Summary of the first Q&A.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Translations:

I've made a summary of all the answers given by Prometheus during the first livestream. I hope everything here is correct. If not, @prometheus please correct me. 😛

DEVELOPMENT:

• The devs are going to advertise Fractured a lot before and during the Kickstarter.
    • The devs have a clear vision for the game. The way PvE and PvP on the 3 different planets is being handled right now is a core design pillar and won't be changed.
    • The developers want to involve the community on the decision making for Kickstarter rewards. They want to know how much you're willing to pay, what you want, etc.
    • The devs have no concerns about the game but they do have business concerns. They are a young team and they have experience making MMOs, but they are not well-known developers who can rally a fanbase behind them just by name alone. Thats why they're showing as much of the game as possible, to prove to the fans that they can make Fractured.
    • When developing Fractured, one of the design pillars was to make the game accessible to solo players. Albion Online is one of Fractured's biggest competitors, but is not very fun for solo players. That's why the developers wanted to make Fractured fun for solo players and small groups as well.
    • The pledge packs available during the Kickstarter will move to the website after the Kickstarter.
    • No plans as of today to launch Fractured on Steam. The devs are afraid of putting Fractured on Steam too soon, resulting in bad reviews. Once Fractured is very polished and out of beta, they will consider it.

FORUM, HERO/GUILD PROFILES AND THE FOUNDATION:

• The Foundation rewards are exclusive to the Foundation. Not sure yet if Kickstarter will grant Foundation points.

RACES & RELIGION:

• Abominations cannot stay permanently on Syndesia.
    • Divine quests are a requirement for becoming an Angel.
    • There are no plans for additional races.
    • You can change your religion after picking one.

PLANETS & ASTEROIDS:

• The chances of losing your gear on Arboreus is quite low. Most creates on Arboreus aren't evil, and for that reason those creatures won't kill you when you're unconscious.
    • You cannot switch your alignment to evil on Arboreus.
    • Demons have unique resources on their planet just like the other races have unique resources on theirs.
    • Planets are flat maps, not spherical. Eclipses and day/night are simulated as if the planets are spherical though.

EXPLORATION AND SURVIVAL:

• Dead players cannot be resurrected.
    • Dead players respawn at the nearest town.
    • Unlocking abilities is generally an activity for solo players. However, that doesn't mean you can't do it with it a group. Every ability can be unlocked solo.
    • Dungeons are mostly accessible to solo players, except for the large bosses but they are not a big part of Fractured.
    • Farming, building a house, etc can all be done solo.
    • You can obtain knowledge and resources from dungeons.
    • Humanoid creatures drop currency.
    • There are no plans to have some items not drop on death.
    • Exploration is a key component of Fractured's gameplay due to the Knowledge System.
    • The devs might implement tutorial missions but it takes a lot of resources to develop. Also, they might implement some city missions from institutions in a city for gaining reputation with said city.
    • There is no ESO-like NPC thieves guilds in Fractured. You can make your own player-run thieves guild though if you so desire.

EMPIRE-BUILDING:

• If the guild allows it, you can live in their town even if you aren't part of the guild owning that town.

COMBAT AND KNOWLEDGE SYSTEM:

• The devs will consider cooldowns on negative status effects to prevent permanent stunlocks.
    • You can slot 8 skills on your hotbar. Slots are shared with items.
    • There are several DoT-based spells.
    • Many status effects have damage over time consequences.
    • Due to the horizontal progression of the game, there won't be a huge difference between new players and veteran players powerwise.
    • There's no skill fusing or morphing, but many spells synergize with each other.
    • Monsters have immunities and weaknesses. Don't try to fight a fire elemental with fire, or shoot arrows at a rock monster.
    • The time to kill in PvE and PvP will be higher than what you saw in the gameplay video. Burst damage will exist, but there will also be many ways to defend against it.

PVP:

• You can steal items from the inventory of unconscious players, flagging you as a thief in the process. You can't steal gear though unless you kill them, which flags you as a murderer.
    • Prometheus wants to make a dedicated Q&A about the PvE vs PvP debate.
    • To counter zerging, there's currently player collision but the devs don't know if this is going to be sustainable in a crowded world.
    • If you're good, and your opponents are not, you can win a 4 vs 1 battle. This also depends a lot on your build. Builds are generally situational. If your opponents have a build that counters yours, you will have a hard time defeating them even if they aren't as skilled.
    • Demons cannot conquer and/or control cities on Syndesia. They can however be part of a war on Syndesia, and they can raid cities.
    • During an eclipse, demons will keep their Tartaros bonuses while invading Syndesia, giving them a big advantage during an Eclipse. Others races don't have this advantage because Humans have no bonuses, and Beastmen only have their bonus on Arboreus.

CRAFTING, EQUIPMENT AND ECONOMY:

• Everything in Fractured is crafted. Gear, food, buildings, etc.
    • Equipment is easily replaceable.
    • There's no strictly better gear. Gear is situational. Gear doesn't make you more powerful.

GUILDS:

Guilds are planet-based. In order to be a member of a guild, you have to have permanent access to that planet. If you do something that causes you to lose your permanent stay on a planet, for example because you got exiled, you will be kicked from the guild.

• Only Beastman can live permanently on Arboreus so they are the only ones able to join Beastmen guilds.
    • Only Humans and Beastman can live permanently on Syndesia so both of them can join Human guilds.
    • Demons can only stay permanently on Tartaros, and for that reason can only join Demon guilds.
    • Evil Humans and good Humans can be part of the same guild.
      They might change it if it's too complicated or the community wants more freedom.

SERVERS AND TECHNICAL INFO:

• The devs aren't planning to open up APIs right now. It might happen just before the release of Fractured or after. Not during alpha for sure.
    • No plans yet for a customizable UI.
    • Fractured is not going to be released on mobile, because it was never developed with mobile in mind.
    • Customizable UIs for Twitch streamers is not a priority unless Twitch streamers really ask for it.

MONETIZATION:

• There will be race and family-specific cosmetics in the cosmetic shop.
    • The price of the game is going to be discussed with the fans, but expect it to be around $20-$30.
    • There will be a lot of cosmetic that will change the appearance of your equipment or the skin of your character. Most of them will be texture-based, the more expensive ones will be particle-based.
    • The devs don't know yet if they want to implement a VIP subscription. IF they do it, it will only be about timesavers and little bonuses.
    • Fractured will not sell lootboxes in the cash shop, but you can obtain lootboxes from the Foundation and from ingame activities. You will buy your cosmetics from the cash shop directly, no gambling.

MISCELLANEOUS:

• The Fendyr pet does not feast on the corpses of the Demon's victims, but if Demon players want a pet that does gory things, the devs don't see why not.
    • NPCs will not get older. It would take too much time to implement and it wouldn't be really tied to other major Fractured features.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vengu I just went home form work I'm watching now the Q&A right now and I hade the same idea to make a thread with all answer but you are always the best ;). Nice work tho if it's not a problem I take this and I will translate it for the Italian community 😉

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@finland said in Summary of the first Q&A.:

@vengu I just went home form work I'm watching now the Q&A right now and I hade the same idea to make a thread with all answer but you are always the best ;). Nice work tho if it's not a problem I take this and I will translate it for the Italian community 😉

Sure, go ahead. I just need Prometheus to look over these answers to make sure they are correct. 😛

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vengu I'll do it too tomorrow it's too late and I'll finish to watch the video tomorrow. I there will be something missing I'll write here ;). Anyway again Good Job.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Thank you very much for this.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Excellent summary, thank you very much for this.

• Wiki Editor

Thank you much for the summary!

For last entry, i liked it how Prometheus said "No gambling", that exact the right sense that make me believing i'm on the right place! 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

If those planets are flat, does it mean earth is flat too ? Nice summary, as always 😄 (who asked for the Fendyr and the dead bodies ? x) Could be pretty cool)

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vengu great work!

Thank you for that summary! 😃

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Not bad. I'm liking a lot of these points.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Alright, Prometheus contacted me and there were only a few small notes. The most notable change is:

• you cannot switch your alignment to evil in a good-aligned area on Arboreus.

Changed to:

• you cannot switch your alignment to evil on Arboreus.

I really don't like how guild locking system works, heavily restricting who can join your guild. Demons seem specially disadvantaged in this aspect.

"Demons cannot conquer and/or control cities on Syndesia." -- Also demons seem disadvantaged here.

From what I see so far, if one wants to play evil, it's a lot better got go human, drop your karma and be evil, then play as demon. You get a lot more freedom like that.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@esher said in Summary of the first Q&A.:

If those planets are flat, does it mean earth is flat too ? Nice summary, as always 😄 (who asked for the Fendyr and the dead bodies ? x) Could be pretty cool)

OH NOES! The earth is flat!
    Now i am scarred to fall of the edge....

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix said in Summary of the first Q&A.:

I really don't like how guild locking system works, heavily restricting who can join your guild. Demons seem specially disadvantaged in this aspect.

"Demons cannot conquer and/or control cities on Syndesia." -- Also demons seem disadvantaged here.

From what I see so far, if one wants to play evil, it's a lot better got go human, drop your karma and be evil, then play as demon. You get a lot more freedom like that.

I have the feeling that's exactly the plan. Syndesia seems to mimic the typical mechanics you see in most other similar sandbox games. It's also the first planet and race they're focusing on for development. Arboreus and Tartaros are very specific outliers for players who really don't like PvP and for players who want a really unforgiving PvP environment. Syndesia appears to be the broadest and most fleshed out planet, with intricate guild politics, the full spectrum of alignments, etc.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Thank you for taking the time to type this out! Lastly can we talk about how sweet possible pet interactions with the environment could be.

ok maybe im just a sucker for cosmetic pets.

I'm with @Gothix on the guild system. I hate that a sandbox game is going to force a player out of a guild because of an alignment change. That should be up to the officers whether to kick or keep. A guild system should be open to everyone.

This system also prevents guilds from switching alignments too.

That isn't a sandbox system, it's a theme park system.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

This is definitely awesome. Thanks.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah I agree that it doesn't go well with a sandbox. Maybe the basic guilds should have it like they described, but guilds can unlock the abilities to add other races or alignments through devine quests, big ones that are a guild effort, like making a shrine to a specific god in your guild settlement.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@vengu said in Summary of the first Q&A.:

Only Humans and Beastman can live permanently on Syndesia so both of them can join Human guilds.
    Demons can only stay permanently on Tartaros, and for that reason can only join Demon guilds.

I think he mentioned that Angels can stay on Syndesia. You should double check that tho.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured