

@vengu said in Summary of the first Q&A.:

Only Humans and Beastman can live permanently on Syndesia so both of them can join Human guilds.
    Demons can only stay permanently on Tartaros, and for that reason can only join Demon guilds.

I think he mentioned that Angels can stay on Syndesia. You should double check that tho.

I didn't say anything about Angels but yes, they should be able to stay permanently on Syndesia which means they can join Human guilds. 😛

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vengu Angels should be allowed to stay on Arboreus too. I suppose that Good humans can join Arboreus guilds too considering they got like 12h/day restrinction time there.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@finland said in Summary of the first Q&A.:

@vengu Angels should be allowed to stay on Arboreus too. I suppose that Good humans can join Arboreus guilds too considering they got like 12h/day restrinction time there.

They can stay on Arboreus for 12 to 24h, not permanently, so I doubt they can join a Beastman guild. With that said, if the devs decide Angels are allowed to live permanently on Arboreus, good Humans should be allowed to live permanently on Arboreus as well.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vengu I don't see the point to unallow good humans to guild up there with Beasts. 12h are alot of time, more than what a normal player would play daily. So to me it's permanently. Anyway Somehow I hope they will allow to guild up with beast and let good humans play there with their friends for 12h/24h.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vengu I don't see the point to unallow good humans to guild up there with Beasts. 12h are alot of time, more than what a normal player would play daily. So to me it's permanently. Anyway Somehow I hope they will allow to guild up with beast and let good humans play there with their friends for 12h/24h.

Personally I wouldn't mind it. I don't think the devs consider 12 hours to be permanent though, so you'll have to convince them. 😛

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vengu for example: If I log for 4-5 hours every day it's like permanent.I would burn just 5h of the 12h daily. I think that Carebears may be not only beastmen but also humans or Redeemed Demons (Angels) why don't give hem the option to play there safly :P.

• DymStudios - CEO

@gothix said in Summary of the first Q&A.:

I really don't like how guild locking system works, heavily restricting who can join your guild. Demons seem specially disadvantaged in this aspect.
    "Demons cannot conquer and/or control cities on Syndesia." -- Also demons seem disadvantaged here.
    From what I see so far, if one wants to play evil, it's a lot better got go human, drop your karma and be evil, then play as demon. You get a lot more freedom like that.

Yes, you do have more freedom playing as an Evil Human since you can settle both on Syndesia and Tartaros, but you're missing out on a lot of stuff, namely:

1. The unique traits of the three Demon families, explained here and here. For instance, if you're playing a Shadow Demon, you enjoy unique bonuses at nighttime, cap increases on Strength, Dexterity and Perception, and Affinity to Perception. That's a lot of useful stuff for Thief/Assassin/Scout builds which an Evil Human doesn't get, although it might use tech to make up for it in a way.
    2. The racial bonuses Demons enjoy while on Tartaros.
    3. The racial bonuses Demons enjoy while on Syndesia during an Eclipse.

Arboreus and Tartaros are very specific outliers for players who really don't like PvP and for players who want a really unforgiving PvP environment. Syndesia appears to be the broadest and most fleshed out planet, with intricate guild politics, the full spectrum of alignments, etc.

Who said Tartaros doesn't have city building & conquest & the "intricate guild politics"? It does! 🙂

@Jetah @Benseine Fractured is a sandbox but one with a strong lore and racial characterization, which comes with several unique design choices. That being said, as I've also mentioned in the streaming, perhaps these restrictions will change or will go away as a whole. Alpha will tell!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vengu for example: If I log for 4-5 hours every day it's like permanent.I would burn just 5h of the 12h daily. I think that Carebears may be not only beastmen but also humans or Redeemed Demons (Angels) why don't give hem the option to play there safly :P.

I agree, and if the devs decide to let Angels stay on Arboreus permanently, good Humans should be allowed to stay permanently as well. They should probably have to do a divine quest first though just like the Angels. Like I said, it's the devs you have to convince, not me. 😛

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@prometheus said in Summary of the first Q&A.:

Arboreus and Tartaros are very specific outliers for players who really don't like PvP and for players who want a really unforgiving PvP environment. Syndesia appears to be the broadest and most fleshed out planet, with intricate guild politics, the full spectrum of alignments, etc.

Who said Tartaros doesn't have city building & conquest & the "intricate guild politics"? It does! 🙂

Oh yes I know, but Humans have the whole alignment thing going for them. Good vs bad, bad vs bad, maybe even good vs good. On Tartaros I am pretty certain it will be all about loot and pillage in the end. And backstabbing, lots and lots of backstabbing.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vengu you know how this kind of things works around. I talk about my point of view and I try to find more that likes it or thinks the same. More people = more chance to make it real. My lonely opinion does not make change things in the game 😉 I mostly talk also to see wha other thinks. For sure I don0t want to see it destryed by removing restrinction and allowing Demons or Evil to play freely around. At the same Time if they plan to remove Guild Restrinction I hope to have an admin panel where set up my restrinction like: alignment restriction and auto kick if someone change or lose alignemtn/kama.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vengu you know how this kind of things works around. I talk about my point of view and I try to find more that likes it or thinks the same. More people = more chance to make it real. My lonely opinion does not make change things in the game 😉 I mostly talk also to see wha other thinks. For sure I don0t want to see it destryed by removing restrinction and allowing Demons or Evil to play freely around. At the same Time if they plan to remove Guild Restrinction I hope to have an admin panel where set up my restrinction like: alignment restriction and auto kick if someone change or lose alignemtn/kama.

Personally I think players should be allowed to choose between race-restricting their guilds or alignment-restricting. That would allow good aligned Beastmen guilds to recruit Humans. There have to be some restrictions though, a Beastmen guild with Demons wouldn't make sense. It's also great to keep evil Humans out of your good aligned Human guild.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

That would allow good aligned Beastmen guilds to recruit Humans. There have to be some restrictions though, a Beastmen guild with Demons wouldn't make sense. It's also great to keep evil Humans out of your good aligned Human guild.

Well I would like to see it by default otherwise an option to set it up like you said 😉

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@prometheus lore aside, i don't see why my friends and i have to be in different guilds because of an alignment or race difference. There will be guilds that might want humans and beast/demons because they're a trade guild. that means they can communicate easily or they'll just use their characters and chat/speak on discord.

lore wise, it could be locked to RP characters or guilds. I could see a human having a demon slave which would be in the same guild.

this assumes that players are locked to 1 guild. There are games where a character can join up to 3-5 guilds. There are games where guilds can be in alliances (with an alliance chat). There are games where guilds can pledge alliance to other guilds and be brought under their banner (sub-guilds).

then we have the limited membership of guilds.

I guess this will have to be a different topic.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Nice summary, goes quite in detail in many different aspects, I like it.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vengu thanks 🙂 great work!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Thanks for this btw, makes for good reading at work.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Excellent summary @Vengu

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I feel special because I asked some of these questions 🕶

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured