gamigo Data Transfer

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

I love how the option is: do it or lose the money and the game! I'm curious about the real reason for the data transfer. It doesn't seem in favor of the community.

Next test uses a different launcher, so the data for the log in must be transferred there.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Understandable, incomprehensible is the fact that if I refuse that my data are passed to the another company, I lose the game and the money, and the real game is not here yet. I don't like this at all.

Is like the Dynamight Studios is in the mod: So long and thanks for all the fish.

• Not gonna lie, I was incredibly excited for your game. Seeing something as promising as a crafting, building, and economy game WITH raiding and pvp was just too good to be true... turns out it was. At least I can be sound in my decisions in my own game development career knowing that this game, studio, and their friends at GAMIGO will be nothing except trash at the bottom of the barrel. Truly an inspiration to see such wonderful ideas thrown down the drain.

CHEERS!

@Animalesco

Unfortunately the launcher is from another company, so they have to ask our permission to transfer the data.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@spoletta They are not asking, they are informing you. There is a big difference. They inform you that this will be the conditions from now on, whether you like it or not, otherwise you can leave.

Well no, we can simply say no.
    Obviously at that point the launcher will not work for you...
    But in any case I don't see what is the problem with the location of the data. If they are on a server in Germany or in US, as long as they are protected by the same EU laws, I don't see a difference.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Animalesco said in gamigo Data Transfer:

I love how the option is: do it or lose the money and the game! I'm curious about the real reason for the data transfer. It doesn't seem in favor of the community.

The real reason is that it gives Gamigo control over game.

• @PricelessShingle54 said in gamigo Data Transfer:

@Crucifixx not necessarily... idk man lets see what happens

In fact it means that, you should check their graveyard, they killed a lot of games for nothing.

@spoletta said in gamigo Data Transfer:

(...)US, as long as they are protected by the same EU laws(...)

Data on an US server can never be protected by the 'same EU law', due to US law, even the European Court decided that way.

@Logain lol, actually we were discussing about nothing.

Gamigo Us Inc is a German company, not an US one despite the name.
    The data is still in EU.

If you check their privacy policy they specifically follow the GDPR.

Ok move on everyone, nothing to see here.

(...)Gamigo Us Inc is a German company, not an US one despite the name(...)

The blog post specifically links to trionworlds.
    Gamigo US Inc. is an US based (Austin/Redwood City) company and a subsidiary to the German based Gamigo (Group), but, since it is a subsidiary and not a division, it is a distinct legal entity for the purposes of taxation, regulation and liability.

(...)the data is still in EU(...)

Right now, before the move, yes, it is. But after the move, as far as the information available to the public, there's no concrete statement where the data is going to be. But the ToS and PP linked in the blog post are for the US based subsidiary that states: '(...)IT-experts ensure player data protection and maintain our US-servers(...)'[²]. I'd consider that a strong hint when signing the ToS and PP agreement.

You are correct on the physical location of Gamigo US, but you follow that link you mentioned, you will arrive here.

https://www.trionworlds.com/en/legal/privacy-policy-gamigo-us/

Read it and discover that it is EU based. GDPR, German laws and everything.

(...)physical location of Gamigo US(...)

Which determines regulation and liability.

The PP is GDPR compliant in parts, which it has to be in order to target the European market. But it doesn't apply to the full EU standards (just as an example: '(...)19.7 gamigo is not willing to participate in such an out-of-court settlement of Disputes arising from contracts with our customers, not even under the VSBG (Consumer Dispute Settlement Act)(...)').
    And storing data on US servers can never be privacy shield compliant as ruled by the court of justice of the European union.

The debate is mute though, neither of us is going to be convinced by the other one, you're even going to come up with verifiable false information claiming that '(...)Gamigo Us Inc is a German company(...)' in order to justify Gamigo's moves.

I actually took that info from their Linkedin profile, but indeed that was me reading the info incorrectly (the page was redirected and I didn't notice it). Apologise for the mistake.

• @Arcahem Very sad. Bye Fractured.

• At least you shot your own game down before I had to pay any money for it.

Sadly all my RIFT toons are gone, not like I want to really recover them anyway. I was a RIFT Beta tester from 2011 and my account is still active (yes 11 years - yes I know it could be 5 years older (but I had a job then (not retired))).

In any case rather than bore everyone to tears with the reason I quit playing; suffice it to say that the developers "had a vision of the game" that was at odds with the players (normal in these types of games, IE: how to really screw up an loose all your players) - and - in any case yeah, everyone basically quit playing the game and went somewhere else.
    I quit EQ for that reason "our vision" (player nerfs)
    I quit FF for that reason "our vision" (player nerfs) (well lets say I'm quitting, my sub expires in a couple of weeks; sadly I used my EW key and can't get a refund)
    I quit WoW / GW's / GW2 - make a list of major game changes that will send your paying customers down the road here.

Developers spend too much time in games, and not enough time as 'real people' and loose sight of what people want from a game, then call them trolls, etc if they don't adhere to their vision for the game and kill their own success. Gamico is one of those stupid moves that makes this a foregone conclusion. "Game" - denotes log in and have some fun, while working a real job and paying bills (like games. Trust me, when its not fun we don't pay anymore.)

My brother is down at the bank now discussing his unused founders pack and charge-back options (he played RIFT too); seems your "policy" VS federal law will be an issue for your lawyers (since all CC under federal law are subject to charge back rules for 120 days. Authorized payments for goods or services not received as described; changing horses midstream qualifies)

In any case, and with a long rant out of the way - I will back-burner this one and see how things develop, but won't pay until the rinse cycle.
    Good luck with it.

• I am excited to see where it goes. I have had many bad and good gaming experiences. I wont judge something just because of a refusal to change because a bunch of cry babies want it their way. You want a game your way, you make the game! Taken from GGG and their hardline stance on making a game "they" want to play not a game "you" want to play. In my most likely not well liked opinion, more developers should take a hardline stance against changing things to suit people who whine. I have seen many dev's end up losing because they did what the players wanted instead of sticking to their guns. RIP FFXI (my one true love until they decided that they would give the players the instant gratification they demanded instead of making the players earn everything). Don't give up your dream and desire to make the game you want just because a bunch of whiney players cry and talk smack. Make the game you want, the game you love, and stick to your guns! Sure you may not have the huge community or massive influx of cash that bending to the cry babies would net you, but your core players that stick by your side will be more long term, and far more grateful than any of the whiney players ever will be to anyone besides themselves.

• I already have a Glyph account. It and my Fractured accounts have the same e-mail address. What I want to know is what do I have to do to ensure that my founder "Eternal" purchase and other Fractured account Data are attached to the correct Glyph account?

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured