Insurance / blessing system?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Fractured features item drop on death. Players who die have to return to their corpses to retrieve their gear and items.

This system was popularized by Ultima Online, which also featured a "blessed item" system in which certain items were NOT dropped on death. Later in the game's development, it became a bit too easy to bless items with increasing common blessing scrolls, and eventually players were able to bless items by repeatedly paying (trivial amounts) for "insurance", having to pay to re-insure each time they died.

Does Fractured have any conditions in which select equipment is not dropped to corpse, such as legendary weapons that soulbind?

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@fibs I think this is bad, since it detracts from the thrill. If you're not taking risks, everything is easy, and easy means boring. Still I wouldn't completely dump the insurance idea. I mean, you could have items insured for a small weekly fee, and should you loose them, the insurance company could pay reparations. The fee would be established based on your reputation with the company. Still this could totally be done by enterprising players with the already planned in-game mechanics, so devs don't really need to create new systems.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@darian said in Insurance / blessing system?:

@fibs I think this is bad, since it detracts from the thrill. If you're not taking risks, everything is easy, and easy means boring. Still I wouldn't completely dump the insurance idea. I mean, you could have items insured for a small weekly fee, and should you loose them, the insurance company could pay reparations. The fee would be established based on your reputation with the company. Still this could totally be done by enterprising players with the already planned in-game mechanics, so devs don't really need to create new systems.

I was hoping more for a very limited blessing system, primarily in that "soulbound" items (such as legendary weapons for The Prophesied Hero) can't be looted so they may as well follow you back to your respawn, yeah?

And also, knowing the decay time on corpses would be helpful. I presume corpses can't be looted by other players on Arboreus etc

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@fibs

only thing i dont want is your undergarments. rest is ok to use.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@fibs said in Insurance / blessing system?:

I presume corpses can't be looted by other players on Arboreus etc

You can be loted everywhere except on Arboreus safe zones. Looters will be punished as said in the pvp spotlight.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured