Patch Log - b.0.1e (Crafting Taxes, Harbor Protection & Bug Fixes)

@dracokalen
    you seem to be making a wrong assumption. You think that you should farm materials and then craft at will a certain number of trash items to get to that 4/4.

This is not how this works. This game does not like when you trash items. Anything crafted must have a value. You get to 4/4 over a long time, while crafting AND SELLING items to players. It is not something you grind by farming resources, it is something you reach by playing as a dedicated crafter over a long period of time. Sure, someone managed to get to 4/4 like that, but that was not the intended way and now it is starting to get fixed.

And I have no idea where your "Big guilds have unlimited gold" mindset comes from. Big guilds have no particular advantage over gold farming than other players do.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@spoletta said in Patch Log - b.0.1e (Crafting Taxes, Harbor Protection & Bug Fixes):

@dracokalen
    you seem to be making a wrong assumption. You think that you should farm materials and then craft at will a certain number of trash items to get to that 4/4.

This is not how this works. This game does not like when you trash items. Anything crafted must have a value. You get to 4/4 over a long time, while crafting AND SELLING items to players. It is not something you grind by farming resources, it is something you reach by playing as a dedicated crafter over a long period of time. Sure, someone managed to get to 4/4 like that, but that was not the intended way and now it is starting to get fixed.

And I have no idea where your "Big guilds have unlimited gold" mindset comes from. Big guilds have no particular advantage over gold farming than other players do.

Are we playing the same game?
    First you can only have 20 items per auction board
    Second I filled the auction boards in my area and hardly anything sells and that was before this moronic change. Now I'm going to have to double and triple my prices for stuff that doesn't sell anyway.

It's pretty obvious you have no idea whats going on in game.
    You take a guild and brake up into teams and roll through goblin hotspots, then you hit bandit, then different trolls type.. Easy 40k gold in an evening. Meanwhile individuals and small guilds can't touch that.

The amount of gold matters only when related to the amount of persons doing it.

Yes, a big group will farm 40k in an evening, but they will also need a lot more gold than a solo player, so I still fail to see your point.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@spoletta its not linear... a group will make all players in the group more gold per hour then solo player, alot more.

• Content Creator

@dracokalen You know, I filled up my marketplace initially too, and with mostly the stuff I used to get my mastery, so nothing special, and yes, it 'wasn't' selling. Or not that much, here and there, then it stopped

Now that the taxes have been added, and I adjusted my prices to compensate for the tax cost (plus I dumped anything of Normal Quality or less) I am selling 2 or 3 pieces every day. Am I making a mint, NO, but I'm at least making my taxes+base back, and a little bit for materials.

As for big groups over individuals and money making, it is partly a matter of where you hunt. I know, as much as I love hunting with my GF and Sister for instance, when we come together to hunt in the Storm elemental area, we make about 2k per hour, when me and Storm break up and individually hunt the elementals, each pick an island and run it, it goes to about 4k per hour, so more isn't always going to be the case.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@spoletta said in Patch Log - b.0.1e (Crafting Taxes, Harbor Protection & Bug Fixes):

The amount of gold matters only when related to the amount of persons doing it.

Yes, a big group will farm 40k in an evening, but they will also need a lot more gold than a solo player, so I still fail to see your point.

No that is completely untrue. It doesn't seem like you even have a basic grasp of what's going on

A larger organized group can pull in twice the amount or more PER PERSON then a solo player. It's a really big difference

Also, no one should have to grind gold. I should not have to spend 5 hours grinding gold just to be able to craft pieces I can't sell and have to throw away.

My observation so far is that none of the developers even have a basic grasp of economics in game. You just see one thing and make changes without even considering the repercussions!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@GamerSeuss said in Patch Log - b.0.1e (Crafting Taxes, Harbor Protection & Bug Fixes):

@dracokalen You know, I filled up my marketplace initially too, and with mostly the stuff I used to get my mastery, so nothing special, and yes, it 'wasn't' selling. Or not that much, here and there, then it stopped

Now that the taxes have been added, and I adjusted my prices to compensate for the tax cost (plus I dumped anything of Normal Quality or less) I am selling 2 or 3 pieces every day. Am I making a mint, NO, but I'm at least making my taxes+base back, and a little bit for materials.

As for big groups over individuals and money making, it is partly a matter of where you hunt. I know, as much as I love hunting with my GF and Sister for instance, when we come together to hunt in the Storm elemental area, we make about 2k per hour, when me and Storm break up and individually hunt the elementals, each pick an island and run it, it goes to about 4k per hour, so more isn't always going to be the case.

Not really the point. A big group can fly through an area collecting gold while a solo player of the same level in the same area can't. It takes a solo person or even a smaller group longer, ending up having to camp fire more which leads to a much smaller per person haul.

I don't want to come off as rude, but if devs go in a certain direction, and multiple veteran players tell you that it is indeed a good direction, maybe you should reflect on the fact that you are possibly not considering something and you should spend some time looking for possible mistakes in your arguments instead of telling people that they are clueless about what they are doing.

After having the new players experience this system, the biggest issue they have is in it being applied to the items crafted in your own house. They don't have an incentive to build the crafting stations in their houses.
    I can agree with this, and I would propose (if technically possible) to lower the base fee (not the taxes) associated with crafting by 35% for tier 1 and 15% for tier 2 if you craft from your own crafting station.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

The situation of the whole economy is a bit messy why it is hard to see that bandaids would help for that. Yeah some random gold sinks can be thrown here and there but those easily come with cost of player experience. Players play games for fun and if they feel that things are getting too grindy or some fees does not make any sense to them, they simply play something else. Players do not care how much a game needs sinks for example, they want to play a fun game with enjoyable systems. If players (like some people in this thread) do not see why they should even use crafting stations on their own plot or why to pay for crafting just to realize that items will not sell.. Is that players fault or a flaw in the design?

It is reasonable to add gold sinks, with small fees, a little bit everywhere. However, the locations should be where extra fees makes sense and can be easily agreedable by the players. Player houses could be left out of extra gold sinks but in trade you can make better quality items in city stations, for example. If gold sink fees are getting too high in general, just to get enough gold out of the game, then there is a fundamental problem with the economy and it cannot be fixed only by adding new fees and raising the current ones.

Taking a cut of profit, from an item which is sold in the market place, does not feel as bad as a cut during crafting process. Selling extra bank tabs, rerolls for talents, KPs, attributes are good places for utilizing gold sinks. Bank tabs could cost a good amount but rerolls can be much smaller because those are something what players can do over and over again. Every crafting station could cost a little in towns but the fees needs to be small enough so that players still feels their actions are benefical. Even a small fee can feel bad if the crafted items are useless or hard to sell, for example. Therefore, one important thing is to make most of the items relevant which are also easy to sell for profit. This part is not working properly atm either why in the first place even the smallest extra fees can feel bad.

I am curious to see if any improvements will happen to the whole economy in general and the next real test awaits when summer content patch is released. Until then, popcorns. 😎

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured