I want to get excited but...

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@specter said in I want to get excited but...:

@kellewic Beastmen cannot change their good alignment to anything else while on Arboreus.

Oh, i missed that piece of info as well.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@finland said in I want to get excited but...:

@phaethonas gankers should not play if they are low and just want easy kills. So the answer is: no games for them.

Well, who expresses hate now? Unlike you, I want everyone to have a game to play. Even pay2winners, and I hate p2w.

Regardless, at the very least, it seems that you finally agree with me, that gankers should not and will not be catered at Fractured. Similarly, and for the same reasons, care-bears should not be catered. Catering either will bring unbalance to the game, especially its economy, and as such the game will collapse.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@phaethonas oh comeon Gankers can still gank on Syndesia and Tartaros. I don't care about few low player that are scared to gank pro pvp players. Those kind of players should go to the bar and drink some tea instead showing up on MMORPGs. It's just reality not hatred.

This is my 100th post. Woot! 😎

What to write, hmm. Lets just say I luv ya all, even the "PvE folk". And I'm gonna give you so much luv in game when it releases. 😄

@phaethonas oh comeon Gankers can still gank on Syndesia and Tartaros. I don't care about few low player that are scared to gank pro pvp players. Those kind of players should go to the bar and drink some tea instead showing up on MMORPGs. It's just reality not hatred.

The only reality here is that the game has mechanics that won't allow ganking. No matter how many times you claim that Fractured will be able to cater to gankers, you still will be wrong, because the game's mechanics discourage/won't allow ganking

@Phaethonas @Finland Fractured will not have ganking for the simple reason that it does not have levels, and all people start with access to full stats and EQUAL maximum skill slots CAP in a skill bar.

This means all 1vs1 fights will not be ganking but will be fair fights and a better player will win.

Only small advantage is possible due to one player having a bit better gear, or bit more alternate builds to chose from, but since skill bar is limited having more skills does not mean you can use them all in a fight so that's not really a huge advantage.

So the only way to gank someone is by bringing a group of people to attack single player, but not in 1 vs 1.

And since Fractured is a full loot MMO, this means that old players can lose all gear they have (and often will), and there will not be a huge gear gap between anyone really. Fractured be mostly about player skills, and group organisation.

So people can stop "ganking" discussions really. This is not that kind of MMO.

And if someone doesn't have skills to play, well, then that is his own problem, and not a problem of other people that are also playing Fractured. He can play, practice and get better.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix said in I want to get excited but...:

This means all 1vs1 fights will not be ganking but will be fair fights and a better player will win.

If someone goes gathering and someone ambush him that's ganking. For sure if the game is well made on Arboreus they will have not much to care about. I think that focusing on stealing shits from beasts is silly. We are going to do siege wars and to me looks way more achieving. Siege weponz to destroy enemy guild Castles.

• @gothix said in I want to get excited but...:

Fractured will not have ganking for the simple reason that it does not have levels, and all people start with access to full stats and EQUAL maximum skill slots CAP in a skill bar.

I think it just depends on what your definition of ganking is. Ganking, to me, is ambushing someone when you have a strong advantage. If I'm playing a build that can go invisible, I can sneak up on someone fighting a mob, wait until they get low health, then finish them off. That would be a gank imo.

I do think some people are overly concerned by ganking though. On top of your point about equal armor/stats, this isn't a moba where you have to worry about fog of war. If someone isn't running invisiblity, you'll see them coming which gives you time to run away or prepare to fight.

@gothix I believe this is incorrect. progression will be linear so while there will not be disparity in levels one player may well have a steep advantage in having progressed farther in the knowledge system and have access to much better skills. Ergo you can (and will) be ganked.

@Phaethonas @Finland Fractured will not have ganking for the simple reason that it does not have levels, and all people start with access to full stats and EQUAL maximum skill slots CAP in a skill bar.
    [...]

So people can stop "ganking" discussions really. This is not that kind of MMO.

And if someone doesn't have skills to play, well, then that is his own problem, and not a problem of other people that are also playing Fractured. He can play, practice and get better.

My point(s) exactly.

Thank you for putting it, in another/one more/better/more detailed way.

If someone goes gathering and someone ambush him that's ganking.

That is not ganking!

That is open world pvp. If you don't like it, go to a game that will not have open world and/or it will not have pvp. Fractured is build around the open world and the sandbox paradigms. I have told you, so many times, Fractured won't be a game you will like. This is why you go left and right and whine constantly about core mechanics/features of the game and decisions made by the devs.

Such as, when you wanted to add instances at an open world sandbox game! lol

@gibbx said in I want to get excited but...:

@gothix I believe this is incorrect. progression will be linear so while there will not be disparity in levels one player may well have a steep advantage in having progressed farther in the knowledge system and have access to much better skills. Ergo you can (and will) be ganked.

Your analysis does not take into consideration a number of things, including, but not limited to, the following;

a) there are safe zones, including one (called "nests") at Tartaros, which won't allow pvp. These can be used by new players in order to be safe. There they will progress their knowledge system, enough, in order to be able to be competitive.

So, after you have progressed enough in your knowledge tree, there will be no more "better skills", but rather more skills and more combinations of skills.

Sure that brings the question of "how much is enough", but this is a question that will be answered during testing. Once this "enough" "quantity" is found, the player will be able to progress that much, within the said safe zones (e.g. "nests").

As such, when this player ventures out of the safe zone(s), he/she will not be in direct and clear disadvantage over another, more "knowledgeable", player.

b) You won't be able to have all skills active at the same time, neither all can be at your ability bar.

So, after a while getting deeper in the knowledge tree won't offer you any direct advantage over another player. The only advantage you will have is that your character will be more versatile.

I, for example, will have only tanking skills, but you on the other hand will have tanking and healing skills. This will allow you to run a hybrid or switch between a healer, a tank and a hybrid.

• Wiki Editor

Since gear and skills have been described as situational, my guess is even a player who has played longer/has more knowledge can still be caught at a disadvantage. If I'm sneaking around on my assassin based character ready to jump someone with my poison blade and that person happens to have some high resist to that, that might not be good for me and my ambush.

Just an example since we don't really know the skills or gear types/bonuses might exist.

Also since there are no set classes, it's always going to be a risk attacking another player since you'll likely not know what their set up for skills/gear is at that time.

@target Same for me! I'd love to play that race.
    I do hope that dying will cause some punishment

• TF#3 - ENVOY

There will always be a battle between players who want to play a single player pve and those who want more interaction. Balance is the key I guess.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I think it will be very interesting to see how the players divide up amidst the races.
    As in most MMOs there's always one faction (or race in this instance) that seems to draw more of the player base.

@apolleon

consider there are 4 beastkin races, 2 human and 3 demon. I suspect DS believes they'll have more beastkin than human or demon.

I'd assume there'll be a lot more humans, since they're the 'moderate' faction, with the most freedom and least penalties. Politics will matter a lot more for humans as well, so players who are interested in these things will most likely make human characters. Probably a lot of hardcore crafters as well, since humans will get exclusive technologies.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured