Upgradable Pets

• DymStudios - CEO

@ioracle said in Upgradable Pets:

It's already kind of there cause the fendyr becomes a fire fendyr

Yes, but it's still a cosmetic pet :slight_smile:

@jetah said in Upgradable Pets:

@prometheus I'd suggest adding some as rewards from bosses. Destiny 2 had issues with all cosmetic rewards being obtainable from loot boxes. There was no reason to kill raid bosses each week after your gear was capped because there was nothing there.

Some premium items will come from in-game activities too, sure.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@prometheus I would hope that there is a form of tinkering and mechanical pets. Of all the things I liked about vanilla WoW it was tinkering (explosive sheep? yes please) and the fact that some of the best stuff was for tinkerers only. Pets were a big selling point initially for me.

@mazikar

English version it's Engineering profession that had that.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I actually prefer cosmetic pets. Sucks to have a load of pets running around flooding the screen honestly. I hope there is an option to turn off pets (like turning off all pet visuals if they don't matter that much other than cosmetics).

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@chrightt I feel the same but about cosmetics, I much rather have actual combat bets that you need to fight if in PvP and what not. I find cosmetics are more annoying because they are always little tiny things that just yap and do nothing else.

here's the problem with allowing cosmetic pets to be hidden. it prevent advertisement from paid skins. One desire of selling skins is that someone else will see (not the person that bought it) and wants it enough that they buy the same skin.

@chrightt on guild hunting nights in most games the leaders make it mandatory that everyone put away their pets durring events for just this reason. I am not a fan of people being able to turn off pets entirely though as they are indeed status symbols.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@mazikar said in Upgradable Pets:

@chrightt on guild hunting nights in most games the leaders make it mandatory that everyone put away their pets durring events for just this reason. I am not a fan of people being able to turn off pets entirely though as they are indeed status symbols.

Well, I think status symbols can be earned much better in other ways. For people who don't always run on a high end laptop, I definitely prefer the option of turning off pets rather than making it optional for other people to lag my ass off.

@miffi said in Upgradable Pets:

@chrightt I feel the same but about cosmetics, I much rather have actual combat bets that you need to fight if in PvP and what not. I find cosmetics are more annoying because they are always little tiny things that just yap and do nothing else.

Yeah, but if pets actually do something it will be mandatory to have a good pet (yet pets can't be OP) and mandatory to use them.... which turns into stupid pets biting my while flooding the whole screen (because everyone will be running one as long as it deals even a tiny bit of damage.)

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@chrightt From my understanding the cosmetic pets wont do any damage, so the only use I can see them being is the whole 'pick up items' for you deal. Which is useful but I agree, them flooding the whole screen is annoying. It also does remove immersion a bit if EVERYONE has a pet lol but thats a minor issue compared to it just flooding the screen.

Its never bothered me in Diablo, but then again its only 4 people. Will be interesting to see how it works out. I am just glad that pets are in the game. I guess I would be cool with whatever is implemented as its not entirely my place to make you look at my pet.... but... its so fuzzy!

• Question about damage of pets / tamed monsters: they sure will be affected by passives ( for example Udoadra pack bonuses) and team buff abilities (like Inspire skill). But do bonuses increasing damage of the caster like Death mark do also apply (as it more looks like a debuff on enemy that multiplies damage, because you "put a mark on a creature")?

@asspirin said in Upgradable Pets:

Question about damage of pets / tamed monsters: they sure will be affected by passives ( for example Udoadra pack bonuses) and team buff abilities (like Inspire skill). But do bonuses increasing damage of the caster like Death mark do also apply (as it more looks like a debuff on enemy that multiplies damage, because you "put a mark on a creature")?

no bonuse 'of the caster', aka self buff, should apply to other people. unless there's a debuff you place on the enemy but that isn't a buff.

• @Jetah Yep, i thought so, however description of abilities would use some detailed informations - Path of Exile did it well, you know what weapon it needs, its range, cast speed, passives that improve it´s damage, gems, that can improve it etc. Description of Death mark (and im sure many others abilities in near future) is little confusing, as it is self buff, but part of the ability is also "cursing" the enemy to be dealt more damage by you (seems to me like Amplify damage of the Necromancer - but it´s not stated what it amplifies. In case of Diablo II it specifies that only physical damage is amplified. Here we have to take a guess. Let´s just hope Necromancy will offer some form of curses.

@Jetah said in Upgradable Pets:

@prometheus I'd suggest adding some as rewards from bosses. Destiny 2 had issues with all cosmetic rewards being obtainable from loot boxes. There was no reason to kill raid bosses each week after your gear was capped because there was nothing there.

The same would be valid even if bosses had cosmetic pets as well. There would be no reason to kill them each week after you've gotten your cosmetic pets from them...

@Gothix
    that usually happens. i know people stop farming old content when they get the things they want but until then!! i just want some cosmetics for those that can't buy them. which is why i suggest play-wall cosmetics and a way to trade items for cash shop currency (even if it's a separate currency).

@Daz said in Upgradable Pets:

Pets start as cosmetic, but u can upgrade it to also be a combat pet, then upgrade it further to allow access to your vault etc the list goes on.

Pets being able to give you some extra inventory on the road, by carrying a bag for you is something that would fit the game.

But as there is no worldwide access to your vault/bank/storage or whatever, getting access through a pet would not make sense then.

In baldurs gate one of my favourite spells was find familiar, being able to talk to your pet and ask it what it thought was a good plan was fun

@Yitra said in Upgradable Pets:

@Daz said in Upgradable Pets:

Pets start as cosmetic, but u can upgrade it to also be a combat pet, then upgrade it further to allow access to your vault etc the list goes on.

Pets being able to give you some extra inventory on the road, by carrying a bag for you is something that would fit the game.

But as there is no worldwide access to your vault/bank/storage or whatever, getting access through a pet would not make sense then.

Black Desert has the mount with cargo space and it's pretty neat. also it doesn't have instant access to all storage so each town/bank is unique storage.

There should be a drawback to mounts with inventory space too. They should move slower for example.

It would be fun if we was able to customize mounts like characters with "mount points" that would be limited to same number for all mounts and then we could be able to assign these points to:

• riding speed
    • inventory space
    • amount of armor (how much you can be hit before being dismounted)
    • perhaps something else

@Gothix said in Upgradable Pets:

There should be a drawback to mounts with inventory space too. They should move slower for example.

It would be fun if we was able to customize mounts like characters with "mount points" that would be limited to same number for all mounts and then we could be able to assign these points to:

• riding speed
    • inventory space
    • amount of armor (how much you can be hit before being dismounted)
    • perhaps something else

a horse with a side saddles would move as fast as one without. but really there's no sprint every where thing so a walk/gallop should be normal speed.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured